Tiffany's Secret

Tiffany's Secret

Chapter 35

 

Jaejoong frowned, “You.”

 

“Yes, me.” Yuri let out a big breath & got up. She placed her hands on her hips & flipped the papers in one of the folders back & forth, “I heard about your company. You’re taking a big risk here.”

 

“& you think I have a choice?” Jaejoong walked up & stopped before the desk, “Who are you really? Tiffany’s aid at hand. You have to be kidding me.”

 

Yuri peered up at him with an irritated look, “Look here, Jae Oppa, I came here to help you. If you don’t want any, its perfectly fine with me.”

 

“Yes, you do know her. You have her stubborn attitude, too.” Jaejoong smiled mirthlessly as she raised a brow. Slamming his hand down on the folder at her next flip, he tilted his head at a determined angle, “Tell me who you are or I will take you out by myself.”

 

“I know you won’t hurt a woman. You’re way too obvious.” She crossed her hands over her chest as if looking down at him, “Like I had said from earlier, I’m Kwon Yuri. Rinnie’s only my disguise name.” She smiled as he frowned, “Never mind about my name. I’m a computer whiz, the one who’s going to solve your problem.” “Let’s take it from the top.” Jaejoong inserted, straightening up, “I want to know how well you’re related to her.”

 

“Will you believe it if I said I’m her sister.”

 

“I’ll be damn!”

 

Yuri smiled, “Well, then. Let me give you a little hint. I like to play games like Tiffany. We were the ones who broke into this building that night & a second time later on. That man you saw kissing her in the video is Shim Changmin. We’re one team. We met each other at a nightclub & got to know each other like family, the exception of her feelings. I didn’t join her just to get her revenge, Oppa. I felt as if she needed a friend. It’s all easy to explain but for now, let’s get on with this problem.”

 

“You were playing makeup then.”

 

Yuri eyed him with a look, “Yes, in fact, one of my job is to seduce the people who needs to get out of the way. If you’re wondering, yes, I did the same thing to Yunnie.”

 

“Seemed like he seduced you instead.” Jaejoong studied as her smile lightly faded away. He sighed, wiping his mouth, “So, you weren’t an undercover cop after all. It was no wonder you were there that night at that club with Kyuhyun.”

 

“You’re a smart man.” Yuri said slowly.

 

“Why are you telling me all of this?”

 

She bit her bottom pink lips, looking at her fingernails. At a matter of life, she had never thought of going this far by betraying her best friend but it was only a matter of life & death before the man who loves her falls into a whole without a response. She had promised not to tell him but it was only for the stubborn woman’s love.

 

“Why the silence?” He asked, narrowing her eyes at her.

 

Yuri looked up, “I think it’s to go back to the problem.”

 

“Not until you answer me.”

 

“Sorry but I’m the one who has all the answer.” She waited for his next negate. As he stood silent with a glaring face at her, she smiled & sat back down into the chair, “Don’t mind if I make myself at home in your beautiful office. It’s pretty big. Bigger than my apartment, in fact.”

 

“Get to the point.”

 

“You seem very irritated.” She laughed & came to a stop. Her face turned serious as soon as she placed her feet onto his desk. He winced as the dry mud on her shoe crinkled down onto his work, “Would you believe me if I told you who stole that new hardware & place it into a virus killer?”

 

“It depends.”

 

“On what?”

 

“If I trust you.”

 

Yuri smiled lightly, “I don’t care if you trust me or not. It’s your company anyway.” She cleared lightly, now looking into space. It wouldn’t hurt her. Besides, she was doing Tiffany a favor without being sent to. Falling in love with every eligible man was quite impossible. She didn’t know how she had done so but she knew her love for the reckless man was never love.

 

“Rinnie? Or should I call you Yuri?”

 

She turned her attention to him again, “Yuri’s my real name.” She took in a deep breath & let it out easily, “Even though your brother & I broke up a week after we met, I followed him around.” She read his look, “I was stalking him but it wasn’t because of the position I was placed in. I thought I had fallen in love with him but after thinking it over for a few days, it was just those stupid love you find on the street! Although I promised myself not to follow him afterwards, I still did.”

 

“& your point is?”

 

Yuri peered up at him with an annoyed look! Turning the chair at an angle with her feet still on the desk, she continued, “I further more followed him to a club on an afternoon day. Before I can even enter the club, I saw Yoon walking in after him. Being the curious person I am, I entered by the back door where no guards were on duty at the time. I hid myself behind the bar, drinking the best beer I had ever tasted before.” She paused, making a refreshing face.

 

“You mean…”

 

“Yes, it was your brother & Yoon. I bet she tricked you into helping her out with the company she’s going to take over from her father. The fat liar she always is. I never liked her. She was the one who stole that newly developed chip from you & gave it to Yunnie. They had a deal.”

 

“& what was it?”

 

“You mean what is it.” She sniffed with a grunt, popped her feet back down onto the floor & twisted the chair back & forth while looking up at him, “He wanted to destroy your companies or rather you & she wanted to get clean with you & Kyu. For the deal, if she helps him destroy your company, he’ll help her. That’s the fact but if he can’t help her.” She looked down & then peered back up at him through her eyelashes, “You’re done for. Truth is, I came here to warn you. Your brother can’t be trusted, Oppa. He’ll do anything to kill you now for keeping the deal with Yoon.” Jaejoong looked thoughtful as he stared down at the ground. She grimaced, “What are you going to do now?”

 

He looked up again, “How much should I trust you?”

 

“Your life.”

 

“I don’t see any proof. Take this as if you’re in court.”

 

Yuri shrugged, holding up a tape recorder, “Everything is way too easy. I’m always prepare.” She flipped the recorder over to him. He caught it between his fingers without looking away. She nodded her head, “No need to thank me. It’s my job.”

 

Jaejoong grimaced, placing the recorder into his joseph abboud gray sharkskin slacks pocket. Yuri half slammed her palm onto the desk as she stood up. She yawned in a stretch, walked around the desk & towards the door, “You forgot something.” Jaejoong spoke up in a low voice. She turned around to face his back. He stood unmoved, “I know you’re here for the reason of Tiffany. We already solved the problem. Now it’s time for you to speak up what I want to know.”

 

Yuri winced inwardly. She could easily walk out now but the truth, she came here to tell him. His company’s problem was only an excuse, “It’s actually something that you don’t want to hear.” He turned around slowly. She looked down at the floor, ashamed of herself, “I promised her to never tell you, although she’s so stubborn.” Jaejoong angled his head, growing impatient & worried at the same time, “What is it?” He asked quietly.

 

She looked up but was unable to look at him in the eyes, “She needs your help. Although it’s too late for you to save her, there’s still time for you to make it worthwhile to make her happy. She deserves it.” Yuri took in a deep breath, pushing back the unwanted tears, “She has lung cancer. Make it worthwhile for her last two months please. I...I have to go now.” She stiffed, turned around & walked out silently.

 

Standing rigid with arms hanging down by his side, his gaze looked lost. He breathed in & out easily, unable to think. His brows twitched, working its way to meet each other. His jaw shook, causing his breathing to heave. He swallowed thickly & hard as his eyes began to get misty. His body temperature increased. He shook his head as her words ran through his head.

 

‘It’s painful enough to know that your love had died for my sister.’

 

‘To know you have fallen in love with this model, it makes me sick.’

 

‘You’re my first rejection, Oppa.’

 

‘It’s not my sister.’

 

‘I’m so sorry.’

 

‘We aren’t meant to be.’

 

He pressed his lips together, balling up his fist. His body began to shake, “No. No. No. Dammit! Dammit!” Jaejoong slammed his fist onto the desk. He flung his hand at the pencil holder, shouting at the while. A crash followed by. Slamming his hands onto the desk, his head hung down with eyes closed. A small teardrop sunk out. She had been giving him hints that night. How could he have not seen it? It was plain & simple; she rejected him just to save him the pain but this had only made it harder. It isn’t over until he says so.

 

He swallowed through his heavy breathing, “You shouldn’t have lied. You shouldn’t have. You’re not going to get away that easy.” Clenching his jaw, Jaejoong flashed his eyes open. He glared at the open city, swallowed again, & then averted sharply.

 

Yuri closed the door, leaned back against it & sighed. She stared at the dark hallway to the living room. It was too quiet; it always was. Taking in a deep breath, she walked towards the living room, flipping on the lights. Tiredness had suddenly invaded her body after leaving his office. She had heard his shouting before walking away. It’s something no love ones can deny. She could feel the pain herself.

 

Stopping, Yuri threw her black fossil memoir anthology tote onto the sofa. She rubbed her neck, head hanging downward. A cold air brushed against her skin. She came to a slow pause. At the corner of her eyes, the balcony glass door was slid an inch away from its closing. The curtains hanging above it swirl at the corner as the wind blew again. She closed her eyes & began rubbing her neck again, feeling the cool presence around her. Cautions entered her.

 

She quickly duck forward as a metal pole strike at her. Hands on the cold floor, Yuri quickly to her back as the rigid pole struck onto the floor. She took a good look at the masked face before stretching out her legs to give the man a good kick on the stomach. He jerked backward. She flipped her body up abruptly as he got ready again. Arms posed ready for his next move, her hands reached out for the coverage of the sofa & flung it at him. He swirled the thin sheet around with the metal rod & hurled it away. Too short of his action, she brought her leg up & kicked his chin. He grunted, tightened his hold around the rod & battered her at the side. Yuri shouted out in pain, stumbling back. She swallowed hard & got back in position, despite the wound, “What do you want?”

 

He answered her with his next move. She flipped back & onto her feet. He sent another blow. She moved to the side quickly, causing him to sent the blow onto the table, breaking it. Her eyes widened. Just as she was about to make her next move, the cold tip of a gun at her neck froze her.

 

“You know what’s best for you. Hands up.”

 

Her eyes narrowed at the voice. Breathing hard, Yuri ever so slowly brought her hands up, eyes still on the man in front of her. Hands midway up, she quickly respond to grab the gun but froze at the act. The tranquilizer of the phonograph needle stung at her neck. She fell forward onto the floor. She couldn’t feel the pain as her face landed flat at the side. A queasy, cold feeling ran over her body system.

 

“Get her.”


The words were a blur. Her lips parted open & slowly, her eyes shut.