009

Marriage Bites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Umma? [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

After fooling around for a while we grew tired.

Soon Ye Jun announced that we would head back home since everyone were tired and some need to do their schedules.

Everyone packed up and headed out to the SUVs.

Like the night before, I was stuck between Luhan and Baekhyun.

But the ride back was full of laughter and fun.

"YA! come on you guys!" whined Soo Min as he was laughing so hard.

"You're such a big baby," laughed Soo Young

 

After a few more hours of driving we finally made it home. It was already dark out and most of us were fast asleep.

"We're home!" sang Ye Jun as he put the car in park.

I woke Luhan and Baekhyun.

"Wake up! We're home," I said shaking them awake.

We all unloaded our stuff and  walked towards the front. But Ye Jun, Soo Min and Mi Hoon abruptly stopped which made me crash into Donghae's back.

"Ow. Mian," I said as I rubbing my forehead.

"Gwenchanayo?" asked Donghae as he inspected my forehead.

"Ne,"

"Mian. My back is rock solid," he said smirking.

"YA!" yelled Luhan and Baekhyun in unison.

"I wasn't flirting," he said and turned back around.

"What's going on? We're tired!" I said

"Hold on," said Ye Jun

The maids and butlers came running out and grabbed all of our luggage out of our hands.

"Took them long enough," I whispered.

Ye Jun and Soo Min lead the way in.

"Can we all head to the living room first?" asked Ye Jun

"Sure but why?" asked Minho

"Just something," said Mi Hoon

I was starting to grew suspicious of my brothers. Even Soo Young and Ye Eun were acting weird.

What exactly is going on?

We all walked in and sat down. I sat on the floor next to the two big idiots.

Soon my parents walked in.

They both looked out of it.

My mom even looked like she was crying.

"Umma... what's wrong?" I asked. All eyes were on my mom.

"You'll see," she said as she sniffled.

I sighed. Baekhyun grabbed my hand. Luhan placed his hand on my knee.

Just then a really tall young guy came walking into the living room. It grew eerily quiet. All eyes on him.

He kind of looked like me. The same facial features and hair. But he was freakishly tall and slender.

"Umm... everyone this is...," 

My father paused.

"Shin Myung Dae," he finished.

"Shin Myung Dae?" I asked. Why did the name sound so... wait... could it be?

But that was impossible...

"Ne. Shin Myung Dae -iminda," he said bowing. He seemed nervous. I tried scanning his mind but I was blocked out. 

Yup a vampire... but could he really be my son?

Everyone looked at him questionly as he simply just stood there.

"Soo... what brings you here?" asked Leeteuk obviously taking charge like a leader should.

My parents sat down in their usual place. The maids brought Myung Dae a chair to sit as well.

"Urm... Mrs. Cha asked to come today even though I moved to Japan yesterday," he said

"You moved to Japan from where?" asked Shindong curiously

"China,"

"What? Why?" asked multiply people

"Because my dad had left me that house in Japan along with the one in China. But I wanted to visit Japan so since he had a house there, I took advantage and decided to move there instead," he said

"Who was your father?" asked Donghae

"Shin Jun Hae," he answered as he looked down

"Oh. I don't know him," said Tao sitting back.

"Wait... how long have you lived in China?" asked Henry

"Almost all my life. I know I probably lived in Korea before then,"

"How old are you?" questioned Key

"I'm 406 years old," 

"Woah... you're really young!" exclaimed Sehun

"Ne. I still have much to learn, but no one to teach me," he said looking down again

I felt bad for him. But I really wasn't sure if he was my son.

I didn't get that motherly insist like a lot of mothers claim to have for their offspring.

"What do you mean?" asked Siwon this time

"My father died about 150 years ago. I don't know what has become of my mother," he said

"Myung Dae-ah, that is why I wanted to bring you here," said mother. She looked like she was about to cry... again

"What do you mean Mrs. Cha?" he asked curious. I swear I saw a sparkle of hope in his eyes.

"I-I'm... your..." my mom paused 

Everyone had their eyes glued on her.

She cleared and wiped her eyes with the tissue that the maids brought in. She straightened out and spoke again

"I'm your grandmother," she said

His eyes were wide. Everyone snapped their necks towards him and back to mother.

"W-Whatl? Grandmother?" he said taken back

"Yes,"

"So who is my mother?" he said looking towards the three of us; the only girls in the room besides the maids and mother.

Soo Young and Ye Eun both stood up, shocking everyone.

"Which of you?" asked Myung Dae to the both of them.

"No, we're your aunts," they said smiling as they walked over to him as they went on either side and stood him up.

Soo Min and Ye Jun both stood up now and pulled me up with them since I was between Soo Min's legs as always.

"This is your mother and we're your uncles," said Soo Min smiling as Mi Hoon stood up as well.

I didn't know what to say, obviously I was in shock. He looked more shocked then I did, but what shocked me even more was the next thing he did; he hugged me.

I thought he was going to be angry and throw a fit, but he hugged me tightly.

"U-Umma. You don't even know how much I've missed you. I could never remember you and father never talked about you. He didn't even have a picture of you," he said crying into my shoulder.

I felt bad. I really didn't know what to do, but I wrapped my arms around him as he started sobbing. He tighten his grip around me as he continued to cry into my shoulder. I lightly patted his shoulder as I noticed that he really was taller than me, typical.

The heck why is everyone taller than me! Even my own son.

"Shhh It's okay. I'm sorry for not being there as you grew up. I'm sorry that I couldn't remember you either," I said

"You couldn't remember me?" he asked pulling away a little as he still had his arms wrapped around me.

"No. I don't know if your father told you but... I went into a coma when you were really young. I've only recovered some of my memory in the 200 years since I've woken up," I said

This time he really did pull away.

"How long were you in a coma for?"

"200 years," I replied.

"So I was only six years old then. Which in vampire termonology... I was basically still a toddler. Learning only the basics of vampire society, but then why couldn't I remember you if I was six? Because at that age we all have incredible memory," he said

"That was because your father was a dark vampire. Therefore his natural born is erasing thoughts. In this case he didn't want you to remember your mother because he thought it would be useless to care of her since she was in coma. So he divorced her even though she was in that state. He cared for her because she's powerful but once she became weak... he believed that there wasn't a chance of her surviving so he gave up and took you along,"  Ye Eun explained.

"He wiped my memory? I've always known that, that was his ability but I didn't think he would use it on me," he said looking down

I grabbed his hands.

"Myung Dae-ah its okay. Now you know that you have me," I said smiling. Now that motherly insist was kicking in, I recognized my son after so long.

Everyone started clapping and cheering.

"But you have to met someone first okay?" I said

"Alright... Umma," he said

----

Myung Dae's POV

Saying the word 'Umma' was still foreign to him. He didn't know if he should call her that but after all that is his mother.

I wonder who I have to met? A sister? A brother?

She mentioned for someone to come over as they stood up and walked over. Myung Dae watched them as they came over; he was pretty tall, but not as tall as him.

"Myung Dae-ah, this... is Byun Baekhyun. Your... step-father," said Mi Na

"Step-father?" he questioned.

So his mother was already remarried, but it figures. Why would she stay single for so long?

"Hello," he said bowing formally

"Hello. Byun Baekhyun-iminda. I guess I am a step-father now huh?" he said laughing as he rubbed the back of his neck

He stood there, not knowing what to do.

"But... I don't want to be awkward between us... so you can call me by my name if you wish. Or you can call me father. I don't mind," he said

Baekhyun seemed really cool. Myung Dae wondered if he could really get along with him. He didn't have anything against his mother or her remarrying. What he was worried about though was that Baekhyun may see him differently.

"Okay," was all he could say.

"Okay so why don't we sit down and get to know our new family member?" asked one of the many guys in the living room.

"By the way, I'm Max or Changmin however you want to call me and I'm your mother's Guardian,"

"So am I. I'm U-Know or Yunho," they both bowed 

"Guardian?" he asked 

"Yes. Your guardian is well... Donghae," said Yunho

"Donghae?" he questioned e wasn't sure what they were talking about.

"Well... even though he hasn't been doing a good job, he has kept watch of you. If you don't know guardians are picked by the parents of child. Mi Na and Jun Hae picked Donghae as he was a really close family friend," 

"Oh,"

"Hello," bowed Donghae  

"H-Hello," he bowed back.

He was taken back but he was grateful that everyone accepted him without questions.

Soon after everyone introduced themselves to him. He was shocked that there were so many names to learn and remember. But with his superior memory it wasn't much.

"Myung Dae-ah, what do you like to do?" asked Sehun

"I like playing sports and traveling," he answered

"Oh really. What do like playing?" asked Kris

"I like basketball and baseball," 

"Ah maybe we can play a few rounds of basketball if you want," said Kris

"Alright," he smiled

"You're just like your mother. She loves sports even though lately she hasn't played," said Ye Jun

"Umma what do you like to play?" he asked curious of his newly found mother

"Tennis, Volleyball, ice skating, and swimming," she said smiling

"Woah. You must really talented," he said already feeling proud of his mother

"Ne. She was always first place in whatever you would compete in," said Soo Young

He had always wondered what having a family really meant. Now he knows. He has loving aunts and uncles as well as loving Grandparents. But he worries that his step-father, Baekhyun, will take a while to adjust to him. Along with s and fellow artists.
---

Mi Na's POV

After the whole introduction of Myung Dae, everyone decided to go upstairs to get some sleep. It was about 11 o'clock when just about everyone fell asleep.

I decided to go to Myung Dae's room. 

I knocked on the door and opened slightly. I was worried that he was already fast asleep.

"Come in," I heard him say

I opened the door wider and walked in. I closed the door behind me and I found him sitting on his bed as he was looking at something on his phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter