020

Marriage Bites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Time [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Mi Na's POV

Later that Week

I sat down in front of my father's desk as he looked over some papers that he had. "You called me?" I asked as I looked around his office.

I was barely in his office and he didn't let anyone inside when he isn't in the house not even the maids or butlers.

"Ne. I needed to talk to you about something," he said as he took a final look at the papers before neatly organizing them and placed them into a folder. He opened a drawer in his desk and placed that folder inside it before closing his drawer. He looked up to me and smiled as he placed his elbows on the desk and rested his chin on top of the back of his hands.

"W-What?" I asked confused and a little shyly.

"Nothing. I'm just admiring how beautiful my daughter is," he smirked. "Aish... appa! You're making me self-conscious,"

"None sense," he waved his hands as he leaned back in his desk chair. I cleared my throat as I looked towards the window.

He sighed before standing up and walking towards the window into my line of vision. "So... now for the serious business," he said as he glanced out to the setting sun.

Myungdae should be home by now...

"It's time that I tell you what are you destined to do,"

"Destined to do? What do you mean? Is this some other myth or something?" I asked. "Mi Na..." he sighed as he turned to look at me. His stare said it all. He was being dead serious. I gulped as I shifted in my seat and continued to listen to my father.

"I know that you heard about those double doors that are down the hall from my office right?" he said. "Y-yeah,"

"Well... legends goes that there is an evil spirit trapped in there. You're Uncle..." he choked as he turned around to wipe away a stray tear. I knew that the subject of his late older brother was very touchy and no one ever talked about it because my father his older brother were like two peas in a pod. They were so close that when my Uncle became the king he invited my father to stay with him for ever how long he wished.

When my uncle had to go to China for a meeting, my father went along with him. That's how he met my mother. She was there at the meeting because it was a meeting for the elite.

"You're Uncle was the one who trapped it. Because that very spirit was after your cousin believing that she was the chosen one. The one destined to become one of the most powerful vampires in existence. But your uncle knew that that wasn't the case at all. That evil spirit was sent by an evil witch wanting revenge so she lied to the spirit telling it to attack and kill her so she could have the upper hand on your uncle,"

"But what did Uncle do so wrong?" I asked wondering what was the real cause of my uncles death.

"Many years before the Great War, your uncle as everyone knew him, was the King of all Vampires. Ruler of the region the most powerful vampire to ever exist. Yet your uncle was under great pressure. He had so many followers humans and vampires alike. Even fairies and Angels were on our side. They supported King Cha Min Jae. Under his rule, there was order and peace. But on that fateful day, a witty witch challenged your Uncle. She wanted to test his true power,"

My father paced back and forth between his desk and the window. He would pause from time to time to recall the memories from long ago.

"He of course accepted. Being not only just the King but as the second oldest, he never back down from a challenge," chuckled my Father. But I could see the crease on his forehead start to form. I knew he was about to frown.

"So they battled... and of course Min Jae won the fight fair and square but that witch couldn't accept the fact she lost. Everyone thought she was just an ordinary witch. Boy were we wrong,"

"What do you mean she wasn't an ordinary witch?" I asked confused.

"She was a Black Witch. One of the most powerful Black Witches of her time. So... she attempted to curse your uncle and his family but thanks to a White Witch that was on our side she blocked the curse. So then that Black Witch sent an evil spirit looking for revenge. She misinformed the evil spirit and sent it to the mansion. I was taken aback... it was nothing like I have ever witnessed in my life," my father shook his head as he looked down.

"What was it like?"

"It looked human. But it was far from it. It's eyes glowed red, its skin a sick pale color. White hair and its clothes tattered I will never forget how it spoke," shuttered my father. "How did it speak?"

"It's voice... was raspy, it sounded like it was far,"

I looked him confused. "You'll see," he nodded as he went towards the doors. "What do you mean?" I stood up.

"You're going to face it now. It's time,"

"B-But dad!" I shrieked shocked at the sudden action. "No buts Mi Na it's now or never,"

He opened the door and suddenly Soo Young, Soo Min, Ye Eun and Ye Jun stumbled inside the office. "A-Appa," Soo Young said embarrassed as she looked at our father in the eyes.

"Out the way,"

"B-But... Appa," started Ye Eun. "Listen... this is Mi Na's duty. And her's only. No one is to interfere understand?"

"Ne," they all chimed gulping down the lump that might have been forming in their throats. I sighed through my nose because I wasn't ready for this. I wasn't told about this until now. How could I suddenly face something that is supposed to be powerful.

"Mi Na," my father said turning around to face me. "Ne," I squeaked.

He sighed. "It took your uncle great energy to trap this spirit. It also took a lot of help from White Witches and Fairies. But I think you can handle it. I didn't train you this hard and far for nothing. So please don't disappoint me," he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter