Chapter 43 : More Than Expected

Love still exists...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol's POV :

 

"여보세요? (yeoboseyo)" I picked up the buzzing phone tucked in my pocket. "Yeol, the cup is on its way for tests." Baekhyun reported to me the progression on their side. "Hmm... I'm on my way for the footages." I notified him my progress and receievd an acknowledgement from him to further carry on. Baek and I often check on each other just in case we missed out something important. Since this morning Minseokkie hyung is with him, I decided to let loose a bit on Baekhyun. Not that I do not have any confidence in him, but we all make human errors and at this juncture, human errors are to be minimised. 

I looked out the window, watching all that is passing me by wondering if taking this bet is worth it in retrieving the footages from the night. "Young Master." My chauffeur called out to me. I hummed in response, "You seemed troubled. Is there anything I could do to help you?" He asked. At his word, my lightbulb idea came and lighted up! "Yes, Jisoo! There's just something I need you to do for me." I beamed and started explanining everything to him. We stopped by at the cafe near the destination we are headed to and awaited for someone to bring us the items we needed. 

Jisoo has a uncle that has relations with the triads and asking Jisoo for help maybe one of the best choice I have made for this incident so far. I requested for someone to disguise as me and approach the managment for the footages. Knowingly that the hotel had relations with Yang Jaebum, and he having relations with the triads ain't of any beneficial to me if I were to appear as I am in front of them. I'm pretty sure they have their backup all situated around the building in the event where things are striaghtened out and to make sure no word gets out of the place and to the public without their consent. 

A younger lad approached Jisoo and bowed to him. I furrowed my brows in curiosity at the formal action from the lad. "Oh! He bowed because I have a higher status than him. I mean... I'm my uncle's nephew, you see..." I nodded and chuckled. "You don't have to explain to me, I was a little surprised. But I figured that out too. Thank you Jisoo! Just remember that you're my brother too." I told him and signalled to go back to our car for the rest of the business. As usual and careful as Jisoo was, he looked left and right making sure that there were no incoming threats charging against us and I couldn't help but noticed that various pepople standing by the different corners around us, protecting us from what might lie ahead of us. 

We got into the car and I tore the parcel's wrapper apart revealing the items inside. "Boss, all is set and ready to go. You just have to put on the headset and instruct through the set, directing what should the lad say, if needed. The rest, we will play by ear. Ilsuen is very experienced, he had done this many times and he knows what to do to get those footages you want. " Jisoo spelt out for me the entire plan. "Sure. Don't disappoint me." I replied. However, inside of me, I was dying. I was so scared that something bad might happen and that is really, I mean it, really the last thing I ever wanted. We were all 100 meters away from the hotel and if gunfire happens I'm just gonna pee in my pants. Well, in fact, I really do feel like now! But I had to keep my conposure, holding a blank face, and calm vibes to be given off from me. 

Moments later, a gunshot was heard coming from the hotel top level. It sounded like a ballon that burst in the air, so everyone on the ground floor just stood and looking up for the fallen balloon. But we know it all so well that it wasn't, it was a gunshot and with the binoculars given by Jisoo, I saw the blood that spattered all over the window which was quickly covered by one of the man with the black coloured curtains from the inside. "!" I shouted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter