Chapter 26

The Wolf's Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Not Edited

*****

Hana’s POV

 

                  A cool breeze blew my hair as I stood on my backyard. The sun was shining brightly upon me, but I didn’t feel the heat. I looked around the similar scenery, and quickly noticed a swing on the big oak tree that used to be there when I was young.

 

I walked towards the swing hesitantly,

 

“Didn’t we throw this away?” I said to myself as I slightly touched the rope. I slowly sat down on the swing afraid that maybe it will disappear. I pushed gently off the ground and closed my eyes as I felt the wind blowing again.

 

It felt so good to be able to feel so free. A smile formed on my face as I looked at my house from the back. It looked just like it used to when I was young. The vegetable garden growing beside the backdoor, the flower pot was stationed on the window’s shelf, and of course the beautiful wind chimes that hanged beside the door. As I was admiring my house the back door suddenly opened and a little girl around the age of 6 walked out. She was wearing a pastel yellow dress with white tights. Her hair was in a ponytail tied by a light blue ribbon. She was carrying a empty basket with her.

 

I watched her closely as she started to walk toward the forest with a big smile.

 

My eyes got big as I stood up in shock when I saw the little girl closer.

 

“That’s,” The words couldn’t leave my mouth, “me.”

 

“Hey!” I called her out...well call me out, but she (I) didn’t hear me. I followed behind her trying to grab her (me) attention. I tapped her (my) shoulder, but my hands went through her (my) body. I almost fell down in surprise. What the heck is going on?

 

I walked further into the forest following behind my child self,

 

“Hey you’re going get your white tights dirty.” I was pretty much talking to myself, “And how come there is no parent supervision?”

 

As far as I remember, every time I went to the forest, one of my family member would always come with me; no matter how close I was to our backyard. I was never allowed to go by myself.

 

Yet here is my child self, going into the forest so naturally. Something is not right.

 

I followed closely behind, but my child self stopped in front bed of flowers. There were so many different types of flowers and all different colors. I smiled as I squatted down beside her (me).

 

“Wow.” I admired the beautiful view, “So pretty.” Looking at the flowers, I totally forgot about the unusual events that are occurring.

 

I watched silently as my child self stared to pluck out the flowers,

 

“Orchid.” She (I) spoke for the first time as she put away the light purple flower into basket. I looked at child self in shock. Her (my) voice was so innocent and high.

 

“Gerbera.” She (I) continued to as she put away the light pink flower.

 

How come my child self knows so many names of flower?

 

I have never been interested in flowers before nor have I ever learned anything about them. I crunched my eyebrows together and tried to connect everything together.

 

What is going on? Is this a dream?

 

I know for the fact that this the same forest that’s in my backyard. That house of definitely mine. This little girl is me because of the family album that my parents kept and showed to me before they passed away. I never opened that album after the incident, but I remember how I looked when I was around 6 years old.

 

Is this a flashback?

 

I stood up in surprise. If this is a flashback, then maybe, just maybe, my parents and grandfather are in the house this very moment. I could see them again after 2 years. I would be able to see them smile and laugh. See my parents be a cute couple while my grandfather would be teasing them. A big smile formed on my face as I took a step back getting ready to go back. However, the moment I turned around to walk back to my house, a howl was heard.

 

I quickly turned around to see my child self looking toward the sound in fright. I stood behind her (me) trying to protect her (me). I watched the clearing intensely as I heard the grass crunch beside me. My child self was now standing while holding on her basket tightly. I could see the scared look and tears that were about to fall.

 

Suddenly, another howl was heard followed by a bark. I looked forward just in time to see two big wolves jumping out into the clearing. They were snapping and biting each other. Both were covered in blood; however, they continued to fight. They were so engrossed that they didn’t notice my child self just few feet away from them.

 

“Quickly.” I yelled even though I know she (I) won’t hear me, “Go back home!” I tried to push her (me), but my hands went through her (me).

 

I hissed in frustration at my lack of help. I was about to yell again, but my child self quickly dropped her (my) basket and ran toward a big bush. I closely followed behind just to notice her (I) squatting down behind the bush to hide.

 

“This is stupid.” I talked to her (me), “You have to go home!” I didn’t get a response causing me to sigh deeply. This .

 

I sat down as well and looked through the bush at the wolves fighting. I couldn’t really make out their faces. Just one glance at them, I could tell they weren’t ordinary wolves. They stood about 6-foot-tall even on their four legs. One was dark gray while the other was pure black.

 

“There werewolves.” I said, “But I don’t remember ever seeing a werewolf when I was young.”

 

I looked at my child self to see her (me) watching closely. I saw the way she (I) biting her lips in concern, and the tears were lining her eyes. I always had a soft spot for animals.

 

I turned back to the fight to notice the dark gray wolf biting the black wolf on its neck. Blood squirting everywhere causing the green grass to turn red. The gray wolf held on tightly as it threw it against the tree with a strong force. The tree broke in half in fell down on the field with a big thud as the crunch sound was heard from the black wolf.

 

I turned around to my child self again wondering if she (I) was too young to watch such a violent act.

 

The gray wolf stood quietly watching the black wolf with its intense eyes. My mouth got dry at as the wolf turned to stare at our direction. I heard my child self gasping a little before holding her (my) breath. The dark gray wolf had a black full moon mark on its forehead. I watched as the wolf continue to stare before looking back at the black wolf who was unconscious now. The wolf growl lowly from its chest before walking way back into the forest without a second glance towards the field.

 

I stood up from my spot and started to walk towards the black wolf. My heart was pounding hard afraid that maybe its who I think it is. No sound was heard as I squatted down beside the black wolf. His face was facing the other way. I slowly and carefully bend over my body to looked at the wolf’s face. My hand shook as I saw the mark that I dreaded to see. My body felt numb as I felt cold sweat on my forehead. My hand shook as I tried to touch the wolf, but it went through him.

 

“Luhan.” I whispered afraid. I tried again to shake him but my hand kept on going through his body, “Luhan!”

 

I kept on yelling his name trying to wake him up, but nothing happened. I felt tears running down my face, “Luhan! Please wake up!”

 

My breathe came out in short takes. I felt myself hyperventilating. Please Luhan wake up.

 

“Luhan!” I sat up straight on my bed. The sun was shining into my room. I looked around in shock. My hand shook as I felt sweat running down the back of my neck. I was panting like I just ran a mile.

 

Everything was the same in my room, but something felt missing. I looked at the bottom of my bed to see that Luhan wasn’t there anymore. Last night, I let Luhan come into my room and he slept on the right side of my bed right beside my window.

 

Suddenly my room felt cold. Where is Luhan? My dream hit me hard as I remember the fight and the blood. Luhan was injured and I couldn’t do anything about it. I qui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter