Tiffany's Secret

Tiffany's Secret

Chapter 12

 

“Bloody hell!”

 

Tiffany bit her fingernails. It was a feeling of nervousness & troublesome. Nervousness, that was the first she had ever felt since years ago. How could she have been so stupid as to speak out like that?! Damn! She was only supposed to seduce him, not tell him another one of her lies.

 

A mirthless laugh escaped between her red lips. How the hell did she come up with those ridiculous statements?! ‘Had you ever figured it out that I loved you before everything had ever happened? I was the one attracted to you eight years ago.’ She was mad. It had come out so sudden, yet slowly. Maybe the words had only came out of to bring him closer into her planned. That, somehow, had changed his expression. The look of his paled face was full of disbelief. The light in his eyes had gone dull & those seductive lips of his had parted in awe. She can still sense the silence in that room, the unbearable silence. If he didn’t believed her words because of all the rudeness she had been showing, he would have believed her with the look of pain & love in her eyes, the look of fake love & to the luck of her survival, her mother had interrupted them with a call from the kitchen. She had seen him swallow again, with thickness. He raked his hair with the best temptation of not roaring out in madness & before he had walked out, his last words were the ones she had closed her eyes upon.

 

“Did Hannie know?”

 

Jesus christ. How could Stephanie possibly know when she, Tiffany, was here to take revenge? The last thing she wanted Stephanie to hear was those badly spoken words but how will she be able to face him again? Why the hell was she asking that question?! For years now, she had never felt ashamed. Why now? Oh no, she wasn’t ashamed of what she had done. For now, there was only a little self-confident left in her. She will regain her strength back after she had stolen the folder that had been planned. If only she could get back to Seoul fast enough before he realized that she had taken a flight back to his home, her first job will be accomplished then.

 

Taking in a deep breath of confidence, Tiffany looked out of the little window of the airplane at the darkness. Everything will & would be just fine. She shouldn’t be too overwhelmed. Before dawn can even arrived, the folder will be in her hands.

 

“We are now landing, passengers. Please make sure that you have all of your belongings before you evacuate. We hope that you had had a nice flight & we hope to see you on again, soon. Thank you very much for your cooperation.”

 

Tiffany took off her seatbelt & stood up at a calm, leisurely pace. Stretching her arms out, she popped her sleeping muscles. Ah, the gym will do her some good. Something just to wake her up. She haven’t been to the gym for a while now. The direction to one in Seoul will be an honor. With her blue michael kors large selma satchel bag hanging across her chest, she walked out. Her suitcase had been left back at the house, just to delay Jaejoong from coming back to Seoul. She had more clothes than she needed at his house. If Jaejoong were more of a fool than she thought he was, he would search everywhere in San Francisco before he would even realized that she had already departed.

 

“Ti.”

 

Tiffany angled her body. With her shades on, she took them off to focus her gaze on Yuri as she pushed the crowd. A smile curved up at the corner of her lips, “I thought you’ll never make it.”

 

“I’m never late for anything.” Yuri took the shades from Tiffany as she handed it over. From her pocketbook, she placed the thick glasses on her palm, “There’s a button on the right corner. Just press it gently & you’re ready to take lovely pictures.”

 

“Nice, Yul, but I’m sure I can get the folder this time.” She placed the glasses on & knotted her short hair up into a bun with bobby pins that Yuri gave her.

 

“I know.”

 

Tiffany sighed, “I need to change.”

 

“Your clothes are in the car.” Yuri nodded her head over to Changmin’s car which was parked near the curb, “Changmin Oppa’s ready.”

 

“Thanks.” Taking in a deep breath, Tiffany handed her bag over to Yuri & stalked to the car. She got into the car & sat down just as it started. Privacy within, the game had begun once again. She couldn’t let this one be a failure. Sooner or later, Jaejoong would catch the burglar, her.

 

Tiffany took a quick glance at her fossil olive three-hand stainless steel watch. They had approximately eighteen minutes before dawn unfolds itself. The car came to a stop along with the silence of the engine. With her beige leather, open toe, fulginiti heels, on, the door opened & Tiffany stepped out. She came face to face with Jaejoong. A wicked smile tilted up her lips.

 

“God damn, Changmin, you look almost like him!”

 

“Of course, boss.” He laughed & escorted her out of the car, “I’m him.” His long fingers nibbled at the end of the mask that ran down his neck. The rubber skinned came off a bit, “It’s uncomfortable though.”

 

“I know.” A queasy feeling tugged at her heart. Why was she having that feeling again? It was just a mask, “Come on. I don’t want to be in delay.” Instead of him tugging her along, she tugged at his dark khaki cotton sateen photographer suit jacket & half dragged him out of the parking building. When they got to the corner of the building where the folder was being held prisoner, Tiffany stopped. She glanced up at Changmin. He frowned.

 

“What’s up, boss?”

 

“Act like the damn man!”

 

Changmin smiled, “Of course. As you wish.” He took a step forward & this time, he led her to the front building. They stopped before the glass door, not even bothering to see if it was lock, of course it were. Tiffany studied the guard as he stood up from his lazy position. Her heart thumped hard against her chest. The man had been the night guard ever since the business had started. It would surely be a miracle if he doesn’t recognizes Jaejoong’s voice.

 

The glass door opened after he unlocked it. He half stepped out of the building, “Mr. Kim? What are you doing here so early in the morning? Don’t you usually come in at eight-thirty? It’s only half past five.”

 

“I have important business to do.”

 

Tiffany’s heartbeat stopped. Her hold on his arm tightened. Oh, !

 

The guard frowned, “Is the sore throat getting to you early, Mr. Kim?”

 

Changmin had the nerves to laugh as he cleared his throat, “Yeah. I’ve not been so well lately. Maybe I should stop smoking.”

 

“Ah. You’ve got a lifetime ahead of you.” He cast a glance at Tiffany. She touched her glasses gently by the corner, “I’ll be letting you in now if you insist.” He opened the door wider & stepped out to the side.

 

“Thank you.” Changmin half choked. He entered with Tiffany by his side. They walked regularly in & heard the door closing along with the guard’s footstep as he walked back to the desk. Eighteen steps to the elevator then the action comes. Bringing up her hands to her ear, she pressed the button to speak quietly, “Make sure the guard doesn’t come, Yul.”

 

“Roger that, girl.”

 

They entered the elevator & turned to face the door as it closed. Tiffany counted. Thirteen minutes then the door opened. They walked down the hall coolly, went pass the doubled doors & came upon the office. Changmin reached out for the knob & cursed.

 

“! It’s lock.”

 

Tiffany growled. The corner of her eyes glanced up at the camera. They weren’t down. She brought her hand up & pressed the button to the ear piece, “Cameras down when I give the signal, Yul.” She looked at Changmin, “Kiss me.” He cast a frown at her. She gritted her teeth & growled again, “Kiss me, dammit!” Frown still on his slim, oval-shaped face, Changmin angled his head & leaned down to plant a still kiss on her lips. Their lips didn’t move but he made a safe move to press her closer to him with his arms about her back.

 

She swallowed. It wasn’t Jaejoong. God damn, it was just a mask!

 

“Cameras down with you two kissing on the screen. Nice move, Oppa.” Yuri chuckled.

 

He made a move & stepped back with a teasing smile on, “Thanks.”

 

Still tense, Tiffany eyed him with a killer’s eyes, “Whatever. Give me a wire. We need to jimmy this damn thing!” A wire appeared in front of her face. She glared at Changmin again, & snatched it from his fingers, “Careful.” Turning, she worked on jimmying the lock. A few seconds passed & they were in the cold room. Goosebumps appeared flesh on her arms. Ignoring the senses, she made a move towards the cabinet.

 

“I’ll watch.” Changmin called after her, “Hurry. We just can’t be on the screen all day fake kissing.”

 

Tiffany tried her best not to kick him on the behind. It was hard enough to make one man in particular kiss her. She pulled on the cabinet. It made no move but a creaking sound. A soft curse came out, “Changmin, throw me another wire.” Without a minute to waste, the wire was in her hands. Was Jaejoong just stupid enough to lock the cabinet after the first burglary?! She had just jimmied the lock on his door. How difficult can it be to jimmy a lock on a cabinet?

 

With the cabinet opened, Tiffany scanned through all the folders & finally found it in the middle of the pile. She took it & stood up after shutting the cabinet. Just on her first step, she stopped. She looked down at the name of the folder again. The right one, finally.

 

“Come on, boss.” Tiffany nodded & hurried out of the room. With the door closed, they positioned themselves back into their kissing place. Changmin smiled down at her, “Why don’t we make this one wild?”

 

“In your dreams.” He shook his head & leaned down. Their lips froze together.

 

“Cameras on. I bet you’re relieved, Ti.” Yuri’s voice came on.

 

Tiffany angled her head, “You can say that again.”

 

“I’m not a bad kisser, you know. If only you’ll just let me.”

 

“It’s almost dawn. Come on. We’ve no time to lose. Workers will be arriving.” She placed her hands at his arm & walked down the hall into the elevator. A feeling of relief entered her.

 

They stalked down the front lobby. At the sound of the elevator, the guard had turned around & eyed them teasingly. Tiffany clenched her jaw.

 

“Business, huh, Mr. Kim?”

 

Changmin smiled & gave a small nod. The man had been looking. Before they had even reached the doors, it opened. Tiffany paused, jerking Changmin back. Workers had already started to arrive but one among them wasn’t employed.

 

“!”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Tiffany didn’t answer but stare as Yoona made her way over to them. Her eyes were narrowed at both of them, “Don’t talk.” Tiffany whispered, just as the woman approached.

 

“Your hands are on my fiance.” She reached over to grab Changmin’s arm. Tiffany pulled him back. The woman’s peachy color lips curled, “I said your hands are on my fiance.”

 

“I know.” Tiffany worded, through gritted teeth, “But as you can see now, he wants to be with me. So, if you don’t want him to call up the security, I suggest you let go, Miss Im.”

 

formed a huge O as if she was about to scream. Tiffany’s gaze went to her hold. It had tightened. Trouble had entered. She tightened her own hold on his arm. Tug a war.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

Tiffany eyed Changmin. His thin lips had thinned even more & his expression had changed helplessly. His thick eyebrows had met in the middle, half-begging her to help him & half-begging god to save his life. Tiffany heaved an impatient sigh.

 

“You have got the wrong man, Yoona.”

 

The woman raised her chin with her lips quivering in anger, “What do you mean? Joongie Oppa is my fiance, thanks to your sister.” Her lips now curved up into a nasty smile as Tiffany’s face thickened into marbles, “I, of course, will make a lovelier wife than that ! The problem with…”

 

Yoona screamed at the top of her lungs from the sharp pain of Tiffany’s heel & broke off the contact with Changmin. She held her arm to her chest with a hug, eyes narrowing & firing at her. Tiffany, satisfied, jerked Changmin to her side.

 

“Don’t mess with me if you know that you’ll get hurt. It’s not a warning, Yoona. I don’t like playing babies games.”

 

She cast one last & strong glance at Yoona & walked out with Changmin at her side. Why did they have to bump into her? It had only increased the problems.

 

“This Jaejoong guy is a really big problem.”

 

Tiffany nodded her head silently & answered in a hushed tone, “Yes, he is.”