Tiffany's Secret

Tiffany's Secret

Chapter 26

 

“You called for me?” The corner of her eyes took a small glance at the woman taking a sip of water from the glass. She looked back at him, her brows sinking together as he still studied her deeply within. Had he never seen a woman before? Pathetic, he was looking at her as if she was a ghost. Totally annoyed with him not answering her question, Tiffany raised her chin, waking him up from his daydreaming, “You called for me?” She asked again, trying to keep her voice under control. She can feel the piercing glare Yoona was giving her. Somehow, just somehow, the woman was involved in the matter.

 

Jaejoong took a step forward, alerting her. She stared at his black ecco atlanta plain toe oxfords shoe. He wouldn’t dare do anything inappropriate. His wife was just standing not just eight feet away.

 

“Where the hell have you been?!” He finally responded, rejecting her question, “You’ve been gone for five damn days!”

 

“& you cared?” Tiffany asked, an attitude climbing up her spine. Satisfaction galled up in her as he narrowed his eyes at her. By his look, he could cared less about her. A thin smile spread across her light pink lips. The more he stared at her, the more she felt his eyes piercing through her sick body, “I have work to do, Mr. Kim. If you would excuse me, I…”

 

“I asked you a question & you answer me. There’s no other way around answering a simple question, Ms. Hwang.”

 

An anger of blood boiled in her veins. She gritted her teeth; otherwise she would have been yapping at him & he still thinks that he was the boss of her? The hell with the man! She would love to slap that glaring look he was giving her. What an irritation.

 

“It’s none of your business of where I have been or what I have been doing. I have the rights to keep things to myself & you’re about to violate them.”

 

He raised an irritating brow, “This maybe a free country but in my office, it’s not. I don’t like my questions waiting, Fany.”

 

Tiffany raised her chin. At the corner of her eyes, she saw the little smirk climbing up Yoona’s face. Something glinted on the woman’s neck. She frowned. That emerald pendant necklace, she had seen it somewhere before, “It’s totally none of your business.” Tiffany gritted through her teeth. Turning at an angle, her eyes burned into those of Yoona’s. She snarled inwardly, averted & walked towards the door carelessly.

 

“All you have to tell me was that you were at Kyuhyun’s place. How hard is it, Fany?”

 

She stopped in her tracks, eyebrows sinking in together. She turned around, meeting Jaejoong’s eyes. His dark looks carried an eerie feeling up her spine for the first time. He looked dead serious about the false matter. She looked at Yoona. The same old smile laid on her pale pink lips. How could he have believed his wife? He knew her the most. Could he have not known that she was lying?

 

A small smile tilted up at the right corner of her lips. He quizzically narrowed his eyes at her, “I never knew that you were jealous, Mr. Kim.” He scolded at her, turning away. A real smile she hadn’t had for days came onto her face. She looked at Yoona & raised her brows. A good feeling was making its way up into her system, “I’m enjoying this little chat.” What the hell with it! If he really thought that she was with Kyuhyun, it was totally fine with her. This was, after all the things that she had been through, a cat & mouse game.

 

“So, I was never wrong, Jae Oppa.” Yoona injected, touching the edge of the table with her lovely fingertip, “You know Kyu Oppa?” Tiffany asked, a nicely puck brow raised. She received her answer as Yoona’s cheeks flushed red.

 

“We’re friends.”

 

Tiffany turned her gaze to Jaejoong. His fist was face down on the table; his head was down. She her lips & opened to speak, “I…”

 

“Yoona, leave the room.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“I said, leave the room.” He peered up, his deadly gaze piercing through his wife’s eyes. She crinkled her nose in frustration; her lips pouted up in anger. Letting out an angry huff, her feet made a turn & walked towards the door. As the door slammed shut, a nerve vein in her head went off. She closed her eyes tightly, trying to squeeze out the ringing sound.

 

“What’s wrong with you?”

 

Her eyes flashed open. She looked up at him & all she saw was a reckless, imprudent looking face. A man that lives in a dark house will always wear that feature, “Nothing.” She replied roughly, straightening up.

 

Jaejoong sighed, raking his hair back. He walked to the window, leaned on the wall connected to it & looked out. Tiffany crossed her arms over her chest, staring at his complexion. She’ll love nothing better to do than read his mind for the while.

 

“What were you doing with him?” He asked in his hard tone.

 

“I think I’ll keep that answer to myself.”

 

He turned to stare at her, giving her his best demanding eyes. His stare was on her face then it moved lower. She narrowed her eyes at him, noticing his eyes examining her neck. An anger uncalled for exploded in her stomach. She clenched her jaw, turning away. Curse him. Curse him to hell! She wanted to strangle his neck for such thoughts. While she was in the hospital, all he had been thinking about was what she was doing with Kyuhyun. Hell; the man staring at her now was the first & last she would be sleeping with!

 

“I guess it’s something inappropriate?”

 

She turned around sharply. His tone. So much like a bragging bastard! How could she ever admit that he was her first? She would have never accepted his offer if she knew he was the kind to swagger. He should at least be glad that she lost her ity to him. Don’t all men always like to be the first to taste a fresh woman? “Maybe it’s something like that.” Tiffany answered, indifferently. Jaejoong scoffed, yanking himself from his position. He stalked towards her with a dark faced. Her eyes slowly widened. She took a small step back.

 

“You wanted to know the answer, Oppa, & I answered you.”

 

“Indeed you did.” Jaejoong reached for her but she slapped his hands away. His brows sunk together, “& how did you like his touch?”

 

“How do you want the answer?”

 

“As best as you can explain it.” He advanced, looking down at her with his face only inches away. She knew he’d grab her if her answer turns the opposite from his own. Her heart thumped hard against her chest & it came again. Her lips parted open. She tried to get in some air while trying not to give away her breathlessness in front of him, ‘Don’t be so stubborn.’ She told herself, ‘Answer him nicely & get away. You need to get away, Tiffany. You know you can’t do this.’ She closed her eyes briefly & opened them back up just to meet his imprudent eyes.

 

“He was better.” Tiffany whispered in a breath. She felt herself being jerked into his arm. Then somehow, her back touched the wall. Just as her eyes closed briefly, his lips smacked onto hers, making it harder for her to breathe. She felt faint but she knew she couldn’t let him use her nor could she let him know about her illness. One hand holding her head & the other on her hips, he had the stronger grip. Her breathing began to lessen. Oh, god, why couldn’t she just stop being so headstrong? Breathing through her nose wasn’t enough.

 

Tiffany placed her hands on his chest & began to push him away with all of her strength combined. She turned her head but his lips followed. Her legs were tucked between his. Just as she was ready to bite his lips, he pulled away but still held her. She took in a deep breath as if coming out from the water. Her fist clenched a tight hold onto his blue van heusen traveller fitted solid dress shirt. Her eyes flashed open, staring into those confused ones.

 

“What’s.” She pushed him away, almost stumbling onto the ground, ‘Stay calm.’ She told herself, ‘Act normal.’ She straightened up, taking in another huge breath. Her body flinched as he placed his hands on her waist, “Fany.”

 

“Get away from me.”

 

She pushed his hands away & he let go willingly. Her feet led her to the door & her hands opened the door, even without her knowing it. She calmed her breathing as she closed the door behind her. Her feet fastened its pace. Knowing fully well that she couldn’t get to her room before collapsing, Tiffany turned around the corner, walked further with a few paces & swung the door open. She leaned over the sink, turned the faucet on & threw water onto her face. Droplets dripped down her lips as she breathed in the cool air from the open window. She stared at the running water, breathing in & out. Counting. Tearing the water apart with her mind. Reading it & soaking it inside her brain. Breathing in & out. Letting her control her own breathing, her own body.

 

Tiffany closed & breathed through her nose. She had succeeded to do something on her own, a masterpiece of mind creation.

 

“So, I have a little creep living inside my house. How lucky of me.”

 

She peered up slowly at the reflecting mirror, still witnessing that detested smile on the woman’s lips. In her hand, Yoona held an inhaler & a bottle of capsule. Tiffany looked back down carelessly, turning off the water, “What kind of illness do you have, you creep? & I never thought of having a sick person in my house. Never mind Oppa’s grandma. You’re not related to us at all.” Tiffany gasped as she yanked a handful of her hair. She glared at the woman from the mirror & then looked at the inhaler & bottle that put down on the counter next to her. Yoona smiled, jerking her hair once again, “Answer me.”

 

Tiffany swallowed, hissing “Over my dead body!” She reached up quickly, pulling on Yoona’s arm that held her handful of hair & twisted her body around. The grip on her hair loosened. Her nails pinched through the woman’s skin, causing her to yelp out in surprise. Yoona stepped back, took a small glance at her arm & glared back at Tiffany.

 

“You !”

 

“Call me what you want.” She said, taking another small glance at the necklace around Yoona’s neck, “But don’t you dare mess with my sister’s stuff.”

 

She shrieked, lurching forward. Tiffany arched her body halfway back as she kicked. Hands on the cold tile, she flipped back & kicked Yoona on the chin but received an unexpected fist on her cheek as she straightened back up. Both women, legs parted far apart as they stared at each other from a small distance, smiled their slyly ways.

 

“I didn’t know you can fight.”

 

“Well, now you know.” As saying so, Yoona shifted her right feet forward, alerting Tiffany. She moved back, blocked five fists & stretched a kick over. Yoona ducked, swaying backward. She jumped onto the rim of the sink counter & kneel down. A smile clicked onto her face, “There’s no need to fight me, Tiffany. There’s always a door to walk away from.”

 

Tiffany raised a brow, “You can take that chance but I’m not.” She dropped a quick gaze down at Yoona’s aerin cocobay roccia/pale gold spotted snake heels, “Those shoes don’t belong up there, sweetheart. I’m afraid that you might fall.”

 

“Worry about your own death, darling.”

 

Tiffany shrugged, blocking a short, sitting kick from Yoona. She grabbed the heel that supported Yoona’s body & pulled her feet down. The woman jerked into a sitting position in surprise. Reaching out, Tiffany tugged the necklace around her neck loses with the pendant in the palm of her hand, “I think this belongs to my sister. It was a present on her wedding day.” She took a quick look at the threshold as a woman entered, “Never touch anything that belongs to my sister. It’s not a warning, Yoona.”

 

“It was too bad that Oppa gave it to me as a wedding gift.”

 

Her eyes narrowed, “Stop lying. Trying to get me angry isn’t working.”

 

Yoona shrugged, jumping down from the counter, “Believe it or not, he did.” She smiled slyly, straightening up her pink three btn ruffle collar skirt dress, “Tell me, did you have fun at Kyu Oppa’s place?”

 

“It was you who was tattling & you know damn well that I was never at his place! I don’t even know him that much like you.”

 

“Of course not. He & I had been friends for years now & he’s quite a nice guy. Too bad you’re not his type.”

 

A competitive brow arched up, “& too bad he favored my sister over you.” The sly smile disappeared from her beautiful face. Her pale face flushed deep red. Tiffany smiled, grabbing the inhaler & bottle from the counter, “No more feisty mouth?” Her smile lengthened as Yoona’s lips curled up slightly, “I know more than you think, woman, & now, he’s favoring me over you. Let’s see who’s going to win the game from this point forward on, sweetheart. Good luck.”


An avenging smile on, Tiffany stalked away, leaving a surprised woman standing in awe with anger.