Chapter 15

The Wolf's Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Not Edited*

  "Coffee or Tea?" Hana asked as she went to the kitchen as Luhan quietly sat down on the sofa.

"Coffee." Luhan looked around the small cozy living room. There were only few changes since the last visit. There were more pictures of Hana. They all lined up against the wall; from her birth until she was about 15 years old. Luhan also noticed that there more pictures of Hana's parents and grandfather. 

Hana probably put them up after the accident.

"Do you want some cookies Luhan?" Hana asked from the kitchen.

"Sure." Luhan loves Hana's cooking; especially her baking. 

Hana walked to the living room with a mug of coffee and plate full of chocolate chip cookies. She gently put the plate on the coffee table and handed the mug to Luhan. The silent consumed them for a while. Luhan reached over to take a cookie.

"I was actually baking these cookies for Tao because I know how much he loves them." Hana said gently. She knew something was wrong with Luhan especially since he showed up like this unannounced. Luhan dropped the cookie back on the plate after hearing the reason she baked them. Hana noticed the change in Luhan right away. He may try to hide his annoyance but being with him for a while Hana started to notice small things about him. 

Like how when he is annoyed, his right eye twitches a little and his left hand forms a fist; just like this very moment. Hana put her hand on his forearm, and just like before a spark ran through her body, but she ignored it. 

"Something's wrong Luhan." It was more of a statement than question. 

Luhan didn't answer instead put the mug down on the coffee table and leaned back on the couch. He started to rub his forehead because of the rising headache he was getting. 

Again, silences consumed them. 

Hana wanted Luhan to tell her his problem, but she knew she cannot force him. She remembered when she told him her story, and how he was able to comfort her so much. She wanted to do the same thing for him. To be there for him. 

"Hana?" Luhan whispered. Hana looked up at him and "hmmed" 

“What would you do if your friend misunderstands you?” Luhan whispered without looking at her. Hana looked at him with realization.

So it’s about his friends.

“Well I would explain the misunderstanding to my friend.” Hana said as she munched on her cookie.

“But how?” Luhan looked more confused by trying to figure how he can get through Tao.

“Well…for example, if I had a misunderstanding with you I would take you somewhere quiet and just talk about it,” Hana started, “because that’s is how I can get through you. It depends on the friend.”

Luhan stayed quiet for few minutes thinking of a way to get Tao to understand. Hana was watching Luhan’s expressions as he sat quietly.

Suddenly, Luhan’s eyes got wide and looked at Hana with excitement. Hana was confused again; however that didn’t last long as Luhan wrapped his arms around Hana’s waist.

“Hana you are the best.” Hana could imagine the wide grin on his face. Her heart was beating fast as a blush started to rise from her neck. She was so shock she couldn’t respond. Just before she was going to put her arms around him, Luhan let go and got up.

“Thank you so much Hana, you’re the best.” Luhan bent down and peck her on the cheek before going out the front door; making sure to lock it before leaving. Hana sat on the sofa red as a tomato. She touched her cheek and got up. She walked to her room like a robot, leaving behind the cold coffee and cookies on the coffee table.

*****

            “Why hasn’t Tao gotten back yet?” Lay said as he looked outside from the window.

 Everyone was worried about Tao; even Chen. Xiumin and Lay were sitting on the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter