Chapter 41 : Dinner Means Family Bond

Love still exists...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joanne's POV : 

"Hmmmm..... Smells so delicious!!!" Baekhyun said with both his hands clapped together in excitement! "OMG! Mouthwatering! We should really come home for dinner more often." Kris added and Ajummah walked in with bowls of soup, "Yea! I'll be delighted to whip up many nice meals for you dears! Tangsuyuk? I remember they are your favourite!" She said patting Minseokie oppa's head and he flashed her with his gummy smile and a 짱 (jjang) thumbs up. 

"Would really love that Ajummah!" Minseok said with food in his mouth and adding more into it. "I missed it so much!" Adding on while sipping a mouthful of soup. "Arhhh~" Chanyeol shouted in pain, sticking his tongue out and fanning it with his hands. "천천히 (Cheoncheonhi)" Ajummah laughed at him like a clown had just performed a trick for her. "Hahahaha!!" We, too, laughed at the poor guy for making such an amateur mistake. 

"Yah! Stop it guys! It's not funny!!" Chanyeol retorted like a 5 year-old child being laughed at at the playground. "Okay okay... Let's stop laughing at Chanyeol hyung." Sehun tamed everyone down while still laugh himself. Chanyeol didn't care about what the rest and gobbled the rice down his throat hoping that it will bring the scalded tongue slightly better. 

Still smiling at what happened, Sehun picked up his chopsticks and took a piece of vegetables, placing it on top of So Young's rice. While we were laughing, he noticed that she was quieter than usual, not picking up any culteries for food comsumption, but to simply look at us and how funny we acted. His little gesture of urging her to dig in, brought warmth inside of me. Even though they has s short hsitory together, he knew that she was still important to me, important to the family. His kindness was something I always loved, I looked at Sehun and gave him a gratitude smile. "Come, take some food." I further urged So Young. She smiled wholeheartedly and finally picked up her spoon to scope a mouthful of rice. 

Soon, every plate was wiped out and they are sparkling clean, looking as if they were brand new or newly washed. That was how exaggerating we were when Ajummah cooks for us. We literally '' up all the gravy we can possible see on left on the plate, not a drip was wasted. "Wonderful! I'm the happiest tonight!" Ajummah displayed her contentment in her words and started cleaning up with the other 2 fellow helpers under her care. 

"I will bring out fruits later for you!" The younger Ajummah said. "There is tea too!" The youngest Ajummah winked at me. "Ah Yes!" Having my palm made into a fist and pulled back in victory. "My favourite?" I shouted acrossed the dining room, and got a unseen nod from her. 

After the dinner, the boys became more opened up to So Young once again. Kris walked beside her with his hands on her shoulders just like when we were little, guiding her to the living room where the entertainment awaits us. As I looked from behind, I smiled to myself, getting caught my husband who jumped next to me giving my a fright momentarily. 

I lightly hitted his hands on my shoulders and scrunched my face into a semi-ugly and funny face as a form of my displease towards him. He pinched my nose, "귀엽다 (gwiyeobda)!" He grinned at me before releasing his hold on me. He rushed in front of me, stopping my tracks and planted a playful kiss on my lips. Before I could react to his actions, he was a few feet away from me, sticking his tongue out like he got a victory for ambusing me for such an act. 

"Yah, yah!" I shouted and made a chase after him. I ran as fast as I could and did a final leap and got on his back. Almost naturally, he sort of knew I was gonna do that he instinctly turned it into a piggyback. "Hey! The two of you behind! Spare a thought for us! WE ARE LONELY CREATURES living in the same atmosphere and environment as you both right now!" Words of jealousy accidentally spilled out of my brother's mouth and Jongdae too the chance to bring a mockery to him. 

"No! WE are the lonely ones, Kris." Pointing his index fingers are the true lonely people, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Lay, Minseok and himself. "That's right, you still have her..." Lay pointed at Naeun. "Me?" Acting like she don't know anything. Sehun and I laughed at her reaction and how red my brother's face was when Jongdae and Lay sneakily pulled the triggering point between the two.

"Annoying..." Kris whispered as he sat down on the sofa with the remote control in this hands, switching on to the TV c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter