Chapter 25

The Wolf's Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Not Edited

*****

Luhan’s POV

                  “I’m okay, Mom.” I said the nth time to my worried mother through the phone. My parents called the minute they found out my future rejection. I actually wanted to wait, but the Kings thought it would be a good idea to tell him right now, so they will have time to spend some days with me.

 

“Sweetheart, I’m your Mom.” Her soft voice made the jitterbugs in my stomach to calm down, “I know when you’re lying.”

 

I sighed and looked up the bright sky. The sun was about to set, and a soft purple and pink tint painted the sky. The wind was stronger and colder here on top of the hill. I love this small hill. It’s my place to think and relax. Many years ago, I would lay down here and think about how my mate would be like.

 

How would she look?

 

Would she be kind-hearted?

 

Would she able to accept me?

 

All those thoughts always rampaged in my head as I stared up at the stars those sleepless night. When I first saw Hana in the forest, I knew that moment that I had the best mate ever. She was small, but at the same time smart beyond her years and so kind that she risked her life just to save mine.

 

A smile formed on my face as I thought back to the chubby little Hana petting my fur. She would smile brightly at me before kiss my head. If only I didn’t have to leave, then maybe Hana wouldn’t have to face such a hard time alone. I would have been there for her, comforting her.

 

“Sweety, are you still there?” Mom asked. I blinked, coming back to the present,

 

“Yeah sorry, Mom. I was just thinking.”

 

“Don’t worry.” Mom paused as I heard Dad’s voice from the background, “Hold on, I’ll give it to your Dad.”

 

“Hello.” Dad’s strong voice spoke after few seconds, “Luhan, I just bought the tickets, and we will be there within a week. I’m sorry I tried to get an earlier ticket, but they were all sold out.”

 

“A WEEK!” I hear Mom yelled from the background. I flinched as I imagined my Mom being mad. Mom was very scary when she was pissed.

 

“Honey, we can’t do anything-” Dad tried to reason with her, but he was cut off,

 

“You’re a freaking wolf! You should easily be able to swift and ran with me on your back to Korea.” I heard Dad sigh. I felt a tinge of sympathy for him.

 

“Honey, there is an ocean separating Hawaii from Korea. It’s impossible.” Dad responded.

 

“I don’t care if there was a planet separating us from my baby! I want to be right beside Luhan comforting him, and maybe teach that little mate of his a lesson.”

 

“He’s not a pup anymore,” Dad said, “He’s grown up.”

 

“Plus,” I interrupted, “I don’t want you interfering with Hana’s decision making.”

 

“He’s right, Honey.” Dad agreed with me, “Luhan is smart and old enough to make his own decision. We should support him.” I could already imagine my Mom thinking hard before just giving a small nod to indicate that she understands,

 

“I will support him; however, that does not mean I like that decision-“ I was listening closely to my mom, before a beeping noise grabbed my attention. I looked at the screen to see a call waiting for me. My eyes got really big as I saw the name flashing. My heart sped up in both excitement and dread. Excited that I would be able to hear her voice again, and dread because maybe she already made a decision.

 

I would have thought it would have taken her a while. If she says no, then my days would decrease big time.

 

“Hey Dad, I’ll call you back.” I said quickly, “I have an important call waiting for me.”

 

“Okay, Son. Call us when you’re free.” My Dad agreed, however, I could hear my Mom talking about how she wanted to talk more to me before Dad hanged up. I pressed the answer button with a shaky hand.

 

“Luhan.” Hana’s panicked voice spoke before I could even greet her, “Someone is following me.”

 

 

*****

Few Hours Ago

 

                  Hana was sweeping the floor in silent as the two new boys were doing there own cleaning duty. Kyung was cleaning the chalk board while P.O. was whipping the student’s desks.

 

Within this past hour, P.O. has been able to ‘accidentally’ trip Hana about five times, and he was getting tired of her not showing any negative reaction. It always ended with her smiling and forgiving him. P.O. wanted to do anything that will set her off, and make her an easy target. If she gets mad, it means he will have a reason, even if it’s a small one, to kill her.

 

Of course, none of the Block B pack wanted to kill Hana, an innocent person who got mixed into this whole mess, but the anger always returns when they think about their Empire that was brutally murdered by SM. They could all still see the dead bodies laying over the field as the blood cover the grass. The houses were burn to ashes as the Castle that the King resided in was still on fire.

 

P.O. remembered when he heard crying from a small hut to the far right of the property as they were scouting the area for any survivors.

 

He remembered seeing few kids and women all huddled together crying their eyes out.

 

He remembered seeing the outmost horrified expression on their faces.

 

Many of those kids show their father, mother, andr even both get murdered right in front of them. Nobody deserves to see such a tragic scene.

 

Block B was beyond mad, and promised to get revenge on whoever did this to their Empire; their family. After getting the kids and women into a safe location, they immediately started to search for evidence, and it wasn’t hard. All the dead bodies had ‘SM’ carved into their chest.

 

SM, the same Empire, that have been having many disputes wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter