Tiffany's Secret

Tiffany's Secret

Chapter 4

 

“Where are you going, honey?”

 

Tiffany placed her hold on the door handle & turned around to face her mother, “I just need some air before going back to the house, mom. Changmin will take you home.”

 

Mrs. Hwang unwillingly grimaced, “Are you sure you’re alright?” Her brows arched in concern, “Stephanie’s death is harsh, honey. You can talk to me if…”

 

“Mom.” Tiffany interrupted, her voice quite impatient. She smiled thinly & cleared her dry throat, “I’m sorry.” She hesitated, “I...I just need some time to myself.” Her eyes closed in desperation. When she opened them back up, her mother stared back at her without one look of difference. Reaching out to hold her hands, Tiffany tried her best to smile, “I’ll be back at the house soon. I don’t want to leave you alone with strangers at his house but...I’ll see you soon, mom.”

 

Tiffany averted, opened the car door & stepped out quickly. She walked towards the front of the car & while passing it, she gave a nod towards Changmin. Her heels stepped onto the sidewalk as she listened to the car driving off. Turning sharply but easily, her feet led her around the corner. She stopped in front of a club & shook her head. A breeze of wind blew past her. She stare as the people walking about her, caring about nothing that was going on around them. Bringing her arm up, she took the pink pen from her jacket.

 

“What’s up, y?”

 

Tiffany turned her head, smiled & winked as the stranger glanced long & soft at her. She took out a piece of Spearmint, chewed on it & spit it out onto the sidewalk. Bending down, her thumb soothed the gum tightly upon the cement. With the pen, she made her mark.

 

One last secret touch, Tiffany flipped her samsung galaxy note cell phone open & dialed the needed number, “Yul, 358 Main St. on the spot.”

 

“Hold on. Alright. Securities at the door.”

 

“Inside?”

 

“Affirm, plus the back entrance.”

 

“Just great. Who’s the owner?”

 

“Cho Kyuhyun, owner of three nightclub in Seoul & very handsome, too. Want me to send you the picture? Topless.”

 

“Last information not needed.” Tiffany marked, smiling “He’s in there but I don’t understand why.” Her smile disappeared & a thin line formed at her light pink lips.

 

“Jae Oppa?”

 

“Yes. I need your help.”

 

“Anything. Just name it.”

 

“I need you here next week. Yunho Kim, his brother. The man needs a real woman like you. Give him the best company you can.”

 

A chuckle answered her, “Sure, no problem. I can handle him.”

 

“Thanks. I’m going in from the front entrance.”

 

“I know you can get easily pass the guards, Ti, but he might see you.”

 

A sly smile appeared on her lips, “Then I’ll just have to give him a big surprise, don’t you think?”

 

“Just be careful.”

 

“I know my disguise, Yul.” Tiffany took a quick glance at her fossil cecile multifunction stainless steel watch, “I’d waited too long.”

 

This was only thanks to Yuri, her best friend & assistant who had mostly supplied all the money to everything they had come across for years. Her father was a rich businessman & to go against his will of running the business in later years, Yuri had decided to spend every bit of money in his precious bank unknowingly. She was a computer freak, not a businesswoman. To make a bargain with her, Tiffany had agreed to make her the vice president of Kim’s Comp. Enterprise when she gain it all back.

 

Flipping the cell close, her eyes lifted up to gaze at the building. It was a long time before night reaches them. There had to be a reason why he didn’t head for the house where people were waiting for him. If he loved Stephanie as he had said, it shouldn’t be too difficult to stop going to a club on the day of her funeral.

 

Her brows met in the middle. Angling her head to a fifty degree angle, the corner of her eyes sharply gazed at the familiar car. She took in a huge breath & let it out ever so easily. It’ll be so nice to read his files.

 

“You’re wasting your time, Tiffany.” She murmured, under her breath hopelessly. She had been standing glued on the spot for more than her time needed. Her feet picked themselves up & walked forward. She opened the door only to find two huge guards. Her lips turned upward into a sly smile, “Good morning gentlemen.”

 

Each grunted & took one step on advance, “It’s not open yet, lady. Can you not read the sign on the door?” The moodier of the both said.

 

“I can read.” Tiffany assured them, nodding her head & then flipped her hair back, “But I’m not here to party yet.”

 

They took another step up & the space between them minus each other, “Badge first before advancing any further.”

 

“Whoa.” She held both of her hands up, “I’m not a cop. I may dress like one but I’m here for a job.” She winked, “I heard your boss is handsome.” They grunt & reached for her as to throw her out, “Hey, if you don’t want any trouble with your boss, better let me in.”

 

She raised her brows, challenging them. With one look at each other, they grunted again, “Go straight, turn left, up the stairs, turn left again, & he’ll be in the first room on the right.” The one talking gave her a glare, “Better go the right way, lady, & if you have any funny planned, I’ll see to you myself.” He took a small glance at her pocketbook.

 

“You worry too much, big boy. It’s just some protection. You should know.” She patted him on the chest & winked, throwing her pocketbook over her shoulders, “I’ll see you on my way out.” They stepped away, letting her through & as she did, Tiffany rolled her eyes, “Idiots!” She whispered, following the direction the man had told her. She threw a glance over her shoulder; their eyes were still on her. Her pace slowed down. She glanced at them again. Good, they have company with another.

 

She walked quickly over to a huge pole where a table was set & sat down. The place was empty. Good luck was on her side since she didn’t have to search for him. Jaejoong walked down from the stairs, his face the normal tone. Tiffany pulled herself back, averted & stared at him from another direction.

 

“Oppa, please wait for me.”

 

Somehow, her ears twitched at the sound of the woman’s voice. Before she began to frown, her eyes caught the woman’s back. Her hair was to her shoulder with the bottoms dye pink & the back of her body possesses strengths of attracting men. As she turned to her side, grabbing Jaejoong’s arm, her ravishing brown, almond-shaped eyes shined with tears, “What are you doing here, Yoona?” His eyes searched her rectangular shaped face, “You never come to this kind of place.”

 

“I...I wanted to know if Kyuhyun knows anything about Stephanie’s death. You told me that she cheated on you with him. He might…”

 

“Dammit, Yoona!” He softly cursed, holding her by the shoulder, “I don’t want you to come here anymore. Do you hear me? You’ll never know what he’ll do.” He wiped a tear off her cheek as she kept nodding her head, “How did you get in?”

 

“I tricked the guards.” She said, managing a wobbly smile.

 

“That’s every smart but at the same time, it isn’t. Come on, I need to get back to the house. I’ll take you home.” She shook her head, “Can I go with you since I didn’t attend the funeral? I know Stephanie & I had never gotten along fine but I really want to wish her in peace.”

 

“Alright.” Jaejoong said, hesitating “You can come along.”

 

“Thank you.” She whispered with despondency, tugging on his hand as they walked out, passing the guards. Her eyes narrowed at the closed door, Tiffany turned around. Her lips went dried & her face was unlike any other days, she took out her cell phone, “Yul, I change my mind. Be here by tomorrow.” Closing it, she took a huge, deep breath & let it out shakily, “Damn you!” She closed her eyes, controlling the boiling oil inside of her. If it spills, she wasn’t sure if she can keep in half of it. Her eyes flashed open, feeling a close breathing on her neck.

 

“A job, huh?”

 

“Your boss found me too y. Where’s your friend?”

 

“He needed to take a piss.”

 

Smirking with a grunt, Tiffany kicked her feet back, hitting the guard on the chin & did a flip. She averted sharply, her hair flying around her face & took out a gun from her pocketbook. She waited until he shook his attention back & then pointed the gun at his face, “Your choice.”

 

“!” With a red faced, he wiped the blood off his chin that her heels had cut him with, “You’re going to pay for that.”

 

“& you’ll regret saying that. Goodnight.” She pointed the gun at his chest & pulled the trigger. No loud shot came out. Her head tilted to the side, “A sleep shot.” Throwing the gun back into its place, she stepped over the body & walked out. She placed her shades on just as Changmin drove up.

 

“Your mother’s worry sick about you. Wouldn’t stop talking as I drove her back to that house.”

 

“I know.” Tiffany remarked, wiping the blood off from her heels.

 

Changmin took a small glance at her from the rear view mirror, “You sound careless, boss.” He cleared his throat as she threw him a look, “She’s your mother & she knows that you’re having trouble. Just talk to her. You haven’t done that for years since…”

 

“Shut up, Changmin! It’s none of your business. Keep your eyes on the road.”

 

She threw the napkin into her pocketbook & leaned back tiredly. He just had to bring it up again. Her relationship with her mother had been breaking up since three years ago. She sighed heavily. She had tried her best to resettle the relationship but each time she did, the job on the line always pull her away.

 

“Boss, we’re here.”

 

Tiffany opened her eyes & looked out of the window. People were everywhere. The day was going to be long. Opening the door, she stepped out, “Changmin.”

 

“Yes, boss.”

 

“Don’t call me that again. I don’t pay you.” With a heavy heart, Tiffany slammed the door lightly & walked down the paved driveway. Slats of sands cracked underneath her heels. She gave little glances at people, not caring of how they were looking at her.

 

When she was halfway up the driveway, Tiffany slowed down to a stop. She turned her head, seeing Jaejoong closing the door to a cab. By the outline of the shaped, short shoulder-length hair from inside, it was clearly seen to be Yoona. Anger stamped on her. The woman was already humiliated. Of course, why wouldn’t she? “Yoona.” Tiffany whispered, under her breath, making her way towards them. There wasn’t going to be a losing chance that she was going to let the woman not see the twin sister of Stephanie Kim but Tiffany slowed to a stop as the cab started to make its move. Not being successful, she murmured a curse.

 

Eight feet away from her, Jaejoong grimaced & walked away. Tiffany followed him, keeping the noise of her heels soft. He entered the house full of people, walked up the stairs while nodding greetings & walked down the dark hall. She kept her distance of thirteen feet. Then he entered a room; the entrance of an ancient Greek renaissance designed double doors. She continued & stopped in front of it. A moment passed as she stood there & gazed at the door, not knowing why she had particularly stopped & not walk straight in.

 

Taking a full, deep & confidence breath, her hands grabbed the knob. Tiffany turned it & opened the door. She met the silence of the library. Jaejoong had his back towards her behind his desk, skipping through the pages of a book.

 

“If she’s looking for me, tell her I have a headache, Hyo.”

 

“It’s really nice to hear another lie.” Jaejoong stopped his movements. Tiffany narrowed her eyes at his back, walking forward, “Is ‘She’ me?”

 

He turned around, looking tired, “What are you doing in here, Fany?”

 

“Yoona. A lovely name indeed, Oppa.”

 

“Fany.”

 

“Please save me the lecture.” She brushed her hair back with her fingers, “I’d been through relationships to know when a guy is cheating on his girlfriend but you, Oppa, went over the board.”

 

“Have you never heard of a man having a woman as a friend?” He asked, not sarcastically, “Yoona & I had known each other since we were children, only separated when we went off to college.” He paused, “I don’t want to talk about this, Fany. Hannie didn’t understand; you won’t understand it.”

 

“That’s exactly how you treated her, huh?” He opened his mouth to say something but she finished her words off, “The first thing you could had told me was that Stephanie was pregnant. Killing Stephanie wasn’t enough, was it? She was pregnant, Oppa. You killed your own baby & wife.” Her face turned as he closed his eyes. She controlled her breathing, biting her lips together.

 

“Stephanie didn’t tell you.” He said, not questioning.

 

“No, she didn’t & at the same time, I’m wondering why she didn’t.”

 

“I don’t know.” Jaejoong whispered.

 

“What do you mean you don’t know? She lived in this house. You were with her.”

 

He held one of his hands up. With the other, he massaged the side of his forehead, “I’m really having a headache, Fany. Can we talk tomorrow?”

 

“& now you don’t even have time for your wife’s sister? What kind of husband did she married?”

 

He growled, standing on his feet now, “Dammit, Hann...Fany! I’ve had enough! I told you I didn’t cheat on your sister! She’s the one who goes out every night sleeping with men! I!” He stopped abruptly, realizing the mistake he had made. He didn’t meant for those words to come out of his mouth.

 

Tiffany stared at him, lips parted. She unfroze, blinking several times as if she had heard him wrong.

 

“You’re blaming things on her that she didn’t do?” Warily eyes turned to blazes. Her heartbeat speed up, “You bastard! Liar. The hell with you! Stephanie would never do that. A murderer.”

 

Her words stopped; so did the movement of her lips as Jaejoong covered his over hers. Her eyes widened. He jerked her towards his body ever so tightly she couldn’t almost breathe. His fingers knotted with her hair as he hardened the kiss. She tried to move her arms but couldn’t. With two free legs & with heels on, she brought one of her heels down on his feet. He cursed & lurched back. Before he had another chance to say a word, she slapped him.

 

Jaejoong jerked his head up, his eyes glaring at her but as he realized his mistake, his eyes softened, “I’m sorry.” He rubbed his face, “I thought you were Hannie. I really didn’t mean to do that.”

 

Tiffany gritted her teeth, prohibiting them from shaking by the cause of anger. Her flowers & birdies manicure nails dug into the white skin of her palm. She didn’t speaking for a while, making the silence an uncomfortable one.

 

“One thing you better get use to, Oppa, is me being around here.” She her heels & stalked to the door, regretting that she had ever came into the same room alone with a murderer.