Chapter 20

The Wolf's Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* Not Edited

**********

                The gray-white wolf stared at the human girl named Hana in shocked. Her long black hair cascade down her back in waves while her big dark brown eyes stared at the injured wolf in worry and curiosity that replaced the fear that was there just moments ago.

Her jeans got muddy due to the dirt on the ground while her sweater fitted her body perfectly. She still has the same features, but now she just looks much older.

“What are you waiting for Zico? You won’t get a great opportunity like this.” Kyung said from the back. Everyone had stop fighting, and were staring at the Hana and Luhan; waiting for Hana’s reaction.

Kris quickly moved in front of Eun while the other moved in front of Hana; blocking her from the intruders.

“We’re leaving.” Zico said while looking at Hana who was looking at the scene in front of her.

“What! We can still fight!” Jaehyo argued with a small bark toward the Alpha. Zico stared at him hard,

“We’re leaving. That’s final.” Zico was the last one to turn around and leave Hana’s back yard. As he was about to go into the forest, He looked back at Hana again. She was staring right at him with her innocent big eyes. She titled her head a little while biting her lips in confusion. Zico stared at her for few seconds before running into the forest following his pack.

Hana’s POV

                “Luhan?” I asked again, afraid of the answer. What if it is him?

What are you talking about Luhan couldn’t be a wolf. But what about the blue crescent moon tattoo? The sound of grass crunching suddenly grabbed my attention as I noticed that four wolves stood in front of me and the black wolf. Their back was facing me, and their muscles were tensed; like they were ready to fight if needed.

I should have been scared, but I felt comfortable; they felt familiar. I quickly looked toward Eun and notice her hiding behind the big reddish-brown wolf.  How is she so calm? She was actually touching the wolf’s fur!

I may feel comfortable around the wolves doesn’t mean I trust them; they could attack me any minute. They are wolves not dogs that could be tamed. I looked around my surrounding hoping to find a weapon, but luck wasn’t on my side. I can always do my ‘Taekwondo’ moves.  

I looked back at the injured black wolf, and notice it staring at me with intense eyes. I quickly looked away with embarrassment, and looked at the seven wolves across from us.

Suddenly a small bark made me jump in fright as I saw its massive sharp teeth. The same teeth the injured wolf has, and could easily tear me in shreds. I shook my head trying to get the negative thoughts out of it as I continued to look at the wolves retrieving back to the forest.

The grey-white wolf turned around and stared right at me. I looked into his black eyes and felt like I’ve seen them before. I titled my head to the side while biting my lips trying to think where I could have seen such a wolf before.  I mean I would have definitely remembered seeing a big whitish wolf; I’m pretty sure that would have been imprinted in my memories. Without giving me a second glance, the wolf ran into the forest as well.

“Hana?” Eun whispered to me grabbing my attention. I looked toward her and quickly notice that she was still holding on to the big wolf. I quickly noticed that all the wolves were staring at me like they were worried…afraid.

“Huh?” That was the only thing I could mumble as I try to get my head straight. What’s going on? A headache spread across my forehead as try to put everything together.

“Are you okay?” Eun asked uneasily. I stared at her like she was crazy.

“Am I okay?” I said back in a mocking tone, “I don’t know Eun. Do you aspect me to be okay? I saw thirteen abnormally big wolves fighting in my back yard, one got injured, all of the others are covered in blood, you are strangely comfortable with that huge wolf, I don’t know why but I’m not that scared anymore which is weird because any one of these wolf could attack me, and my window is scattered. Yup I’m okay. Definitely okay, except for the fact that I’m probably going crazy!”

Eun looked toward the ground with a sad expression, “I’m sorry.” I saw the big wolf moving closer to Eun’s face, and before I could warn her, the wolf her face affectionately. I stared at the interaction with big eyes as Eun patted the wolf’s nuzzle and gave it a small smile. I saw her eyes full of love, the same look that she gives Kris.

Eun looked back at me with sad eyes again. Guilt consumed me when I noticed how hard I was on her.

“Don’t be sorry Eun. It wasn’t your fault.”  I messaged my forehead as my headache grew stronger, “Jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter