Tiffany's Secret

Tiffany's Secret

Chapter 14

 

Jaejoong stalked down the dark hall, frustrated from his sleepless night. If he didn’t remembered that he had locked her up in the library, he would have thought that there was a ghost. How could she have possibly made so much noise? The last time he checked, she was skin & bones.

 

Taking out his keys, he unlocked the door & opened it. His eyes narrowed at the pile of books on the ground. Smart woman after all. His hands slammed the door shut with a loud noise. Where was she? He scanned the room & a smile tilted up at the corner of his lips. There she was, asleep on top of the large library table. It was big enough for a mattress of a king-size bed. Taking in a deep breath, he moved forward.

 

Tiffany was still asleep but surely, she should have awakened at the loud noise of the door. He took in a huge breath & stopped at the side of the table. Her hands were tucked under the side of her head, making it a helpful pillow. Her hair was let down, covering her face like a net & her small body hugged herself tightly together with his jacket on.

 

The corner of his lips thinned. She was cold in here but he wouldn’t let himself feel guilty. Tilting his head at a certain degree of an angle, his index finger moved her hair away from her face. He sighed; then cursed as she opened her eyes without a warning.

 

“Are you trying to me in my sleep?” Wrinkling her nose in annoyance, Tiffany got up & jumped down from the table!

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes briefly. She had scared the hell out of him! Maybe there was a ghost up here. Following her as she made her way over to a bookshelf against the wall, he remarked, “You’re coming with me.”

 

She turned around sharply. Her eyes & chin were stubbornly pointed out at him, “I don’t remember forgiving you.” She swallowed & averted. Her hands reached out for an old book. Jaejoong reached out to touch her shoulder gently & receive an elbow blow from her into his ribs. He groaned with a soft curse & glared up at her, hugging himself, “Never touch me.” She gritted through her teeth.

 

He clenched his jaw & straightened up as if recovering already. The pain was still there, “Are you hungry?” “What do you care?”

 

“You’re my prisoner. I don’t starve my prisoners.” He his lips, “I’m going to you to your room. You’re going to take a shower & have breakfast. No whining.”

 

Tiffany turned around slowly, her eyes narrowing at him, “I haven’t apologized & I will not get out. You had worded it yourself yesterday. I’m a woman who remembers others words, Jae Oppa. I’m staying in here.”

 

“If you don’t want to make this difficult, I suggest for you to follow my orders.” He stepped up & jerked her arms into his hands tightly, “Do you hear me?”

 

She shrugged his hands away like a slap, “No, I don’t. You can order others around but I’m not your servant, Oppa. You can keep me here like a prisoner but I will get out of here on my own, without apologizing.” She swallowed, showing a small lump going up & down , “You’re wasting your precious time here. I’m staying in this room whether you drag me out or not.”

 

His eyes stayed near upon hers; then he slid down to her lips. No, kissing her would only make things worst. He had done that way too much. Then he looked down at the side of her neck. An arrow pierced through his heart lightly. He had made that purple mark by his untamable anger & had kept her locked in. By her words, it was his entire fault.

 

Taking her by the hand, Jaejoong jerked her from behind as he walked towards the door, “What are you doing? I told you I’m not going anywhere.” Her left freed hand landed on top of his & her fingernails dug its way into his skin. Jaejoong growled at the same time he flung the door open. Frustrated with her act, he swung her out into the dark hall & shut the door with a loud slam. He abruptly jerked to face her with heavy breathings, pushing her against the wall.

 

“I’m tired of that ridiculous attitude you have, Fany, & I mean it, stop it right now. I hate these unreasonable arguments & if you like it so much, I’ll give you the kiss you need.” Hands against the wall with her between them, Jaejoong glared down hard at her. Unafraid, she raised her chin as if to look down on him, though her size was much smaller, “Meaning, stop looking at me like that. You know the one consequence well, darling.” Teeth gritted hard together, she angled her head to the side without saying a word. He exhaled over the little victory. Taking a step back, he took her wrist. She piercingly veered to command loses on her wrist. He swallowed & did so without hesitation.

 

“Don’t try to run away. I will catch you.”

 

Ignoring him completely, Tiffany turned & walked down the hall. Jaejoong took in a deep breath; then let it out easily. He stared at her back with his jacket on & followed her from behind, keeping his distance from her. At this moment, he knows that she wouldn’t try to run away from him. Her pride was too high. She would rather go back into the library & then break out by herself without his little help.

