Tiffany's Secret

Tiffany's Secret

Chapter 20

 

Her ear became alert. Her eyes flashed open. She lay still on the bed, staring straight up at the ceiling through the darkness. Without turning her head, her eyes circulated to the corner on alert of the cracking sound at the window. Another crack came, followed by a sound of thunder & then the strike of lightening.

 

Tiffany sighed & closed her eyes. Her hands slowly moved towards the pillow next to her head. She swallowed & slipped slowly under the blanket with the pillow moving along. As her feet touched the floor, Tiffany arched her body carefully. She blew the lock of hair out of her face, peered from behind the bedpost & quickly crawled on her knees & hands over to the other side of the drawer after seeing that the hit man was still working on opening the window.

 

She leaned her back against the wall, peering over the drawer. Her narrowed eyes scanned the room. She cursed. Her black explorer flap bag was halfway across the room where she had been earlier. Biting her lips in annoyance, she leaned back more as the burglar was finally able to jerk the window open! Whoever the man was, he was an expert. She was careful enough to place more pounds on the windowsill just not some weeks ago & now, she was already being robbed in his house? What excitement. How could he have gotten up to the third level of the house?

 

A man’s black boots entered the room, half-hanging on the windowsill. Water dipped unstoppably down the bolt of his heel. His other leg entered & followed by his whole body. Tiffany frowned. As he stood still, she studied his body. Skinny & average height was all she can tell by with his buffed clothes on. The facemask covered the back of his head. He seemed to look around the room first before approaching the bed slowly as if ready to cause homicide.

 

Tiffany took her chance than. She stretched her bared legs out, running towards the man as if upon a spring without touching the water. Right arm & hand straight out, she knocked the side of his head. He turned around & dodged as her fist was meant to aim towards his nose. Tiffany took a step back & circled around with her right leg halfway up in the air. Her feet met the side of his face, knocking him back onto the bed with a grunt. She leaned over quickly, grabbed his collar & pulled him up. He lashed his arms out, jerking her hold on him. Before she realized it, he grabbed her arm, reached his feet out & kicked her behind the knee, causing her to suddening kneel down onto the hard floor.

 

Tiffany abruptly looked behind her shoulders, up at him before he jerked her arm. Cursing, her left leg slid across the floor to his feet, causing him to stumble over clumsily. She took another chance. As he fell backwards, her hands clasped around his wrist. She supported herself by the feet & leaped up without making a sound. One hand on the man’s left wrist, Tiffany twisted it, turning her body at the same time. The man covered his groaned. Her feet instantly folded the back of his knees, causing him to kneel over this time. She lifted the man’s feet & crossed it over his other. Her bare foot was placed between the cross section, making him unable to move. One hand holding two of his wrist, Tiffany pinched her fingernails into his skin.

 

“Who the hell are you?!”

 

The man giggled, causing Tiffany to flinch in surprise, “You’re ready to kill me already?”

 

She growled, stepped back & yanked the man up onto his feet. Her hands reached out with frustration & pulled the mask off, “I would have, Yul.” Tiffany saw a smile across her plump lips as a lightening strike. Shaking her head in disapproval, she threw the mask back at Yuri, laughing “You better be careful, breaking into people’s house at night. I would have infected you into a deep sleep with my gun.”

 

“Uh, I don’t see any gun.”

 

Tiffany shook her head again. She walked over to the little desk & the lamp. Brushing her hair back, her eyes peered up at Yuri, “You could have just called me instead of breaking in. This isn’t my house, Yul.” Yuri shrugged & walked over to the bed as if in a world alone. As she was halfway down to meet the comfortable bed, she was pulled up unexpectedly. Her head averted sharply to meet those of her friend.

 

“You’re wet & this is my bed.”

 

Yuri pouted, shaking the rain off of her, “I’m sorry but after climbing that wall out there with rain falling on me is making me tired. Give a friend a break will you?” She followed Tiffany to the closet, waiting behind her for a new dry outfit to put on.

 

“What are you doing here in a rain storm? Have you ever heard of being struck by lightening?” Tiffany turned around & threw her a aqua easy cotton tyree shirt & white platinum denim pieced legging. She walked over to the bed, fixing the mattress, letting her friend do her own business.

 

“Well.” Yuri said, buttoning up the shirt, “I don’t know if you’ll like the news but I sure love it. While you were gone for a week, I went in search of Kyu Oppa. I…”

 

“You what?!” Tiffany exclaimed, averting sharply to meet Yuri as she pulled the pants on.

 

“I went to his club, pretending to be one of the es.” She shrugged as if it were nothing big, “Hey, it was worth it. Nothing happened to me, Ti.”

 

Tiffany threw her arms up in the air, exclaiming her frustration at her friend, “You could have been killed!” “You went to his club once & so did I. It’s nothing big.” She patted the pants & looked up. Her face became serious, “He has something to do with your sister, Ti.”

 

Her expression from a restrained frowned unwrinkled to a pale face. Her eyes slowly weakened. Tiffany parted her lips to speak but only to pause for five seconds, “What do you mean? I.” She closed her eyes briefly, “I know that he’s a drug dealer & a man that can’t be trusted, Yuri, but you’re making no sense. He couldn’t be in...involved in my sister’s death. The police said that she killed herself but I don’t believe them. Jae Oppa’s on my list but.” She bit her top lips.

 

Yuri swallowed, pressing a small smile to her lips, “She did kill herself, Ti. I’m sorry.” She took in a deep breath, “Jae Oppa was there. It was him that gave me the answer.” Yuri shrugged helplessly as Tiffany frowned depressingly, “It sound as if Jae Oppa knows what happened to Stephanie but I’m not quite sure. Kyu Oppa kept bringing up the subject of how.”

 

“How what, Yuri?” Tiffany waited for her respond but she stood still. A thunder clasped in the silence. Unable to retain her frustration of anger, she reached out & shook her shoulder, “God dammit, Yuri! Tell me.” “He...I don’t know, Ti. Stephanie goes there every Friday. He made it sounded as if she was his own e.”

 

Her arms dropped down. Tiffany closed her eyes & turned around. She brought her hands up to cover , fighting the urge to cry out. How could this be true? How could Jaejoong have been corrected? Stephanie had been cheating just as he had told her the first week she had been here but how? All the time they have been together as twins, Stephanie had never done anything wrong. It was always her that had caused the trouble & Stephanie was the one who always take the blame. She would have never done such a thing. Cheating on her husband? No, it couldn’t be.

 

Tiffany shook her head, not yet ready to believe what she was hearing, “Why are you lying to me, Yuri?”

 

“Ti.” She whispered lightly, “I would love to have done that. I don’t want to hurt you with the words that I had heard but I want to help you. I don’t believe Jae Oppa had told you about your sister’s relationship with anyone yet, have he?”

 

She managed a jerkily nod, “Jae Oppa said he wasn’t the one that cheated on Stephanie. She was the one who cheated on him but I didn’t believe him. I couldn’t. How could my lovely sister do that, Yul? She was the sweetest person on earth that I had ever met. She would never do anything like that. She doesn’t have the heart to. I don’t believe it. I don’t.”

 

Her body flinched as a hand touched her shoulder lovingly, “I’m really sorry, Ti. I didn’t mean to make you feel like this.” She paused, “But Jae Oppa didn’t go there because of Stephanie. It was you he was concerned about. He’s trying to protect you from Kyu Oppa & from doing so, he almost got himself killed. Maybe I’m making you feel worst on this subject but I know he cares about you. Your sister’s death can’t put something in between that of what you want, Ti. I know she wants what’s best for you.”

 

Tiffany shook her head, “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Yul. Jae Oppa & I have nothing to be worry about. I’m just here to find my sister’s...I’m here to find out why she killed herself & nothing can stop me.”

 

Yuri grimaced. She’ll let the matter drop just for Tiffany’s sake, “I know. Since the rain had stopped, I’ll be going now. Take good care of yourself. Thanks for the clothes.” Yuri walked over to her wet clothes & picked them up in an armful. She opened the window after a few difficulties & dropped the clothes. Just as she was about to swing her leg out of the window, a hand stopped her. She looked over her shoulder.

 

“How are you keeping up with Yun? I saw him with another woman just before going to bed.” Tiffany raised a brow as Yuri’s face went paled, “How long has it been?”

 

“It was just a week after we got together that it was over.”

 

Her immense eyes widened in shock, “But you were just in this house when I was locked in the library. You were at Jae Oppa’s wedding.”

 

A small, melancholy smile appeared on her face, “You know how I’m, Ti. I fall in love with every man when it’s only a job.” She tried to cover herself up with a laugh, “I followed him everywhere, unable to control myself. He’s nothing but the same as every other guy I had dated but somehow, I’m attracted to him. Yes, I know I’m silly. Don’t worry about me. I’ll get over him soon enough just like the others.”

 

Tiffany clasped her hands over Yuri’s as she was about to climb over the windowsill, “I’m so sorry, Yul. I didn’t mean to do this to you again.”

 

“I know. You have to be careful now, Ti. Now that you know about our breakup, I’m not going to stalk him around like I had been doing for the past few weeks to keep him away from you.”

 

A grimace thinned her lips, “Thank you, Yul. I owe you one big time.”

 

One downhearted smile on her face, Yuri swung her legs over the windowsill & disappeared. Tiffany sighed & closed the window as a cold wind swept in. The lace curtains fell towards the middle as she glanced at herself from the reflecting glass. She pressed her lips together, walked deadly over to lamp & turned it off. Her feet led her to the bed in the darkness. As she got under the cover comfortably, her eyes closed, ready for sleep to fall over her but it didn’t.

 

He cared about her? She shook her head. It was impossible. He was a man who could cared less about anything that goes on in others life. Why would he want to protect her from Kyuhyun when he himself was physically holding her hard? Tiffany felt her wrist. She had thought the prints would go away an hour later when he had held it in his hand but they didn’t.

 

Why would knowing that he cared about her make any difference about finding her sister’s true reason? She wasn’t here to find love nor was she here to make love with a man. Her lungs tightened but she did, had she not? It was one she had never experienced & one that she will never experience again. It was hard enough for her to feel ashamed & to keep it unknown to her parents. How could she care for a person who had made her twin’s life miserable? & why would she want to when all he see in her is Stephanie?

 

“Looking good, sweetheart.” Yunho whistled, walking down the stairs beside her, “Say, I saw you yesterday but didn’t have a chance to talk to you. How are you?”

 

Tiffany gave him a glance at the corner of her eyes & continued walking down the stairs, ignoring him completely. Sleep wasn’t her friend last night & mood wasn’t her friend this morning either. She felt tired, dead & to walk half a mile to the bus stop this morning, she was sure she’d collapse. Her father had gone out early in the morning to go visit Stephanie’s grave, taking her only ride with Changmin.

 

“Need a ride? I just found out yesterday that you work for my brother.” Yunho poked out again. Walking in a faster pace, Tiffany waved him away. As she was about to take the last stepped down the stairs, he grabbed her wrist. She turned her head sharply to glare at him. He raised a mockery eyebrow, “How about lunch this afternoon? I’ll come & pick you up.”

 

She yanked her wrist back to her side, “No thanks. I have a ride & I already have lunch reserved with another. It’ll be more of a good morning if you leave me alone.” She turned back around & continued into the living room with him following from behind.

 

“How about tonight with me then?”

 

Tiffany stopped in her tracks. Gritting her teeth in mere frustration, then swallowing, she swung around, pointing her index finger at his chest, “How about just leaving me alone? I’m not in the mood, Yun.” She gritted her teeth harder together as he smiled. As usual, her fist was balled up at the side.

 

“What’s going on in here?”

 

Her head turned piercingly, eyes narrowing at the grandma. Bong Cha was behind the wheelchair, shaking her head with a pouting attitude. Tiffany inhaled deeply through her nose & continued walking towards the front door, not wanting anyone to disturb more of her unexcited mood.

 

“I believe my grandma just asked you a question.”

 

Stopping in her tracks, Tiffany pressed her dark red lips together in anger. Her outside trembled as she tried to calm herself down & she had thought that he had gone ahead.

 

“Are you going to answer or not?”

 

She jerked her head upward, seeing him descending down the stairs. Her heart throbbed against her chest, making it difficult for her to breath. He looked too handsome to looked at. She cursed at herself. He had always looked handsome. She cursed herself again.

 

“Well?” Jaejoong reached the last step & walked forward. Tiffany tilted her chin up as he reached & stopped before her. She can feel his breath against her chin & neck. Though he was several inches taller than she was, she believed to look down on him, “I’m not going to ask you again, Fany. Nobody ignores my grandma when I’m around. Are you deaf now?”

 

“Jaejoong, it’s alright. I was asking Yunho.” Mrs. Kim spoke up.

 

Tiffany’s lips twitched in annoyance! “I remember being told that I don’t have to answer question asked in this house. You are going back on your words again, Mr. Kim.”

 

His eyebrows met halfway to the middle, “Yes, I am. So now, Miss Hwang, answer my grandma.”

 

“Don’t be so hard on the lady, Jae. I know you were never gentle with them but let me take care of it.” Yunho spoke up, walking over. Jaejoong spared him a small glance & then looked back at Tiffany with a deadly glare, “Save it for later, Yun, you were the one that caused this problem. Grandma needs her breakfast. Please wheel her to the kitchen.”

 

“Whatever.” He grunted, walked over & placed a good morning kiss on Mrs. Jung’s forehead.

 

As soon as he was sure they were gone, Jaejoong jerked Tiffany’s chin upward. She grunt & slapped his hand away. He growled, “You will follow my orders in my house, Fany! Even if your father is here, don’t think that I won’t do what I have to do! Follow or out!”

 

Tiffany raised a challenging brow, “If you have the nerve to kick my father & I out of your house right now, do so. It’s not as if we’re homeless.”

 

He hissed, breathing down her face, “You’re very smart for a woman but too smart to argue with me! I don’t know why you’re still here but I’ll find out soon enough! You have already gotten the folder & your dad back, Fany! What else are you waiting for to get?!”

 

“If you are smart, you would have figured it out long ago. For now, I’m staying because of my job.”

 

“Bull!” Jaejoong snapped, leaning in closer, “You’re just using that as an excuses to stay here & convince your father that you have something important to do here. Well, maybe I’m just a little too smart for that after all.” He paused, “The next time when my grandma asked a question, you will answer. Whether I’m there or not. Stephanie knows her respect but I’m guessing you’re the one who disobey them.”

 

Her pulse quickened at his hurtful words, “Say what you want, Jae Oppa, but if you hate me, just say it.”

 

A small muscle jerked at his jaw, “I really wish I hate you but good news, Fany, I don’t. You’re in luck this time.”

 

Tiffany shook her head slowly, staring at him solidly in the eyes, “You’re the one who’s in luck.” She grunted, walking past him.

 

“& where do you think you’re going?”

 

She ignored his question & continued walking faster. Blast him if he thinks she was running away from the argument. She wasn’t a woman to give up that quickly.

 

“I asked you a question.” He spun her around, causing her to bump into his chest with a small gasps, “& you will answer.”

 

“The hell with you! Why don’t you just rot?” Her next words stuttered into his mouth. His left arm circled around her slender waist & his other arm held her head forward. His kiss was brutally uninvited. Her front teeth clashed against his as he increased the speed of the kissed. She grunted & her eyes opened wide as he pushed her womanhood towards him. Arms trapped in between, Tiffany tried to push her way out, knowing fully well that she couldn’t resist him any longer if he was to continue the kiss. She kicked her feet at his skinny, long leg, causing him to grunt in anger. It didn’t help but to make him kiss her severely.

 

Then he slowed down. Still kissing her, Jaejoong opened his eyes halfway, gazing deeply into those eyes of hers. He frowned then pulled back abruptly, breathing fast. Tiffany wiped violently, withering at him from the inside. His head dropped down as he stared at his black captoe blucher shoes.

 

“I’m not going to apologize. I miss her, Fany, & I’ll admit that I’m using you as her model.”