Chapter 42 : A Fight Without Injury

Love still exists...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minseok's POV : 

7:30 AM

"Alright! it's D-day! I'm so pinning you down for the wrong you have done! YJB even though it means to lose my contract." I pointed at myself in the mirror resembling someone of a higher authority speaking. But really, all I needed was encouragement for this golfing day with him. "Baek! Are you coming today or what?" I said over the phone the moment it got through and a sleepy voice took over the ringing tone. Baekhyun groaned in annoyance and whined, "Hyung... It's only 7:30 AM in the morning. Your session don't start until 9 AM." 

Reminding the sleepy lad that it takes an hour and thirty minutes to get there, I could picture him jumping out of his bed as he shouted into the phone, "무슨 소리야?  (musuen soliya?), !" That was the last thing I heard from him before muzzling noises and slamming of doors filled my ears. I knew exactly what he was doing and ended the call. 

"엄마! (Eomma) I'm leaving now!" I shouted to gain my mom's attention from the kitchen. Despite running to decently good enterprise, our family has chose to live in an apartment instead. My mom prefers doing things by herself, otherwise she would complain that she has become an useless old lady, sitting around all day and contributing nothing much to the family while dad and I run around all day to put food on the table and for living. Yes, when I was younger, before high school if I remembered correctly, we had a helper that comes by everyday to prepare 반찬 (banchan) with mom to tell them at the store we run just at the corner of our house while dad runs around in the insurance industry. As time passes by, more people are patronising our 반찬 store, and dad had saved up enough to start an official 반찬 company, and named it as 'MJ Food and Beverage Enterprise'. It's the initials combination of me and my sister. Today, here we are. One of the largest F&B company in Korea, all thanks to the man and woman who worked hard all her life for us. 

"Minseokkie, aren't you having breakfast today?" She asked in concerns. I shook my head and moved towards the door to put on my shoes. "I have a golf session with the CEO of Yang Enterprise today. Sorry mom, I must have forgotten to inform you." I looked at her apologetically. "It's okay! Give 엄마 5 mins!" She rushed and disappeared in between the walls of the apartment.  "Here son! Take this and eat it in the car." She jogged out with a well-packed bento pack and placing it in front of my eyes. "엄마" I uttered, not knowing what else can be said. I took over the bento pack and gave her a tight squeeze, "잘 먹었습니다!" I whispered and release her from my embrace and headed out of the house. 

The journey didn't seem like 1.5hrs long. Maybe I had sucessfully distracted myself from the delicious food my mom prepared for me during the journey. However, someone else didn't enjoy that quite much as I did. As I alighted from my car with my assistance picking up the rest of the equipment from the boot, I saw a clumsy man rushing towards the main entrance of the club house. Baekhyun has his shirt collar up and buttons all over the places except the right button holes. "Look at you! What a wonderful piece of art work here." I teased the panting lad whilst I approached him. "Stop it hyung! I'm really having a hard time now. Look! This just wont fit properly!!!" In anguish, he spoke whilst fumbling his through the line of buttons sewed on his shirt. "Aish! Come here!" I commanded the little boy, the lad had given up and walked towards me with his hands by his sides. Straightened his collar and his shirt for him and within minutes he is ready to meet the 'real' boss' of the day. 

"Whoo! Hyung, you have such delicate hands for my clothes! Why don't you come help me dress up e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter