Tiffany's Secret

Tiffany's Secret

Chapter 43

 

Her noiseless sobs stopped. He could feel her shaking lips stilling. She then pulled back quickly, looking up at him with her already widened eyes. He swallowed, knowing fully well how shocking the releasable question was. He never had planned to ask her. He had never thought of marrying again, but at the time of love crises between him & the woman he loves, it was undeniable to wait until she confesses her love. Leaving to Seoul tomorrow morning, he had only planned to ask for her love but nothing like this & in the pocket of his jacket was only a necklace for her while he was gone, not an engagement ring.

 

“I know I don’t have a ring with me but I’ll promise to buy one tomorrow. Or if you want me to go now I’ll go. I would have wanted this moment to be romantic but it just.”

 

“Not possible.” She finished the sentence for him quietly. He came to a short stop, brows furrowing together. She broke the embrace, stepping back with a lost look. He stared at her silently. She brushed her hair back hesitantly, trying to hold in her imprudent words, “You forgot, Jae Oppa. I have lung cancer.”

 

“& you’re going to make it the brick between our relationship?”

 

She winced, “We never had a relationship. You…”

 

“You just need to stop being so stubborn, Fany.” Jaejoong said in a huff, “I want to know why you’re doing this. You know fully well that you’re the one who’s...who’s.” He growled, burying his face into the palm of his hands. He stood silent, unable to think, “How much do you love me?” He mumbled, looking at her again.

 

“I don’t…”

 

“Dammit, Fany!” Jaejoong exploded, throwing his arms out in irritation. She jumped back, startled “I want to know the truth & I know damn well that you’re lying! If it’s about the cancer, the hell with it! I just want to know the damn truth! What’s so hard about it? You…”

 

“Stop it, Oppa! Just stop it! Yes, I’m lying! Yes, I love you & yes, it’s the damn cancer! Are you happy now?! Tell me! Are you happy?!” She cried out, trying to control her balled up fists. Tear ran down her face as she waited for him to answer. She bit her lips as they began to shake uncontrollably. He stared down at her, unmoved “What now, Oppa?” Tiffany breathed out, “Isn’t this what you wanted? What more do you want from me now? Answer me, Oppa.”

 

The muscle in his jaw twitched. He stood still, wanting to move & speak but couldn’t. Her cheeks were flushed against the shadow of the setting sun. He wasn’t expecting an outburst; a stubborn mind was what he was expecting from her again. As she began to open for another outburst, he reached out & pulled her against his chest. She let out a small grunt in surprise, chin on his shoulder. He pressed his lips against her hair with his eyes closed.

 

“I’m so sorry. Please forgive me.” He soothed his hand against her hair. His heart thumped hard against his chest, “I wanted your love but I didn’t want you to get mad.” She shut her eyes quickly as a tear fell down her cheeks, “I just wanted to know before I go back home. I didn’t mean to get you overwhelmed.” He pressed her closer, “I’m leaving tomorrow morning. My grandma sent to the hospital & I didn’t know about it until yesterday night.” He swallowed after letting out a big breath, “Do you really love me?” She pressed her lips together as her body began to shake. Her hands slowly spread out behind his back as she pulled him closer, “Fany?”

 

She nodded her head hard, burying her face into his chest. He wanted to laugh, yet he couldn’t. He wanted to shout out in joy, yet he couldn’t. All the while his heart had been crying out for her love, she have been loving him silently.

 

“Look at me.” Jaejoong whispered, trying to pull her away slightly. Hesitantly, Tiffany raised her head, eyes filled with tears. He cupped her chin into the palm of his hands, wiping her tears away, “You’re not just saying this because I’m making it too difficult on you, right?” She shook her head, unable to speak, “I’m sorry for yelling at you & for making this so hard for you.” She nodded her head in understanding. He smiled lightly, “I love you.”

 

Her eyes locked tightly within his, “I love you, too.”

 

Jaejoong tilted her chin upward, leaning down gradually towards her lips. Her eyes shimmered as the last minute of the sun set. Eyes closed, their lips touched. With his fingers holding onto the tip of her chin, he smoothly kissed her shaking lips. She brought her hands up to his neck as he slipped his left hand down her hips, pulling her close to his body. She groaned as he fastened the kiss moderately, losing her breath by his motion. He tilted his head, making a better angle of kissing her fully. She pulled him closer by the second. As his right hand slipped behind her head, tangling in her hair, he pulled away enough to still touch her lips.

 

“I’ll come back as soon as I can. I promise. Just wait for me & we’ll be together soon enough.”

 

“Soon?” Tiffany asked, out of breath.

 

He nodded his head, “Soon, but first, will you marry me?”

 

She opened her eyes, staring into his. A slight smile crossed her lips beautifully, “Yes please.” He laughed, pulling her into a hug. Her smile disappeared slowly but she quickly forced one on again, “Where’s my ring? You said you’ll get me one.”

 

He chuckled, pulling back to lean his forehead against hers, “Seoul has the best engagement rings. I’ll buy one from there & bring it back with me.”

 

“How long will you be gone?”

 

“I don’t know but I’ll come back soon.” He sighed, unsure “I want to wait, Fany, but I can’t. I know it’ll be too much for you now but do you mind making the wedding plans before time?” She smiled, understanding. He soothed his thumb against her cheek, “How about the wedding after I come back? Or is it still too much? I can change the plans &...”

 

“No.” She interrupted, holding his hands still on her cheeks, “After you come back, we’ll have the wedding then.”

 

“Will the time be too short then?”

 

Tiffany dropped her eye contact with him, looking down. She her lips, still tasting his kiss, “No, it won’t. Everything will be fine.”

 

“Then it’s planned.” Jaejoong said. She nodded her head. He frowned at her behavior, tilted her chin up & forced her to look at him again, “What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing much.” She said in hesitation, “It’s just that...well, I can’t believe that this day had finally come. You...You won’t forget about Stephanie, would you?”

 

“Of course not.” He placed a small kiss on her lips, “I will never forget her.” He raised a brow then, “Are you sure you don’t mind being my third wife after all of the others? I know it’s…”

 

“I don’t mind at all, really. As long as you love me, I’m fine with it. Besides, you & Yoona were married officially.”

 

“But I didn’t hear her I do before I passed out. It’s so unofficial to me. That was the worst wedding anyone can ever have.” He smiled down at her, “But with you, beautiful, our wedding would be a blast. I can’t wait.” His eyes suddenly brightened in the dark. He quickly picked up his jacket on the ground & reached into the pocket with the help of the streetlights. Finding nothing in his pockets, he patted his light faded vintage classic bootcut jeans, “Don’t tell me I left it at the hotel room.”

 

“Left what?”

 

Jaejoong looked at her, flashing a quick smile, “I got you something yesterday but happened to leave it at my hotel room. I’ll take you back home, drive to the hotel & come back to your place.”

 

“It’s alright, Oppa.”

 

“It’s too valuable to leave it alone, honey.” He said, smiling.

 

She blushed lightly in the dark, “Why don’t you just give it to me tomorrow morning?”

 

“I’m leaving at five in the morning & I don’t want to wake you up that early.” He took a hold of her hands, “How about this? We’ll go back into town, take a cab & go to the hotel. It won’t waste too much time that way. Besides, it’s just half a mile walk to town.”

 

Tiffany raised a brow, “You love me that much?”

 

Jaejoong shook his head, “More than that, beautiful.” He kissed her forehead, “Come on. Let’s hurry before your parents get worry. They might think that I have kidnapped you.”

 

She laughed, walking alongside of him quickly, “You have kidnapped something of mine, Oppa, & it’s something most men can’t get.”

 

“I just love it when you talk like that.” He slipped his right arm around her waist, protecting her from the dark, “I wonder what little whining boat is doing right now. I feel so bad for hitting that poor man’s head with such a lucky rock.” Tiffany laughed. He looked down at her lovingly. Such a beautiful smile. Such a beautiful laugh & such a beautiful person.

 

Reaching town, they took a cab to the hotel. Jaejoong kept his mouth going on about the wedding while she listened & gave suggestions. Upon reaching his room, he opened the door & walked to the drawer, leaving her to shut the door with a laugh.

 

She walked up to him, looking around the room. He turned around with a blue topaz pendant necklace hanging on his fingers. He winked, “Let this be the engagement ring for a while.” Grinning, Tiffany nodded. She turned around as he prepared to put it around her neck. His arms circled around her. The necklace shined against the beam of the lights. She stared at the 5-pointed star pendant, her smile widening.

 

“It’s beautiful.”

 

“Less than you though.” He clasped the necklace, staring still at it. Tiffany held the star pendant against her finger, admiring it. At his silence, she turned around slowly, gazing up at him with a questionable face. She raised a brow.

 

“Thank you?”

 

Jaejoong chuckled, “Your welcome.” She smiled nervously, looking down at the necklace again. He reached out, tilting her chin upward. She stared at him with eyes wide opened, “Fany?”

 

Tiffany swallowed, “I think it’s time I head back home. My parents.”

 

Her words trailed off as his lips touched hers. Tiffany closed her eyes, feeling an uncalled panic of rush wanting him. She pushed herself towards him, circling her arms around his neck. Her stomach stirred again, as he placed his hands on her hips. The kiss moved from a gradual pace to a passionate & wanting pace. She groaned, kissing him back as he wanted her to. As his tongue entered , she jolted. Jaejoong pulled her closer, calming her body. He began to mold her body, groaning with want at the same time.

 

He then parted enough to whisper, “Will you miss me?” She nodded her head, “& enough to stay here with me tonight?” It was a moment before she nodded her head slowly, “Are you sure you won’t regret it again?”

 

She opened her eyes, “I have never regretted it the first time, Oppa.” She took in a deep breath, “Please just kiss me.”

 

“More is coming, darling.” Jaejoong whispered, “More is coming.” As he kissed her again, he picked her up & headed towards the bed.

 

Jaejoong opened his eyes as her soft hair brushed against his chest. A grinned spread across his face. He kissed her hair & took in a deep breath. Looking at the digital clock in the dark, he grimaced. It was past eleven at night but that wouldn’t matter to him now. However, her parents would probably be worried. He should have called.

 

Closing his eyes as he brushed her hair, Jaejoong laid his lips against her head. It was more than what he can describe for now. She was his angel. She was great & he wouldn’t mind if they did it again, but she needed her sleep. He grinned like silly in the dark. Maybe in another hour or so. Nothing can be more than what it is for now. The woman he loves was lying next to him, loving him back. How could he possibly go back to Seoul without her? He would miss her like hell! Taking her would be too much for her parents. The woman was all that he needs & to imagine getting marry to her within the next week or so.


Jaejoong grinned again. Stretching up & careful not to wake her, he reached for the phone & punched in the number. Waiting for someone to pick up, he kissed her once more before hearing her father’s voice on the other line.