Tiffany's Secret

Tiffany's Secret

Chapter 17

 

“Tiffany, Mr. Kim wants to see you in his office. He said now.”

 

Tiffany glanced up from her writing & smiled at Kyungmi, “Well, tell him that I’m busy.”

 

“He said it’s urgent.”

 

“Well, my work is urgent, too. If that scoundrel wants to talk to me, tell him to come into my office.” She threw the pen in her hands onto the desk, the fake & sweet smile disappearing from her face, “If he doesn’t have the nerve to come & see me face to face, tell him that the partnership contract had just been shredded down the shredder.”

 

Kyungmi’s eyes widened, “Alright, I’ll tell Mr. Kim just that.” A shaky smile appeared on her lips before she shut the door slowly.

 

Tiffany inhaled slowly, let it out & inhaled again. She glared down at the folder on her desk & felt a stabbing pain & she had thought that last night had been a dream, a dream she had wanted so long to share with a man. What had she done to herself? To her mother? To her father? And god damn, to her sister?!

 

A small cry escaped through her hot pink lips as she banged her head onto the desk. What had gotten over her last night? She had never been attracted to him. She had never liked or loved him. She had only hated his guts & what had she done by hating his guts? She had only gotten herself into deeper stress than she could manage to handle.

 

The question ran through her head over & over again, without stopping. What had really gotten over her? She couldn’t find any answer. Not even one to assure herself that everything would be alright. Nothing would be alright. Nothing. She had almost lost her pride that night to a man she had never loved. What had made her touch him so? What had made her say, ‘I promise’? Why did she kiss him as if she had never been kissed before?

 

She wanted him.

 

Tiffany choked halfway on a sob. Her head had gone crazy. No, it couldn’t possibly be. She had never thought of being in the same bed with him. She had never thought of kissing him but her body had grown towards his when he had kissed her hungrily. Why when she had refused his other demanding kisses?

 

Taking in another deep breath, Tiffany raised her head only to have dizziness run over her. Just a great day. She wasn’t in the mood for a talk from him. Her temper had gone off when she had arisen from the bed only to see him gone, leaving the room with the same degree. He was a coward to run off on a woman who he have never loved & slept with the night before.

 

“Curse you.” Tiffany whispered madly, but it was luck to her not to see his face when she had woke up. She felt ashamed. She felt as if she needed a dark corner to hide away from everything. The fault was pulled upon her. Her foolishness to sleep with a man out of wedlock had cursed her well. Where was that little corner?

 

Her head jerked up as the door flung open. She swallowed. Where was that pride now?

 

“My office or your office doesn’t make a big difference.” Jaejoong slammed the door shut. He advanced towards her & smashed his hands onto her desk. Startled, Tiffany jumped a bit off her seat. She made eye contact with him, not willingly to let him know how much she was affected by him. He leaned forward, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“Tell you what?”

 

“That I was your first, god dammit!”

 

Tiffany narrowed her eyes at him, “What’s wrong with sleeping with a woman?”

 

His face turned red. She seemed to sense steam coming out of his ear. Jaejoong backed up as if straightening his back. She swallowed, feeling the room temperature changing at a high degree, “Nothing’s wrong with it.” He said, & asked again, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“You didn’t ask.”

 

His face hardened, “The hell with it! Stop being so calm.”

 

Her? Calm? Nonsense. She was shaking inside so badly, “If this is all you want to talk about, the door is right behind you.”

 

“I know you’re scared to talk about yesterday night, Fany.” He smiled as she narrowed her eyes on him menacingly, “I would have still locked you in that library.”

 

Her chin tipped up indignantly, “Why didn’t you?”

 

His smile widened, “Because you forgave me.”

 

Her face went paled slightly, “I don’t recall saying that I did. You must have been dreaming.”

 

“Actually.” Jaejoong paused shortly, walking around the desk. Tiffany gulped down her saliva. The sound of fingers running down the blinds was heard, tickling her neck, “That wonderful time I had with you last night wasn’t a dream at all.” Red spots covered her cheeks, “I know you enjoyed it as much as I did. You can’t say that you didn’t, Fany. You accepted my apology like a snap.”

 

“& you’re here to make fun of me?”

 

“No.”

 

Tiffany jerked onto her feet at his touch on her shoulder. She spun around & gasped. His face wasn’t but an inch away from hers. She felt his hard breathing running down her cheek & neck. The color of her face flushed deep red from the memory of the night before.

 

“I came here to ask you why.” He paused before finishing his statements, “You could have refused me & I would have left you alone. Why didn’t you? The exception of your love for me.”

 

I wanted you.

 

Bashful answer.

 

Tiffany remained silent. Jaejoong waited for a moment & when she didn’t answer, he made a movement, shifting his face one-inch back, “I’m making this hard you on, aren’t I? Fine, let this be known to you, Fany, I know that you don’t love me.” He grunted, “I see the changes in your face. It’s true after all. You never had loved me. Let me guess.” He pretended to think, “You want me in bed.”

 

Her eyes widened in bewilderment. Tiffany stepped back only to bump into her desk. Lips trembling in anger, she raised her fist & planted it hard on his jaw. He jerked back by the hit & clenched his teeth together. His hand worked the muscle of his jaw, flexing it, too shock to even take a small look at her.

 

Tiffany heaved a heavy breath in animosity, “You’re just like all man. A pity bunch.” As he finally took a small glance or maybe a glare at her, she gasped. A passion of anger fiercely flared up in those eyes. He had a dangerous look added to it, like a racketeer about to blow up. Swallowing a little, not ever admitting the nervousness growing inside of her, she added, “I regretted it.”

 

The silence that covered her after the words left felt as if a volcano had just exploded. Tiffany stood in her inwardly trembling stage, trying to catch his next movement. Just as he worked the muscle in his neck from his still poser, she flinched a bit. When had the feeling ever entered her of being afraid of him? From the slow motion he gave her with his eyes, she knew that he had seen it.

 

Before her eyes can even catch his next move, Tiffany was backed hard against his chest, with him leaning close over her. His dark, raging eyes lowered down with a hatred look at her. He blinked slowly, torturing her for the time being. As his hand moved to touch her back, she started to struggle. He yanked her still. Her hands were prisoners in his one fist behind her back. His other hand, Jaejoong brought it down to her hips.

 

“You promised me you won’t regret what we did last night, Fany!” Jaejoong snarled, & stilled her as she being to struggle again. To soften her up, he pressed his body nearer, “Now, why are you going back against your words?” He leaned his lips in near her right ear, “Or do you want me to show you how we did it last night to regain your words back to your forgetful memory?”

 

“The hell with you! Such a pity. I would rather die than promise anything to a man like you. You were drunk.” “Wrong answer there, darling.” He smiled slyly, “Well, I was but then that stupid wedding planner just have to ruin everything for me by waking me up with some of her choking spray! I never knew that it really worked until she tried it on me. Then she poured some lime juice down my mouth which really ticked me off at that time & then, lastly, she slapped me hard.” He chuckled.

 

“Serves you right.”

 

He scowled at her then, “That’s the good part, too. You see, if she had never woke me up, I wouldn’t have had such a great night with you.” He smiled as her face hardened suddenly, “You were great.”

 

Tiffany narrowed her eyes, “Why are you taking this out on me? Just because my sister died you can’t expect me to become her. I’m not her, Jae Oppa. I maybe her twin but we’re not the same person.”

 

“Shut up!” He tightened his hold on her.

 

“You’re not the only one who’s missing Stephanie. What about me? What about my mother? What do you think my dad would do when he finds out? I’m her twin. You don’t know a thing about twins being parted from each other. You don’t know how they feel, especially when one betrayed another when they love each other the most.” Her words weakened towards the end of the sentence.

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes briefly, “I don’t want to hear anything that has to do with Hannie, Fany.”

 

“She’s my sister, you monster.” Tiffany swallowed, having a hard time doing so as small tears choked her eyes, “I feel ashamed to have slept with my sister’s husband. Do you know what was the last thing that occurred on my mind before everything happened last night? Stephanie. I know she would never forgive me for doing so. What had tempted me to? I admit it. It was you. I wanted you. How could I have stopped myself, Oppa?” Tiffany choked on a sob & lowered her head. She had tried so hard not to cry, “I regretted it. I didn’t want to promise you. I didn’t want to. I didn’t.”

 

Tiffany closed her eyes. She tried to free her hands to cover her face but his grip was still on the verge of not letting go, “I promised myself not to cry after Stephanie’s funeral. I promised to find the folder to get my dad out of prison. I promise.” Her words couldn’t go on. It wasn’t because of the clog that was blocking her words. She still had to get her revenge on Stephanie no matter what. The man was still on her list of murderers, “I...I’m sorry. I.”

 

Tiffany jerked out of his hold & with free hands, she quickly wiped her cheeks. Weakness wasn’t her term. She was never weak & she wasn’t planning to be weak. Taking in a huge, shaky breath, the words she had wanted to say came trembling out of , “Don’t you dare apologize. I don’t want to hear another word out of your mouth. I had never spoken out my feelings before to anyone since you had taken Stephanie away. I would have killed myself before saying anything to you.”

 

“Please lower your voice.”

 

“Why are you being so calm now? This is an argument, Oppa. We’re supposed to be fighting. We’re supposed to be quarreling.” Tiffany choked again, as a small, crying hiccup escaped between her lips, “I’m a fool just to be crying at nothing. Why am I crying? Because I had betrayed my sister. Why am I crying? Because I lost myself to a man that I don’t even love. Why am I crying, Oppa? It’s just a small matter. I’m a fool. I am.”

 

Her words died down slowly. Amazing how the temper of the room dropped down. Now, her lips shiver in coldness. She brought her dead arms up & hugged herself lightly. The tears on her face had dried thickly. Her red eyes turned back to its normal color. The silence continued. She felt his warm eyes on her. Feeling too ashamed, Tiffany turned around. He took a step towards her. Then the phone rang. The sound chilled her body. Then there was that sound of an impatient man picking up the phone.

 

“What do you want?” Not just five seconds that had passed, he slammed the phone back down. A knock came at the door. Tiffany angled her head. A small silence then the door opened. Her eyes narrowed slowly.

 

“Well, well, if it isn’t my newly wedded husband & his late wife’s sister.” Yoona carelessly closed the door, leaving the blinds banging against it. She shifted her sharp eyes over to Jaejoong & tilted her head, “What are you doing in here?”

 

“It’s none of your business, Yoona.”

 

She wrinkled her nose at his detested voice, “Of course it’s my business. I’m your precious wife now. Who else would be more important than me?” She grunted & averted to stare at Tiffany, “It was too bad that you didn’t attend our wedding. We had a great time.” She smiled, “Especially Oppa & I after the wedding dinner.”

 

Tiffany’s lips thinned in a small smile. Hilarious to see a woman lying about her own wedding night when her man was in bed with another woman. She took in a small breath, forgetting about her tears & took a small look at Jaejoong. He quickly shifted his eyes away from hers as they met. Something pierced her heart unwillingly. She bit the inside of her lips & took in some angry air. He wouldn’t claim that he had taken her last night after all to anyone else but to her, he had bragged as if his life was depending on it.

 

“That’s very nice.” Tiffany spoke lowly, “I had a horrible time last night but I managed.” Her eyes were aimed at Jaejoong tightly.

 

He lightly shifted his gaze towards her, “I had a great time last night.”

 

Yoona laughed, “Of course you did, Oppa. We really did, didn’t we?” She flipped her newly cut, mid-length with no bangs, dark mahogany brown hair, walked over to her new husband & slipped her arms under his, “Let’s go. It’s too stuffy in here. Besides, I ordered us sukiyaki & drinks. Japanese hot pot, my favorite.” She tugged on his arm but he didn’t move a muscle. Her eyes squinted up at him. Then her pinkish lips curled as she saw his gaze tightly fixed upon Tiffany. She panicked. Boiling blood reached her system & her heartbeat increased its speed.

 

Before she can let out another frustrated word, he took a hold of her wrist, “Let’s go eat your damn sukiyaki!” Yoona let out a loud gasps as he jerked her towards the door.

 

Tiffany scowled herself angrily as the door closed behind them. The look in his eye. She breathed heavily, kicked the edge of her desk & turned to face the window. Bloody hell! She still couldn’t believe tears had fallen from her eyes in front of him.