 

When they got to the door of her room, she went in & began to close it. He placed his palm flat against it. She turned around, eyes glaring & questioning. He nodded his head at her room, “I’ll wait in there.”

 

“You can wait in hell!”

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes briefly; then opened them back to shake his head, “I’ll wait in there!” He commanded again, pushing the door wide open without a forewarning & walked in just to close the door, lacking her favor. He looked around her room & stopped when his eyes landed on her. She stood without moving, “Get clean.”

 

“I will when you get out of here.”

 

“No chance.” Jaejoong seemed to wave his words in front of her face as he walked to her bed & sat down. His eyes moved back to her & narrowed, “I’m not in the mood for another argument. Either you go clean yourself up or I’ll do it for you. I won’t hesitate & that’s a promise.” He had seen several movies & read several books to see a woman chicken out on the threat but she stood still near the door.

 

Getting annoyed & frustration, he stood up & walked towards her. Without glancing anywhere but staring straight at her in the eyes, he reached out & ed the suit jacket. Her eyes widened slowly but yet, she made no move to slap his hands away. Down onto the last button, he took the jacket off which slid down onto the floor. His hands didn’t hesitate as he reached out & ed the button on her white cambridge cropped pants. He ped the zipper, yanked her closer to him, placed his hands on her hips & pulled down the pants. It fell down restlessly. Biting his lips, he turned his face to the side.

 

“Go take a damn shower!”

 

“You forgot my shirt!” She whispered loudly.

 

“I said go, Fany.”

 

Jaejoong can feel her solid look on him as she raised her feet from the fallen pants. His ear twitched at the sound of her footstep walking towards the bathroom. As the door shut, he took in a deep breath. Damn the woman! When will she ever give up her stubbornness? Never in his life had he ever met a person like her, other than himself, she was the first woman he will declare his dislikes towards. His taste goes in the direction of a charming, devotedly attached, loving & liable woman & what was she? The total opposite. Maybe that was the reason why he fell in love with Hannie instead of her.

 

Tired, he walked over to the bed & fell down onto his stomach. It was going to be a long day. He didn’t just let her out of the library for a shower. For all he cared, she can rot in the room. He had his own good reasoned & if she have known, she would have fought not to come out.

 

He didn’t know how long he had been lying on the bed but when he heard the door open, he turned his head to the side & saw her. His breath caught a hold of itself. Tiffany, dressed in only in a towel, took only a small glance at him & then walked to the dresser. Her wet, curling hair ran half past her shoulder, giving her a look of a runaway fugitive, his fugitive.

 

Jaejoong swallowed thickly. Although she wasn’t his type, he had never felt the way he was feeling towards her now with any woman, not even with his wife. Back facing him, she placed her clothes on, ‘What is she doing?’ He thought madly. Did she not see his opened eyes? His fingers laced the mattress into his palm. She was crazy, y & hot. He swallowed again, as her towel fell onto the floor & then she pulled up her blue stretch cotton twill cropped pants. Very slowly, she bent down & picked the towel back up to dry her hair.

 

“I wasn’t sleeping.” He spoke out huskily & lowly.

 

Tiffany looked over her shoulder, “I know.” She turned around then, “Where are you taking me?”

 

“We’ll have breakfast first.” Jaejoong answered, after a few second & this was her bed he was lying on. Sighing, he helped himself up, “What do you want?”

 

“Anything to fill my stomach since yesterday late afternoon.”

 

Jaejoong aimed his eyes at her. Was she trying to make him feel guilty? For sure, he already was but yet, not wanting to admit it, “Come on then.” He led the way this time with her following from behind & as they reached the kitchen, the smell of breakfast floated from above. He sat next to her as she ate her banana bread french toast without no hurry or no sign of hungriness. She took her time slowly, maybe to annoy him even more! It didn’t work but they arrived at the shop late.

 

In the passenger seat beside him, Tiffany stared firmly at the bridal shop. Jaejoong turned to look at her & saw the lump in as she swallowed, “Come on.”

 

“I’m not going in there.” She then turned to look at him.

 

“Yoona wants you to be the maid of honor.”

 

“What makes you think that I’m going to your wedding? I would rather rot in that library & be torture for the rest of my life.”

 

“You will go.” Jaejoong said slowly.

 

“For whom? Her? Or you?”

 

“No, it’s for your sake.” Her eyes widened gradually in a bit of fire. He ignored the look & opened the door, “Either you get out or I’ll come over there by myself just like I did earlier.”

 

Eyes still on him, she reached over & yanked the door handle, opening the car door, “I’m not going in there by your command; I’m going in there to take a glance at the beautiful but unlucky bride.” One corner of her hot pink lips twitched in anger. Turning her body, Tiffany stepped out of the car.

 

Withstanding the cause, Jaejoong got out & followed her into the shop. He took the lead halfway & headed towards the group, her wrist in his hand. His eyes raised upward a bit, taking a look at Yoona’s back with the strapless a-line beaded lace tulle ivory wedding dress on.

 

“Ah. There’s the groom.”

 

Jaejoong gritted his teeth & accidentally, his hold tightened on Tiffany’s wrist as his future mother-in-law walked over, “Hello, Jaejoong.” He let her kiss his cheeks & then glanced up at Yoona. She had turned around, holding the skirt of her wedding dress & raised her chin. One look at him & then she focused her gaze on Tiffany.

 

“Glad to finally see that you made it here safely.”

 

“Sorry that I’m late, Yoona.”

 

She grunted, hitting her dress, “Hurry up & put on your tux. We have pictures to be taken.”

 

“I think we’ll get started when I feel like it.” Jaejoong responded, quite unchanged.

 

She sharpened her gaze on Tiffany; then smiled wickedly, “You’re my bride of honor since Cho Hee have no interest in being it. By the look on your face, it seems that you’re honored. I have a dress ready for you already.” She waved her right hand at one of the workers.

 

“It’s very nice of you, Yoona.” Tiffany jerked her wrist away from the hold of Jaejoong’s hand, “But I’m declining it. My body nor my spirit wouldn’t likely be at your wedding.”

 

“Save your breath.” Yoona waved her hand again, “You’re going to be the maid of honor whether you like it or not. As for me, I had never wished for you to ruin my wedding day. It’s just your lucky day today.” She took the purple a-line/princess scoop neck, knee-length, chiffon dress with a bow at the side into her hands & held it up into the air by the hanger, “It’s very expensive, you know, for a San Francisco girl like you.”

 

“Enough, Yoona.” Jaejoong walked up & snatched the dress from her. He walked back to Tiffany, his eyes burning with fire. Without a warning, he tossed the dress into her unopened hands which fell down onto the floor, “Go try it on.”

 

Tiffany raised her chin, lips smacked together, “I told you I have no intention of attending your wedding. Are you deaf? Do I have to repeat myself over & over again?”

 

“You’re making a big deal over this. Just try the damn dress on!”

 

“Who do you think you are telling me what to do? Nobody & I mean nobody, Oppa, commands me to do things that I’m not willing to do.”

 

He growled, taking in a deep breath, “God dam…”

 

“What took you so long to go get Tiffany, honey?” Jaejoong looked down, catching his grandma’s sweet eyes. The corner of lips lifted & then dropped down again. How could he forget that she was by his side? As she looked at Tiffany, he took a small breath, “Where were you yesterday night at dinner? I asked my grandson here to come & look for you but he said you were out with some friends.”

 

The corner of Jaejoong’s eyes slowly shifted towards Tiffany. She gazed at him hard & swallowed, lifting her chin, “I was out with my friends. I hope that’s not a rule that I had broken in the house.”

 

“Of course not, dear. Why would it?” Mrs. Kim touched Jaejoong’s hand, soothing it. She sat in her wheelchair, gazing up at him softly, “I don’t think it’s necessary for dear Tiffany to try it on, honey. If she doesn’t want to try it on, don’t make her.”


“I’m sorry, grandma.” He took a small look at Tiffany. Her eyes were still withering a curse at him, not satisfied, “The wedding is in one week. By then, I expect you to get ready. No excuse.” Her vast eyes widened in wrath. Jaejoong gave her a look of a commander. The wedding had been planned for next month but he couldn't delay his work anymore, “You should be happy.” Swallowing thickly, he looked down at his grandma & wheeled her to the other side, feeling her sharp eyes on him.