Chapter 38 : Here Is Where I belong

Love still exists...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun's POV :

"4:33 AM" was glowing on my digital bedside clock. 

I grunted, "WHY!"

I had barely fell asleep from my late night thoughts about Joanne, I was thrilled the moment she expressed her interest in wanting to be home with me and to take this tough journey with me. I Know it's hard enough to digest everything but I'm thankful that she took a step of faith in believing that I'm innocent fo this saga. Nevertheless, rubbing my eyes as I stood up and get prepared to pick her up at the airport. 

"I hate time differences, why was this time zone thing even created in the first place..." I complaint to myself, obviously, and made my way to the bathroom for a quick shower. 

As soon as the water splashed against my face, I remembered that there were some errands to run! "!" I grunted and hissed loudly at myself. 

"How can I possibly forget this! IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER!" I pulled my own hair, instantly regretted that I took my own sweet time in getting out of bed, and dilly dallied my way to the bathroom and be prepared for the arrival of Jo. 

In a lightning speed, I was done with my bathroom routines and scrambled my way through and into my walk-in closet. For the first time, I'm fully confused on what I should wear to meet my wife. For the first time, every other outfit I picked out, I just can't seemed to imagined them on me at all. They are just off. I spent a good 10-minutes thinking of my airport fashion look to pick my wife up. It was more ridiculous than I ever imagined. I never really cared much about the clothes I wear because most of them time I looked pretty good in them, but this is no joke! 

The moment I stepped out of my room, I shivered a little when the cold air slaps across my face.
I quickly job towards my car that is parked right outside the gates of my parent's house. 

"Brr.... Why does it had to be so cold on this day! It was warm yesterday."  I mumbled in annoyance. 

I started the car and the heater started warming up, I became a little less intensed. 
Relaxing my grip on the steerring wheel, I let out a silent yawn, I shook my head as an indication I have to bbe awake and be focused on the road. 

"Oh 맞아 (ma-ja)! The flowers!" Suddenly remember what I had missed out.

Looking around the streets where not a single souls was strolling along, what more for a lighted up store at 5:15am in the morning. 
I drove to a point of the sidewalk and made a temporary parking, taking out my phone, looked at it for a while and processing the thought of what keyword I shoudl be using at this ungodly hour. Finally, I keyed in 'Flower markerts'. 

"Bingo!" An excitement left the corner of my lips. 

Moving my index finger up and down, I did a little swearing on the inside of my heart because all the markets are at least 30 mins drive away from where I am and not to mention, 45 mins drive to the airport. I can't afford the distance and the time. Placing my fingers ar the nib of my nose in between my eyes, I have them rolled under the lids, "Okay, there goes nothing! I will be late. But at least I could buy some time since she needs to go through the customs and collection of her luggages."

I stepped on the pedal and increased the speed of the car on the road, htting the max at 100km/h and 120km/h on the expressway. 

That's the max I can go without being brought to the police station and missed the flight totally.
WIth the speed I am driving at, the 30-min ride has now become 20 mins, this gave me the extra 10 mins to look for a decent 'florist' to help me prepare the flower. 
I didn't care wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter