Chapter 37

The Wolf's Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Not Edited at all! Please excuse my grammatical and spelling mistakes.

*****

3rd POV

“Luhan!” Hana’s voice rang through the dense forest as she tried to keep up with the big steps of the angry man, “Wait up. I can’t walk as fast as you.”

Hearing the desperation, Luhan slowed down just enough for the girl to finally walk side-by-side with him.

“I know you’re mad right now-” Luhan grabbed Hana’s forearm with his abnormal strength causing her to gasp in pain,

“I’m furious, Hana.” The deep voice laced with anger stopped all movement from Hana, “You hid something so important from me. Why did you not tell me about your flashbacks of memories?”

Luhan’s grip got tighter as anger flooded his mind. Hana winced trying hard to not show pain on her face knowing that will only make Luhan guiltier than he already feels.

Hana knew Luhan enough to know that he wasn’t mad about her having her memories back slowly, but mostly about the fact that she had to deal with such phenomenon on her own. Her flashbacks must have caused so much confusion on her, and Luhan wanted to be the person that Hana can turn to when she needs help.

Hana completely understood, but she also wanted Luhan to know that she is an adult who knows what she’s doing. Yes, it was nice to have somebody to lean on, but there are moments that Hana needs to figure out herself. For the past few years, there was nobody to ever back Hana up, and that loneliness and independence have rooted itself deep inside of her. It’s going to take a while for her to fully lean on Luhan, but it’s not impossible.

“Luhan,” Hana whimpered, “Try to understand it from my point of view. It was so sudden that I never fully understood what was happening. I kept on thinking I was just having weird dreams.”

“Than you should have talked about with me once you figured out what was happening.” Luhan argued back, “We should not be keeping secrets between each other.”

Hana stared at Luhan with a shock expression before her eyebrows knitted together in annoyance and anger. She snatched her arm out of his grip with strength that even surprised her.

“You. Do. Not. Tell. Me. About. Keeping. Secrets.” Her voice was low but deadly as she jabbed her index finger on Luhan’s chest after every word.

“You were the one who kept one of the biggest secret from me.” Hana’s anger continued to flare, “Who hid from me about their true self? Who hid from me about their whole world? Who hid from about the past that we shared?”

Hana stepped back while crossing her arm across her chest, “Now tell me who kept all the secrets?”

Glaring at Luhan one more time, Hana turned around and started to walk again, “Stop being a hypocrite.” Even though it was only a whispered, Luhan heard it clearly.

The anger and frustration quickly vanished from Luhan’s body. The tension between his shoulder was gone and his muscles relaxed. Staring at Hana’s back, many emotions went through his body: surprised at her outburst, scared at her angry look, guilty at his accusations, and ually frustrated at how y Hana looked when she told him off.

His inner wolf was going crazy.

Sighing to calm down, Luhan followed behind Hana with his big steps and was quickly beside her.

Sending her side gazes, they both continued to walk toward Hana’s house in silence.

“I’m sorry.” Luhan broke the tense atmosphere, “I was wrong. You are right I should have been more understanding. So much things happen in such a short amount of time that my emotions got the better of me.”

Luhan stared down at Hana’s emotionless face before looking down at her arm to notice his handprint that left a red mark.

Guilt hit him right in his heart as he realized that he let his anger get too much control of him. The anger let him physical harm his Mate. Guilt mixed with doubt flooded his mind causing him to stop on his tracks.

“I am so sorry.” His voice was raw that it made Hana stop in mid-step. She turned around to look at Luhan who had different emotions playing around in his eyes.

“I shouldn’t let my emotions cause you physical harm. There is no excuse for my action.” Luhan continued to talk while staring at ground, “May-maybe this isn’t a good idea.”

Before Luhan could continue his self-pity and guilt trip, Hana was already standing in front of him and punch him on his forearm, hard.

“Now we’re even.” Hana answered his unasked question as Luhan looked at her with confused expression, “Luhan, it is okay to get angry at me. You have your right to express your distaste in something because I did make a mistake of not telling you.”

“However, you also made mistake.” Hana continued softly, “You let your emotions control your body. I understand that I am your Mate, but you have to understand that I am an independent girl. There are things that I want to solve by myself. It does not mean that I don’t trust you or anything; it just means that I can handle the situation by myself. I been independent for a while now, and it’s hard for me to fully lean on somebody, whether it’s my own Mate or a friend. It’s going to take a while for me get use to somebody always being there for me, so try to be more understanding. I will try to be more open with you, and you can try to be more understanding of me. Let’s meet in the middle, Okay?”

Hana’s soft smile swelled Luhan’s heartbeat. The sun was shining through the forest casting light on her face. Birds were chirping while leaves were rustling due to the soft wind. Looking at the strong, self-determining woman in front of him, Luhan felt his love for Hana grow more than ever.

She wasn’t just his Mate. She was a girl who had been through way too much hardship for a young adult. She was a girl who have faced those hardships with a strong back. She wasn’t a damsel in distress. No she was her own hero who needs no saving. She saved herself.

The sudden hug from Luhan made Hana laugh as she put her arm around his waist, “I am so fortunate to have you in my life.” His whisper made her blush as she felt him softly kiss her on the side of her head.

They broke apart and continued walking with a light-hearted step.

“Another thing,” Hana said, “Don’t worry about the mark on my forearm, it’s not going to bruise. You actually didn’t hold me that hard so don’t stress over it. It’s normal for couples to fight. We actually just had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter