Tiffany's Secret

Tiffany's Secret

Chapter 10

 

“Good morning grandma.” Jaejoong shut the door behind him softly. A bright smile laid on his lips, though his grandma haven’t heard him. His footsteps were light as he made his way over to her in the faintly, darkened room. Bending down, he kissed her wrinkled, white cheeks. She was startled in surprise & looked up. A laugh escaped her.

 

“You startled me, my boy.”

 

“I intended to do that.”

 

The bright laugh his grandma let out shined his day. He cleared his throat & walked over to the curtains.

 

“It’s so dark in here. I don’t think that little lamp helps much on your embroidery, grandma.”

 

“Eh, I can see perfectly fine.”

 

Jaejoong dragged the heavy velvet curtains to the sides & threw the window open, letting in the morning fresh air. Just as he was about to turn around, he spotted her jogging about the shoreline. Something tightened inside of him. To see her run like a wild princess knotted a feeling of unconsciousness into his guts to feel her hair once again, to touch her.

 

He grimaced at his thoughts. His conscience maybe too much of a big influence on him. If it wasn’t just that his wife had died, it was her that is his wife’s sister. Not only did she needed to stay away from Kyuhyun but he himself needed to stay away from her also.

 

‘One thing you better get use to, Oppa, is me being around here.’

 

Damn! Those promised words of hers were still running in his head. It was only the reflection of her sister’s face, he was sure that kept his eyes focused so much on her. He missed her senselessness. How much excuse does he need? It was bad enough being a sane widow. She would think he was crazy if only she knew that he dreamed of two people at the same time. Not only did his Hannie lurk in his dreams but also did the twin. Her shadows cast the lost loneliness that he, Kim Jaejoong, had been in since his wife had died & her victoria secret perfume, the smell of vanilla lived in his dreams. It drifted about him when he sleeps. It drifted about him when she was nearby.

 

“I’m not Stephanie, Jae Oppa.”

 

He flinched slightly, remembering the dream in which Tiffany had spoken so dedicatedly into his soul. She had smiled, the usual smile that he had gotten so use too, because of her hatred towards him. Of course she wasn’t his Hannie. Why else would she be?

 

“What’s bothering you, dear?”

 

His eyes open, not realizing at all that they were closed. An eerie feeling crawled up his spine. The breeze had grown stronger, blowing his neatly combed hair. She was no longer running on the beach. He grimaced without a taste. Quite a difference. Hannie had never liked to stroll or jog along the beach. Only his pleading had gotten her to.

 

“Nothing, grandma.” Jaejoong said in a hushed tone, before she can ask him the same question again. He turned away from the window unwillingly & walked towards her. The room had become brighter. With a smile to unconcern his grandma, he sat down on the bed near her wheelchair. A trickily smile appeared on his lips. It was a greatness to study the old woman. He loved how her cheeks grow with warmth when she couldn’t get the snowflake embroidery into the taste she wanted it to be. Her black glasses hung on the tip of her nose. The whiteness of her hair was twisted back into a firm knot & her almond-shaped eyes, even when she was staring down at her embroidery, were fill with hope & merry.

 

The way she talked in a loud but hushed tone had always made him smile into his arrogance! Though, most elders in their eighties couldn’t hear well, she was a woman who never gives up to make others repeat themselves & he loved the pronunciation of her name, such a desire to kiss it along with her blushed cheeks. Micha Kim.

 

“How’s your embroidery going, grandma?”

 

“Fine, fine, just fine.” Mrs. Kim freed one of her hand from the cloth & waved at him. He smiled even more, such a sweet woman. She sighed heavily under her breath & tilted her head, “Are you sure you can control yourself from that sister of your wife? Now, now, don’t go too far as if I had spoken out such shockness. Keep your mouth shut from such awes.” She muttered, something unreadable under her breath, “She’s got a strong will, dear. I see her every morning jogging out there on the beach & that’s not all, it’s her bold words that always got you mad.”

 

Jaejoong blinked, “She’s my wife’s sister, grandma, & I’m housing her under my roof until she wants to leave & go back home.” He shrugged as if he knew not a thing, “Maybe she still misses Hannie.”

 

“Eh.” She placed her embroidery down & turned to gaze at her grandson, “& maybe you shouldn’t be giving her that much attention since your wife had just only passed away.” Her eyes narrowed down at him, “I don’t want to get involve in your life, dear, but you have to know your position. What will people think when they see you with another woman just after your wife had recently passed away, especially with her sister? Tiffany is a dear & I would be more than happy to see your life lighten up.” She tilted her glasses up with the tip of her index finger, “What do you really think of her?”

 

He frowned, “As family.” His reply gave a choke inwardly, somehow.

 

“Now, now.” She tsked, “Don’t you dare lie to an old woman like me. I maybe old & may have a bad hearing but I’m wiser.”

 

A chuckle came out between his lips. Jaejoong took his grandma’s hands into his & looked deeply into her eyes. His eyes glinted & the smile disappeared from his lips. A hesitation it was that stopped him from getting his words out. He took in a deep breath & let it out uneasily, “I have an early announcement to make, grandma.” He lowered his eyes to gaze at the embroidery & then looked up after a moment passed, “Please don’t have such shock if I tell you this.”

 

She waved him off, “I won’t. Just let it out, dear. This old woman is ready for anything.”

 

Jaejoong smiled thinly. He soothed his hands over her wrinkled ones, “I’m getting marry to Yoona.”

