Tiffany's Secret

Tiffany's Secret

Chapter 34

 

Tiffany clenched her jaw & tried her best to push back the menacing tears. She gulped thickly, closing her eyes briefly. Rushes of air brushed past her as cars drove by. A chilly feeling crawled up her back. She wanted to run but running wasn’t a part of her. Parting her dried lips, she spoke lowly, “You were thinking I was Stephanie all along, Jae Oppa. You haven’t fallen in love with me. I’m not anyone. Remember you placed me in Stephanie’s place. You’ve fallen back in love with her.” She opened her eyes, “You’ve made a big mistake.”

 

“I know I haven’t, Fany. I do love…”

 

“Dammit, Oppa!” She cried out, “Stop it! You don’t love me! You never had! Like you had said from before, I’m a model of Stephanie! Stop being so senseless!”

 

“You’re the one who should shape up your act.” He moved towards her. She stood still, fist balling up at the sides. He stopped, gently yanking her towards him & looked down at her with sharp eyes, “All those words I had said to you were nothing. You were never a model of Hannie to me.” He tightened his hold on her arm as she tried to deny his words, “I guess you have never really been in love before, have you?”

 

“Five times!” She snapped.

 

“Then you should know how men cover up their silly feelings for women. Open your mind, Fany. All those hatred words I had thrown at you were nothing. All those stolen kisses were exactly why I wanted you so much. Those lonely nights I spent in bed were hell after you came along! Why do you think I followed you here? To stalk you because I’m scare you might just get under Kyuhyun’s hand? Wrong.” He swallowed, “I followed you here because I love you. Just to say those words to a woman who absolutely doesn’t care kills me.”

 

Her lips twitched, “I haven’t fallen for that spell yet, Oppa.” She yanked her arms free, “Thank you very much for the lecture but I’m not interested. Maybe next time?”

 

Jaejoong snarled, “Stop being so stubborn & listen to me, dammit!”

 

“No. You listen to me, Oppa. I was patient enough to listen to you & what do I get in return? Nothing. This isn’t a joke. It’s plainly not. Do you think it’ll make me feel better? Do you?”

 

“Sorry, I can’t take my words back.”

 

“& I didn’t ask for you, too. It’s painful enough to know that your love had died for my sister. To know you have fallen in love with this model, it makes me sick.”

 

“Why can’t you just listen to me?” Jaejoong asked, his voice dying. His brows sunk together as he bit his lips, “You’re rejecting my love as if you were along that line, too. What’s lying in between us, Fany? I’ve studied you & we’re two people alike.” His voice shook, “Is it Hannie?” Her wide eyes met with his. She could read pleading in those eyes of his but kept shut. He grimaced slightly, “I haven’t forgotten about her, Fany. I know that after what had just happened, she trusts me. Please.”

 

She shook her head jerkily, “You need a wake up call. I’m sorry.” She brushed past him but he quickly snatched her wrist & twisted her back.

 

“You’re rejecting my love because of Hannie, huh? I can now sense a small change in you, Fany. You’re changing back into that lovable woman eight years ago. Instead of kicking & beating me up like I had thought you would, you stayed.” His eyes glinted, “You love me, don’t you? You know you can’t reject this now. Rejection is all in the past. If you run away now, it’ll just show that you really love me, Fany.”

 

Chin tilting up, Tiffany gazed at him with glistening eyes. This wasn’t what she had wanted. In fact, she had wanted nothing from him except for desertion. What does he want for an answer now? She wouldn’t care if he thinks she loves him but now that had changed. Her death was coming to an end & to make him think that she loves him was just to give him hell for the rest of his life! She couldn’t live with the guilt & she couldn’t leave with the guilt.

 

“What do you say now?” Jaejoong whispered.

 

She searched his eyes. All of what he had said, she knew it was the truth. He’d never thought of her as a substitute; he had only said it. He had force kisses on her just to get his desires & he had followed her just to confess his love she knew she couldn’t accept.

 

“You’re my first rejection, Oppa. It’s not my sister. I’m so sorry.” She responded, shaking her head, “We aren’t meant to be.”

 

“Than say it.”

 

Her eyebrows sunk, “Say what?”

 

“Admit that you don’t love me. Say it, Fany.”

 

She shivered lightly underneath his dark, sorrowed eyes. A heavy guilt lay upon her. This was why she didn’t run away.

 

Just as her lips parted to speak, a ringing sound reached her ear. Tiffany frowned then came back to reality. She reached inside her pocketbook but his hands reached out & easily grabbed her wrist. She angled her head & peered up at him.

 

“It’s mine.” Jaejoong uttered easily, “What is it to be?”

 

“Answer your cell phone.”

 

“Not until you answer me.”

 

“Same goes to you.” Tiffany calmly said. Jaejoong gave her a twitching look. Then with a sigh, he reached for the iphone 5s cell hanging on his belt. He gave her a look before flipping the device open. She listened to his snapping voice as he turned his back to her. A sigh of relief filled her inside. She brushed the lock of hair away from her face, looked at his back once again, & then walked away slowly. As Tiffany increased the space between them, her ears only heard his increasing voice. He must have forgotten about her for his voice brawled at the person on the other line at a long distance. At the end of the bridge, she turned left with no cars coming, walked pass a fill pillars & hid behind one of them.

 

Leaning her head against the dark, red brick beneath the night, Tiffany let out a small sigh & continued to listen to his faraway voice. Before a minute passed, his voice died down, followed by a closing of the cell phone. She can feel his movement as he turned around to find himself alone as cars drove past him.

 

“Fany.”

 

Her heart heaved. Her lungs tightened. Tiffany clutched at her chest. Her breathing began to slow down. She cursed inwardly, opening her eyes in a gasps. Her body dropped down into a crouching position. Knees & palms flat on the ground, she tried to breathe in & out easily.

 

‘Please don’t let him see me. Oh, please.’

 

She put some effort not to make any noise, even if it stop her breathing.

 

“Fany.”

 

She closed her eyes tightly, hoping a miracle would happen. He seemed to be coming closer to her now. She can hear his footsteps, breathing & voice calling out her name. Why did she have a feeling it was herself & not the illness that was making her weaker?

 

Her eyes gradually opened. His footsteps were slowly descending & disappearing. She closed her eyes & started to breathe in & out with deep, controlled breaths. The cold air snuffled through her nose with a tingly feeling. She counted the ins & outs, came to an even number & started to breathe easily again.

 

Sure that she had gotten her breathing back, Tiffany got off her knees & leaned back against the pillar. Her body was tired. She didn’t feel like moving any longer. Her body was out of energy. She blinked restlessly & started to laugh with a mirthless feeling. Luck couldn’t come any closer to her.

 

“How could this have happened? Where was the tight security I paid for? God dammit!” Jaejoong pounded his fist onto the long, metal table, startling his employees. He glared at them, seeing their tight swallow & their nervousness. He clenched his jaw & finally threw up his hands, “Never mind. Damn the security! I want to know who did this. We’re being sued, dammit! Catch that bastard & I’ll be sure to bust him up!” Jaejoong paused, glaring at his employees again. Then suddenly, he burst out again, “Who did this?!”

 

“We don’t know.”

 

“Quiet, Kyungmi!” He snarled. She looked up with wide open eyes, “I asked who. Nothing else.” He scanned up & down the table-board, “I want to know who this jackass is by tomorrow. This company has come way too far to back down. I want this fix. Don’t send any orders to the owners who have bought this disc. Send apologies & their checks back. Kyungmi, I want Comp. Enterprise to be under greater security. It’s a damn good thing I was over there!” He gritted his teeth, reaching down to flip the folder close, “Get back to work. Your job & my job are at risk, people. I want no fooling around. This isn’t a puzzle. This is work.” He narrowed his eyes up at them, “Get moving.”

 

The room began to fill with noises as chairs were being pushed back on the floor. Hands on the table, Jaejoong shut his eyes & sighed. His lips twitched along with his closed eyes. As the door closed behind the last person, he dropped onto the leather chair & leaned back. He rubbed his temple, trying to calm his throbbing headache & anger down.

 

“Dammit!” Jaejoong whispered, & he wasn’t cursing just for the heck of the company. How can he go back to her & leave his job? It wasn’t a matter of complication.

 

He had flew back to Seoul that night after the late night phone call from Daeho. At least his youngest brother had the nerves to call him up at such a late night & especially when he hated to be interrupted the most. Though, he had hated to leave, he knew she wanted time & he will give her time. Impatience was just getting to him & he was ignorant enough to turn his back on her at the time! Knowing her, he should have guessed she would walk away. Calling back to her parents if she got home safely before getting into the plane, relief did fill him then.

 

“Mr. Kim.”

 

Jaejoong looked up, startled. He grimaced & waved his hands at Kyungmi, “What is it?”

 

“There’s someone in your office who wants to see you.”

 

“I don’t remember having a appointment with one at this time.” Jaejoong responded, with an irritated tone, “Have I not told you not to let anyone into my office when I’m not there?”

 

Kyungmi nodded, “Yes, but she says it’s very important.” Her eyes narrowed at her boss, “& I know you want to see her since she says she knows something about our problem.”

 

Jaejoong looked up at her with a silent look. Instantly, he rose from his chair & grabbed the folder on the table, “What’s her name?” He asked, walking quickly out of the conference room.

 

“Kwon Yuri, sir.”

 

“Never heard of her before.” He pressed the button to the elevator, “Did she tell you what she is? A computer mechanic? A computer hacker? A computer repairer? A computer programmer? Whatever I hadn’t named?” “No, sir, she didn’t. I didn’t ask either.”

 

“Well, next time ask.” As the elevator door opened, he stalked down the long hallway, walked pass the double doorway & reached his office. Fixing his kenneth cole reaction solid slim black tie loosely, he looked down at Kyungmi, “She better be of help.” She smiled favorably. He handed the folder over to her, opened the door & closed it behind him. Silence invited him back. His eyes scanned around the room & then came back to the leather chair with its back facing him. A black head poked out from behind it without a movement. His eyes narrowed, “Go ahead & make yourself at home.” He said sarcastically, not making a move yet.


A soft laugh came out from behind the chair. Jaejoong sighed impatiently. She began to twist the chair about but made no move to face him, “Nice to meet you, Mr. Kim. I shouldn’t be sorry for you, you know, but I am. It’s a matter of my feelings. I guess you’re wondering where you have heard my voice before?” She laughed again, “Boy, this is fun. I’m Kwon Yuri, by the way.” A pause & then she twisted the chair around to face him, “& sometimes I go by Rinnie, Tiffany Hwang’s aide at hand.”