Tiffany's Secret

Tiffany's Secret

Chapter 38

 

Her eyes fixed closely onto the dark ground as two flashlights shined from behind her. Her pace was slow with the rope tied firmly around her ankle nor did they rush her. It was just a matter of time before they would be one mile away from the old house. Their words were silent while their feet rustled on twigs & dried leaves. Her legs were already worked out from the walk to run back to the house. She needed something to cut the rope losse around her ankle & wrist.

 

“It would be best if you kill me here.” She spoke out, hearing Yoona’s huff.

 

“Keep moving.”

 

She inhaled slowly at the tone of the voice. Funny how she thought she had once loved him. It wasn’t a shock when she saw him entering the room with Yoona’s pistol at her temple. Nor was it shocking when he knocked her best friend out but it broke her heart again, when his eyes didn’t recognize her.

 

“Are you part of this situation, Yunnie Oppa?”

 

She can see his brows furrowing together, “The name’s Yunho to you, woman.”

 

“Don’t you usually flirt with beautiful women?”

 

The tip of a pistol harshly jabbed at her back, “I think you should shut up or I would really kill you right here & now!” Yoona brushed the gun with the sleeve of her black parka coat, checking the number of bullets once more.

 

Her eyes sharpened & looked forward as Yunho shined his flashlight three yards straight. A piece of glass glinted. Her heart leaped. Yuri slowed down. Smiling as if not giving a care, she turned her head to the side, looking at Yoona from the corner of her eyes & then turned back, “You don’t remember me, do you, Oppa?” “Never seen you before.” He replied, irritated.

 

Her lips thinned, “Planning to kill your brother is the worst crime when he hadn’t even done anything wrong, Oppa. The woman beside you is the betrayer. I…”

 

She fell down as Yoona jabbed the gun into her small muscle at the back of her neck. It winded an unconscious nerve throughout her body. She blinked several times & tightened her muscle, trying not to collapse. Looking up midway, Yuri sluggishly reached for the piece of broken glass bottle. She tucked the piece into the palm of her hand, careful not to cut herself.

 

A click of the pistol was heard, “Get up!” Yoona commanded, motioning the gun. Yuri took in a deep breath. Bring her feet up to support her as she tried to stand up, she sliced the sharp edges of the glass through the rope five times quickly until it loosened. The edges pierced through her palm, “I said get up.”

 

Yuri smiled lightly. She stood up & continued walking, “What kind of relationship did you have with your brother’s wife?” She asked the man behind her, while trying to cut off the rope around her wrist.

 

“Nothing.” He replied slowly in a rough tone, taking a look at Yoona, “What do you know about me?”

 

“A lot. I know you had a relationship with someone you shouldn’t have. I know you almost destroy one of your brother’s company, betraying him. I know you have a reputation with women, one in each arm every night at a particular nightclub & I know that you once dated a woman named Rinnie & more, I know that this woman beside you is just using you to kill Tiffany. It’s not worth it, Oppa.”

 

The rope dropped onto the ground as Yoona brought the pistol up again, pointing it at Yuri’s head. A smile crossed the victim’s face. She grabbed a nearby branch, ducked away & let it go. A heavy drop pounded once on the ground, indicating the pistol. Yuri lurched for it as Yoona did also. The tip of her finger felt for the gun. She pulled away quickly & on the ground with the pistol in her hands, a smile slid across her face beautifully, “Move & I’ll shoot.”

 

Yoona flinched, her breathing heave, “You’re not the only one who has the gun.”

 

“True.” Yuri stood up slowly, leaving Yoona on the ground. She backed up, the pistol still pointing at the woman on the ground & her eyes shifting back & forth between the two, “But I can still shoot.”

 

“How sure are you? You don’t even know how many bullets there are in that pistol.”

 

A corner at tilted up as she arched an eyebrow, “I’m more than sure. This belongs to Tiffany, not you. She doesn’t fully load it. Three in eight only, Yoon.” She smiled in the dark, taking a mere glance at Yunho. He could have taken the chance & shot her earlier when she had leaped for the gun. It could have been a clear hit. Her eyes flinched back to Yoona as the woman quickly reached for the flashlight at her far side. She pulled the trigger, shooting the light out & shocking Yoona, “That wasn’t a wise choice.”

 

The whole light available went off in the dark woods as a click was heard. Both turned to gaze at Yunho, eyes only searching. He swallowed, “Go back to the house, Yoon. He had arrived.” His eyes were on the dark, shadowed body across from his.

 

“You can take care of her?”

 

“Just go.” Yunho said roughly, throwing the flashlight & pistol onto the ground. The leaves shuffled together as Yoona grabbed a hold of them & stood up quickly.

 

Though she can eventually see the dark movement of her s-line shaped body, there was only one bullet left. He was up to something & she wasn’t about to waste it. The shuffling of the leaves & her easy breathing ran away from her ear as Yoona disappeared. Gritting her teeth together, she aimed the pistol at his dark body, “Who were you talking about?”

 

“You should know.”

 

His obnoxious voice ear, “How do you know it’s him?” He chuckled, “Tell me, dammit!”

 

“Chill down, woman. I know because I was the one who called him.”

 

She narrowed her eyes at him. He was up to something. It has to be a trick, “Why would you? You’re in this situation, too.”

 

“Of course I am.” He paused, “Please put the pistol down. I don’t trust you as you don’t me.”

 

Her body grew hot. Taking in a deep breath, Yuri lowered the pistol to her side.

 

“That’s better.” He brought a smile to his face, “I was listening at the doors while Yoon had the pistol pointed to your head. I heard every single word.”

 

“& what did they say that changed your mind?”

 

“I’m not an emotional person but I know that I was wrong.” He inhaled deeply, “You better hurry.” The leaves rustled as he turned around. She stepped forward but stopped as he spoke up again, “I remember you now. Your name is Rinnie, right? Why do they call you Yuri?”

 

Goosebumps tickled its way up her arm. She opened to speak but paused midway. Swallowing, she responded, “I know a girl name Rinnie but I’m not her. You must have gotten us mixed up. I’m Yuri.”

 

“Oh.” He turned to look at her, “I’m sorry about what happened. I don’t know how you know about those things about me but some parts of it aren’t true. I never did have a relationship with Stephanie, though she had always looked irresistible. It was just jealousy that made me boast.” He snorted softly, “You better hurry now.” He walked on ahead. As if stuck on the spot, she shook herself & grabbed his right shoulder.

 

“I don’t know this forest like the back of my head alright. You better help me find my way back to that house. If you want to pay the respect you had lost to your brother, I suggest you come along, Oppa.”

 

He scoffed & looked down at her. In the dark, as dawn began to rise, her eyes glinted softly. He grimaced, “I have an extra pistol left.”

 

He raised his fist, punching Kyuhyun on the jaw. That wasn’t enough satisfaction. He brought his knee up & jabbed the man’s stomach. A grunt followed by a loud groan was heard. Another punch then he pushed him away, making sure he was unconscious for the minute. His eyes shifted sharply to her sitting on the bed, he let out a huge breath. His eyes glimmered, seeing her terrified to death for the first time.

 

“What are you doing here?” She asked, voice shaking.

 

He narrowed his eyes at her, “Well, isn’t it obvious?” As a ray of orange light flickered, he turned towards the window. A soft curse came out between his lips as the room began to light up with fire. The curtains flared up in a rush. She probably doesn’t even noticed that the room was going up in flames. Looking back at her, he stretched his hand out. Tiffany stare at it, swallowing “Come on.” He hustled her. She reached out, the bedspread covering her half- body. As her fingertips touched his, he was jerked away abruptly.

 

His body slammed against the wall. He hissed, opening his eyes just as a punch landed on his jaw. A short grunt escaped him as Kyuhyun kneed his stomach.

 

“You shouldn’t have interrupted the party, Jaejoong.” Kyuhyun punched his stomach, “She could have died like her sister.” He brought his fist down on him again. Jaejoong caught his fist on the second hit. Growling, he brought his knuckles & knee onto him. He turned around, sending him against the wall. Kyuhyun chuckled, having the nerves.

 

“What the did you do to her?!” Jaejoong hissed in a mere whisper, grasping the man’s neck collar.

 

Kyuhyun peered up, a sly smile on his face, “The same as I was about to do to Tiffany. What else?”

 

His brow sunk in anger. Gritting his teeth, Jaejoong punched the smirk off his face. The smell of fire reached his nose. He growled, punching Kyuhyun. Just as he was about to throw another punch, his clenched fist came to a stop at midair. He turned around, seeing her gripping onto the bedspread & coughing with her head down. His heart lurched forward as the fire caught onto the end of the bed cover.

 

“Tiffany. Get out of here.” Jaejoong cursed, as she continued to cough. Letting go of Kyuhyun, he ran over to her, cupping her chin into the palm of his hands. She took a glance at him & then closed her eyes tightly together from the burning pain, “You’re going to be alright. Just hang on. I’ll get you out of here.” He tucked his arms under the pit of her knees & the other behind her back. With all of his strength left, he lifted her into his arm. Her flower manicure nails pinched into his chest as her coughing heaved. He can feel her losing breath as he began to lose his.

 

Walking out of the room, Jaejoong turned right towards the stairs. He wiped the sweat off his forehead with his shoulder. From out of nowhere, a shot was fired. He paused then felt the sharp pain running through his left shoulder from the back. He stood still, breathing hard & looked down at the side of her face. She looked up, eyes glinted & breathless. He smiled lightly & looked up as a figure ran up from the stairs.

 

“Who was shot?”

 

“Take her.” Jaejoong shoved her fragile body into Changmin’s arms, “Call the ambulance. She’s having trouble breathing. Don’t leave her sight.” Looking back at her with a slight smile on, he winked, “I’ll see you in a while. I promise & don’t you dare do anything stupid!” He lifted her fingers which was gripping onto his green short sleeve supima interlock polo shirt, “Go.” No strength from her, no struggle from her, he closed his eyes briefly as Changmin carried her away.

 

His body flinched as the sharp tip of a pistol jabbed into the hollow of the shot he had received earlier. Kyuhyun hissed against his ear, ing the pistol deeper, “I still remember her screams when I her, Jaejoong! It filled my ears like music & to hear Tiffany scream just like her, everything in me aroused!”

 

Jaejoong snarled, sending his elbow back to knock Kyuhyun off of him. He turned around, kicking him fully on the stomach. His fist slashed across the man’s face. Kyuhyun managed to punch Jaejoong hard enough to send him back against the wooden rail. He leaned over him, breathing hard.

 

“Go to hell!”

 

Jaejoong’s eyes widened as he turned his head to the side as the bolt of the pistol came down. He quickly caught Kyuhyun’s hand along with the pistol & tried to balance his weight against the wobbling rail. His eyes shifted as the barrier began to loosen from the expanding fire. Jaejoong inhaled with a hiss, the promising running in his head. With a small grunt, he turned, changing position with Kyuhyun. His thumb nudged into the vein of his foe’s wrist, loosening the gun. Jaejoong pulled away then as the sound of the breaking rail reached his ears. As he jerked his wrist with control of the gun, Kyuhyun grabbed onto his brown vip vintage leather open bottom jacket, pulling him along.

 

The fall downward happened in a flash as both landed on their sides. Jaejoong snarled at the pain, the bullet on his shoulder digging deeper. He brought the pistol up, knocking Kyuhyun halfway to unconsciousness. Gun between both bodies with each trying to get control of the pistol, Kyuhyun smiled, jerking the tip of the gun Jaejoong’s way.

 

“Say hello to Stephanie for me, will you?”

 

Jaejoong clenched his jaw, slipping the tip of his finger behind the trigger as Kyuhyun began to pull it, “You won’t be meeting her in hell!” He yanked the gun back, turned it under & set his finger lose. The sound of the bullet released, followed by a deadly silence. The man looked down at the gun pointed to his chest. Blood spilled out controllably. As he looked up, his face turning paled. His breathing came to a final stop with eyes still halfway open.

 

Jaejoong took in a deep breath & looked up as the rest of the barrier began to loosen from the fire. He cursed. Just as he started to stand up, two gunshot was fired from outside at the same time, followed by another one. She took in the fresh air as the opening of the forest came to her site. Changmin slowly set her down on the wet ground, reaching for his samsung galaxy s5 cell phone. Holding the bedcover to her neck, Tiffany got onto her knees & leaned forward. She swallowed, closing her eyes.

 

“You’re going to be alright.” Changmin assured, patting her back.

 

Tiffany looked up as she regained her breathing back. Tears came to her red eyes as she stared at the burning house. That gun shot. She had heard it & as the bullet had hit his shoulder, she could felt the vibration. His eyes, his promise & his protection. How could she have done nothing? Narrowing her brows in frustration, she quickly got onto her feet.

 

“Tiffany, wait. You can’t go inside.”

 

She yanked her wrist away from his hold, dropping the bedcover, “This isn’t supposed to happen.” The thin, shred shirt glued onto her skin as a slight wind blew by. Tiffany took five small, quick stepped towards the falling house but came to a short stop. She turned abruptly to the side, feeling the woman’s presence not eight yards away. Gun in her hand, Yoona raised her arm & aimed at Tiffany as the daylights were beginning to shine from behind her.

 

“Say good night.”

 

Yoona pulled the trigger, feeling the shot running through her own body as she flinched from the pain. Her glossy light pink lips parted. She stood still, shaking & grunt again, as another bullet pierced through the back of her heart. Her eyes witnessed the blood coming out from Tiffany’s chest. Slowly, she turned around as her body began to tremble. Yunho held the gun in his hand, walking up from a distance with Yuri from behind. Yoona closed her eyes, dropping onto the ground.

 

Tiffany trembled. She touched the red stain coming out from her chest. She closed her eyes briefly, feeling unconscious hitting throughout her body. Her hands trembled slightly as she examined her own blood. It wasn’t too early anyway. Her knees went weak. She began to fall forward just as an arm slipped out to laid her back against a hard chest. A strong hand slipped between her fingers.

 

Swallowing hard, Tiffany opened her eyes.

 

Jaejoong gazed down at her, brows furrowed as tears came to his eyes, “I told you not to do anything stupid, didn’t I?!” He whispered, pressing one of his hand against the bleeding, “Why do you still have to be so stubborn?” Tiffany shook her head, attempting to stand up. He pressed her back down, accidentally jabbing her wound. She groaned, elbowing his chest, “Oh, god. I didn’t mean to do that. I’m so sorry.”

 

Tiffany peered up at him with one eye closed. Feeling her strength loosening, she grabbed tightly onto his jacket, “I...I would like to thank you, Oppa.”

 

He frowned, “What do you mean?”

 

“You know exactly what I mean.” She whispered, closing her left eye, “You protected me. You saved me. I can’t thank you enough.”

 

He shook his head, cupping her chin into the palm of his hand, “Open your eyes, Fany. Come on. I can hear the sirens. The ambulance is coming.” She opened her eyes halfway, her grip on his jacket loosening, “You’re going to make it. You can’t die on me. If you want to thank me, stay awake. Don’t you dare do this to me.”

 

“You’re making it worst, Oppa. I have been shot more than once & I know I can’t survive this one.” She gulped, “Besides, my life have been chosen to end a long time ago.”

 

Jaejoong squeezed his eyes close, hugging her to his chest. She started to breathe hard, gasping for air. He turned his face to the side, lips touching her cheeks, “Say that you love me.” She let out a small grunt. A small tear slid down his eye onto his cheek. He shifted a little, lips touching hers. Supporting the back of her head, he kissed her smoothly. She squeezed her eyes tightly, groaning, taking in his air. His warm hand soothed her . She pressed her body closer to his as best as she could for warmth. He fastened the kiss, little by little, keeping it aroused. Parting slightly with a crying soul, he whispered huskily, “Do you love me?”

 

She pulled back a bit, staring up into his eyes through half opened ones, “I.” Her breathing heaved, suddenly gasping for air again, “Can’t. I.”


She arched her body in pain, throwing her head back, breathing in the air & aching.