 

Her merry eyes widened, “Oh, dear. Don’t tell me it’s that little naughty child that used to have a big crush on you. She’s such a spoiler.” Her eyes widened even more & her hands unclasped from her grandson’s, “Is it that woman you showed to me on Stephanie’s funeral? Oh, boy. I had just remembered. She’s grown into a beauty. A real beauty.”

 

“Grandma.” Jaejoong whispered, clasping her hands back into his larger ones. He cleared his throat, trying to raise his voice so she can hear more clearly, “Are you okay with it?”

 

She stopped her fluttering & stared at him back in the eyes. A small sigh came out between his lips from the look of his grandma. She patted his hand, “There is something wrong. Tell me, dear. Why are you planning to remarry just not some weeks after your wife’s death? You’re supposed to be in mourning.” She cupped his face into the palm of her hands, “I want a good reason.”

 

God damnit! He should have known that this would happen. He couldn’t tell her the truth. He didn’t want too, & he couldn’t, “I love her, grandma.”

 

“No, you couldn’t.” She shook a finger at him, “You can’t lie to your own grandma. I know you don’t love her, dear. How could you possibly love her just five weeks after your wife’s death? That’s insane, unless you loved her while you were still married to sweet Stephanie.” He cast his eyes down, “I knew it. You’re a bad liar. Now, tell me the truth or I will not let you leave to go to work.” She clasped her hands over his to ensure her promise, “Speak up, my boy.”

 

Jaejoong kept quiet, knowing fully well that the nurse would enter any second. A sly trick. When a knock came at the door, he stood up, his hands still under his grandma’s, “I’m sorry to disappoint you, grandma. The wedding will be in less than a month.” He kissed her now paled cheeks, “Have a nice day. Love you.” Not taking a last look at her displeased appearance, he stood up from the bed & walked over to the door. He opened it & let in the nurse. Though he would love nothing more that to leave the matter alone, a sensational feeling burned inside of him. He hesitated, veered to look at her back & stooped his shoulders. One could have done better.

 

“Hi, Oppa.”

 

He cast his eyes up after closing the door behind him,”Hi, Cho Hee.” Such joys were in those pairs of dark brown almond-shaped eyes & her smile shot a smile onto his own lips, “You look cheerful.”

 

“I am. How is grandma doing? I was just going to give her a little visit before heading off to school.”

 

“She’s doing great. Go ahead & give her a visit. She’s been asking for you, brat!” Her lower lips pouted out. He chuckled, “Go on. I’m late for work already.” He reopened the door, motioning for her to go in. With the pouting lips still on, she skipped into the room. He began to closed the door but not before he heard his grandma wording his name into a question.

 

With a small shake of his head, Jaejoong took out the keys from his pocket & walked down the hall. There will be a great change, he was sure when he marries Yoona. Only a small amount of time was left. If he finds the real reason why Hannie killed herself before the wedding can take place, there’ll be no wedding. It’ll be much more of an easy breeze.

 

Hopping into his car without a waste of a second, he drove off. What could be more better than work to occupy his mind now? Mind off of everything would be a nice dessert. Walking into his office after a few minutes, he threw his suitcase onto the desk & sat down into the chair. Maybe he can’t concentrate very well after all.

 

He turned his head & rested back comfortably. His eyes cast about the room & then closed. He breathed in deeply. That perfume. His eyes flashed open. She had been in his office.

 

“Kyungmi, I need you in here.”

 

He growled & sat up straight. Despicable woman! If she wants to play a game, so it will be. He wasn’t going to lose. The folder was safely locked in his room under his pillow. The only way to get to it was by him physically.

 

“Mr. Kim, you…”

 

“On second thought, Kyungmi, book a second plane ticket for Ms. Hwang since she so wanted to go back to San Francisco. You can have a little break off. Ms. Hwang will accompany me.”

 

With a deceitful smile on her face, Tiffany hung up the phone & put her feet onto the desk. Sweet. He will be leaving town tomorrow for San Francisco to check up on Kim’s Comp. Enterprise. It was a time she can use to go through that cabinet again, & get the folder. For taking a risk during daylight, she had almost got caught not a few minutes ago by Kyungmi.

 

A playful smile ticked upon her glossy pinkish lips as she closed her eyes & leaned back. Ah, isn’t life worth it at times? & that deceiving man. She opened her eyes. Did he think that she didn’t see him looking at her from his grandma’s bedroom window? Not only did she saw him looking down at her but she had also sensed him, “Come on, Mr. Kim.” She whispered, picking up a pen, “Come nearer. I don’t bite.”

 

A knock came at the door. Tiffany grimaced & threw the dried pen into the trash bin. Just as it scored, the door opened. She shifted her gaze & cast it at him. Just on time.

 

“Good morning.” She gazed up at him from her feet on the desk, “It’s a nice morning. Come in.”

 

“I’m not here to chat with you, Fany.” Jaejoong slammed the door shut. Tiffany laughed. He advanced towards her, slammed his fist onto the desk & coldly glared at her, “It’s not funny, honey.”

 

She brought up both shoulders with a careless shrug, “Actually, it is.” Her smile & laugh stopped short.

 

“What do you want?” She raised her brows, “If you’re here to lecture me about Kyuhyun then there is…”


“Oh, it’s more than that, sweetheart.” He now smiled with a charm as her jaw clenched at the name, “Pack your stuff up for tomorrow. We’re going to San Francisco to give your mother a nice visit.”