Chapter 10

The Wolf's Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Weeks have gone by since Exo-M joined Hana's school. They all gotten closer than they were before especially Hana and Luhan. However, Luhan still feels like there is something that is holding Hana back from connecting herself to them. Something that she still can't get over, and Luhan knows what it is. He already waited over 10 years for her, and he can wait little more until she is finally comfortable. 

Over these weeks, Hana has gone to Luhan's house more than 5 times. Either to help out cooking or just to hang out. Each time she goes, she would come home thinking only about Luhan. Luhan has been on her mind a lot lately; even in her dreams. Yet poor Hana doesn't know what is going on with her; she can be very dense at times. 

Right now Hana was baking her famous pound cake for the guys; especially Xiumin Oppa and Tao. Ever since the day she brought it to school for lunch and they all tried a piece of it; they haven't stop bothering her about baking some more. 

Hana was cleaning the kitchen while waiting for the timer to go off. 

BING BING BING

"Ah finally." Hana wipes her hand quickly and goes to the oven to take the cake out. While it was still hot, she cut it to square pieces and put it in a container. 

"They better thank me for this." Hana said as she puts on her light jacket and walks out the back door. She locks the door and walks into the forest. Hana found a shortcut to Exo-M's house few days ago when she was walking in the forest for fun; it takes her less than 10 minutes by just walking. 

Even though it was dark, the forest never scared Hana before. For odd reason, Hana liked walking in the forest; listening to the nature sounds, from the small animals making noise to the wind blowing the wind. Since it was autumn, the leaves started to change colors- even though most trees were evergreens- making it more beautiful. 

Hana continue walking in peace as her shoes made crunching noises from stepping on the dead leaves. Suddenly Hana's hair on her neck stood up, her body sensing something was near. A 'snap' made Hana stop on her track. She looked around her surrounding look for the source of the sound. Goosebumps surrounded her arm, and her heartbeat sped up. 

Something was here, and it was watching her. 

Only one name kept repeating in her mind as she was still looking for the source of the sound:

Luhan

Hana wants Luhan here with her. She wants to feel protected like she always does when she is with him. 

The bush on the right of Hana started shaking. Hana clutch into the container she was holding, ready to run if she had to.

Suddenly something jump out of the bush shocking Hana so much that she dropped her container. And there it was the thing that scared Hana so much...a rabbit. 

Hana stared at the rabbit dumbfounded. 

A rabbit seriously a rabbit. Get hold of yourself Hana. 

Hana picked up the container and kept on walking without looking back. 

However, if Hana did looked back she would have notice two shining eyes staring at her from behind the trees. Watching her every moment.

***************

     Hana walked up the steps on the back porch of Exo-M's house, and knocked on the glass back door. Lay came out of the kitchen and smiled at Hana before opening the door for her. 

"Hi Hana." Lay sweetly said as he moved aside so Hana can walk inside. 

"Hey Lay Oppa." Hana said while walking to the dinning room and putting the container with the cake down. 

"What's that?" Lay question as he goes to the container and opens it.

"It's pound cake." 

Lay takes a small piece and eat it; a smile formed on his face as he swallowed it, "Wow this is really good." 

"Thank you. Where is everybody?"

Before Lay could answer, laughter was heard from the living room; however, one laughter was higher than the others. Curiously, Hana walks to the living room with Lay right behind her. 

When Hana reached the room, she suddenly stopped in her track almost making Lay bump into her. 

Hana stared at Luhan as he was hugging another girl really tight. His arms wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter