Chapter 31

The Wolf's Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Not Edited

*****

3rd POV

                  “Luhan.” The soft whispered traveled directly into Luhan’s sensitive ears as he stared at the girl that made him almost turn crazy for 28 hours.            

She had on a plain black shirt with black sweatpants that were big on her; however, it was the smell that was oozing out it that made Luhan want to rip the clothes into shreds.

Luhan’s blood started to boil in fury as the smell of Zico filled up the room. A growl was heard in the back of his throat as he snarled at Hana showing all of his sharp teeth unconsciously.

“Luhan?” Her voice was still in a whisper as Hana stared at the black wolf in shock.

Why was he acting like that?

The hint of salt scent overpowered Zico’s stench as Luhan noticed that Hana’s eyes were getting teary. Without waiting another second, he quickly darted towards the bed, which took only two steps, and nuzzled his head against Hana’s.

Luhan the tear that escaped and continued to her cheeks trying to tell her that he’s here and will protect her.

Hana, immediately, wrapped her hand around Luhan’s neck and buried her face in his silky soft fur.  

“I missed you so much.” Hana whimpered softly as she his ear wondering if she’s dreaming right now.

Luhan gave her a small before backing up. He turned his head towards the door trying to tell her they have to leave quickly.

“Okay. Hold on.” Hana quickly ripped the notes she made on the notepad and fold it up before putting them into her pockets. At the same time, Luhan bit her original clothes and faced Hana.

“Luhan, we don’t have time for me to change into my clothes.” Hana stared at him like he’s crazy before moving towards the door, “We have to go now.”

Luhan nudged the clothes further into her face wishing that she will listen to him. Hana grabbed the clothes that Luhan gave her and threw them across the room,

“Luhan, we have to go.” She walked out and looked down the railing to see Exo-M in the living room, dinning room, and kitchen.

Kris and Xiumin were by the front door. Lay and Chen were by the back door while Tao was chewing on the sofa leaving bite marks.

Hana smiled and started to run down the stairs happy to see the crazy wolves again. Tao looked up the minute that Hana reached the bottom stair before almost attacking her with excitement. He stood in front of her with his tongue sticking out from the side and his tail wagging.

“Hi Tao.” Hana smiled at the big wolf as she patted his muzzle moving past him towards the living room.

Tao definitely got his revenge. He left bite marks every where, and Hana was pretty sure that Tao broke every leg on all the chairs that occupied the living room and kitchen.

Luhan stared at clothes that Hana threw across the room debating to take it with him or not. However, changed his mind when he heard Kris calling for him. He walked out the room and jumped off the railing landing perfectly on the ground floor without any effort.

Hana stared at awe before going up to Luhan and pulling on his ear. Luhan snarled his teeth at her in annoyance.

“You could have hurt yourself, idiot!” Hana yelled in frustration, “First get me out of here before you go around doing something crazy like that.” Luhan growled at her. Hana let go of his ear and quickly noticed that the pack was going out the back door. She followed quickly with Luhan right behind her.

The sun was about to set causing the pink glow to shine down upon the small group that stood in the forest.

“We’re going back to SM.” Kris spoke to his pack, “Luhan carry Hana.”

Luhan nodded his head before sitting down on the grass right beside Hana. She looked at him in confusion wondering why was she sitting in such a form in a tense atmosphere.

Luhan pointed toward her and his back indicating his message. Quickly getting what he meant, Hana hesitantly touched his fur and swang her leg around his shoulder blade,

“I’m pretty heavy.” She felt bad about being a handicap because she knew she will definitely slow the pack down.

Without saying a word, Luhan effortlessly stood up. Hana’s feet didn’t touch the ground anymore as she held on to his fur in fright.

“Lay, Xiumin, Chen and I will lead the scent away from you guys. Tao and Luhan will go straight toward SM while Lay and Chen will go South, and Xiumin and I will go West.” Kris ordered, “Got it?”

The wolves gave a small growl understanding the plan. Hana felt the growl as she gently patted Luhan.

“Separate!” Quickly the distracting teams went away in a flash causing Hana to stared with wide eyes in shock. They were beyond fast.

Luhan suddenly started to sprint causing Hana to bend forward and grab his fur for stability. Tao was running beside them.

Hana stared straight ahead in fear. Big oak trees were surrounding them while the roots were taking up the ground. Every once in a while, Hana felt like they were going to run into a tree, but Luhan would easily dodge it.

The cool wind whipped past Hana’s face causing her to close her eyes and bend her head down a little. She held on tight to Luhan knowing full well that he will protect her no matter what.  

A howl was heard shortly causing both Luhan and Tao to stop suddenly. Hana stared towards the forest trying hard to look between the trees.

“Luhan, who was that?” Her voice sounded loud against the quiet forest.

Even with Luhan’s full attention towards the howl, he clearly heard Hana’s heartbeats speeding up in a fast rate. He smelled her fear, and quickly made a decision.

“Tao call upon the creatures of the wood.” Luhan looked at Tao who let out a silent growl. So silent that a normal human ear would never be able to pick up.

Suddenly, the small group were surrounded by the rodents, birds, deers, foxes, and many more. That all stood around them making a shield looking at the two wolves for further instructions.

“Cover our scents. Confuse the wolf that is gaining towards us.” Luhan’s authority make the animals obey immediately.

Hana stared at the mass of animals that surrounded them in shock. She didn’t know what was going on, but the way they were looking only at Luhan made her realize that she really didn’t know anything about him.

Tao turned around and ran with Luhan on his tail. Hana grabbed on to Luhan knowing full well that he will take her to safety.

                  The loud sound of the waterfall with the sun setting slowly made an orange and pink tint upon the lake. The beautiful scene took Hana’s breath away. She never knew that there was a waterfall in the forest. But now looking at it closely, she noticed that there was something off about it.

Hana didn’t know how long they have been runn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter