Chapter 36

The Wolf's Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Not Edited

*****

3rd POV

                  “Your Highness,” A man bowed exactly 90 degrees with his eyes on the floor not daring to look at the King who was sitting on the big throne, “Your plan was successful.”

A small deep chuckle was heard in the dark room. A chill went down the man’s spine as he stood in front of the King,

“What happened to Block B?”

“We got information that they surrendered to SM, and now being held captive in the prison. It won’t be long before they are executed.” The man replied back not moving an inch from this position.

“How about those women and kids that were staying with them?” (A/N: Block B found few women and children after the massacre of Seven Seas’ Empire)

“Following your orders, I send few wolves to go to the old property and are going to bring them all here. It will take a minimum of a day for the operation to be completed.” The man named General Yang said.

“Good, good.” The King laugh echoed around the whole castle letting the people that were inside know that their King was happy, “Make sure once those women and kids come back, put all of them in the dungeon and have fun.”

A wicked smiled formed on General Yang’s face as he bowed lower then straighten his back, “Of course, my Highness.” Bowing one more time, he turned around and walked out of the big room with the wicked smile still on his face as he thought about the telling his soldiers the good news.

***

                  The strong presences of the Kings made Hana’s heart race. She stood beside Luhan who was trying hard to control his emotions. The whole room where the Kings sat on their designated throne with the ceiling to floor window behind them was silent.

Hana was standing in between Luhan and Kris as they stood in the middle facing the Kings. Leeteuk was standing with Onew who was towards the right side of the room while on the left side was occupied by the bounded Block B members with few member of Super Junior who stood right behind them making sure they don’t try anything suspicious.

The atmosphere was becoming more and more tensed as the Kings continued to stare right at Hana with emotionless faces,

“What do you mean they are innocent.” Yunho asked waiting patiently for her answer.

After capturing Block B, the women and kids were escorted by Key and Minho back towards the city. Everyone was gathered in the main plaza where the Castle stood with a big fountain that was placed in the center.

Realizing that everything was over, Hana immediately started to look for Luhan and Exo-M wanting to make sure that they were safe and uninjured. Going through the small crowd, she was suddenly pulled back as two strong arms rested around her waist giving her a back hug. Knowing full well who it was, she turned around Luhan’s arms and hugged him properly happy to see that he was unharmed.

She looked behind him and saw the other members of Exo-M. Xiumin and Chen were talking to other wolves. Tao was fooling around with Jonghyun while Kris was talking on the phone most likely with Eun.

Hearing Yoochun’s deep voice, it silent the audience and made everyone form a crescent moon shape around the intruders who caused the trouble. Hana got the perfect view of Block B’s faces who were on their knees with their hands bounded by a metal handcuffs that covered their whole hand making any moment impossible. They were stationed right in front of the fountain looking straight at the Kings showing no fear nor remorse.

 Luhan kept one of his hand around Hana’s waist with his chest slightly pressed against her back feeling happy and confused.  The whole scenario did not seem to make sense to him, and taking a quick glimpse at Kris and Lay he knew that they thought the same thing.

Why would Block B surrender so easily? Who was the dead wolf? So many questions were left unanswered as Luhan sighed deeply before calming himself down by realizing that at least Hana was unharmed and safe in his arms.  

Yoochun started to name the punishment that Block B will faced and if they cooperate in the interrogation process, it would be easier upon them; meaning no torture will be needed.

Looking at Zico’s face who stared at the Kings with no emotions with his ice cold eyes, Hana was bombarded with all the flashbacks as they came back in full force. The times when he made her smile. The times when he would play with her. The times he would softly hold her like a porcelain doll afraid that the young Hana would break. The times when he would look at her with his warm soft eyes.

However, looking at Zico at that moment, Hana wasn’t sure what to believe anymore. Just in that moment, Zico unintentionally looked toward Hana and he showed his first emotions: surprised. His eyes got big when he noticed that she was looking at him with a face full of sadness and guilt.

Seeing Zico’s shock expression, the words just left without her content.

“They’re innocent.” It was a whisper at first mostly to herself, but with the strong sense of hearing that the wolves possessed, everyone in SM heard it clearly.

It got quit as Yoochun stopped talking and looked toward Hana who was still staring at Block B. Luhan tighten his hold on Hana,

“What do you mean, Hana?” He whispered.

“They’re innocent.” Hana replied louder and clearer. There was no mistake that this time Hana was confident with her statement. 

Ignoring the shock expressions thrown at her from the crowd, Hana looked at Luhan with a determined expression showing him that she was not backing out. Luhan stared at Hana’s eyes looking for an answer for such a statement.

“Emergency meeting in the Castle main room,” Yunho’s voice broke Luhan’s concentration as it rang through the plaza loud and clear, “All Alphas gather there including Luhan and Hana. Donghae, Siwon, and Shindong will also join the meeting.” Yunho moved his eyes from the three surprised Super Junior members to Block B, “You will guard them in the room.”

And this how the tense atmosphere in the Castle’s main room came to be. And this was also how Hana felt her determination fading as she looked at the Kings. When she first met them,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter