Reasons

Put to an End

Sehun's POV:

If you think about it, there's a reason or reasons to almost everything. Like, how we're born, why we feel certain things, etc. So my question is, did my mom even have a reason as to why she did what she did? It partly doesn't matter any more because since I'm older, I know why she did that. If I think about it, she didn't really have to tell me why because I was able to figure it out anyway. If that's even what she intended. But if you really think about it, she should have gave me a reason. It didn't matter how old, how dumb, or how little I was. She should've told me why. Even if the truth hurts.

The fair. My mom took me to the fair. Has my mom gone mad? Did she have permission? My mother almost never took me anywhere because she knows that she's not allowed to. Especially when where she's taking me involves fun.

Who you may ask does she need permission from? The answer, my father. I will tell you more about him later on. Oh how long that conversation will last. My father is a very, hmm..... How can I say this? Well, he really plays a huge part in my life. Just so you know, that doesn't mean he plays a good or bad part in my life.

My mom didn't talk to me during the ride to the fair. I didn't dare talk because I felt that it wasn't my place to ask questions. She should have told me where we were going. For I would have been able to do something about it that time. I always looked over to her trying to get her to take a hint, but she just smiled and ruffled my hair. I know now, that I shouldn't have kept my ignorant mouth shut.

My mom took my hand and pulled me out of the car with her. I didn't move. I didn't budge. I wasn't going to leave the car without an explanation. I deserved an explanation. She gave me an explanation alright. But, I didn't say it was the truth.

I finally spoke to her. "Why are we here?" My mother thought about what she was gonna say. I know now that she was thinking up a lie in her mind. A lie that I fell right into. "Sehun, don't you want to have fun. Especially with your own mother?" she said. I was surprised at this answer, but something inside of me broke open that made me listen to what she was saying. "I took the day off today just so I can have fun with you. So come on, let's go have fun." She took my hand and pulled me out of the car again. This time I didn't refuse. I know now what broke open inside of me. It was a longing inside of me that I never had until that day. It was the longing for love. My own mother's love.

Kim Shin Yeong's POV:

Why? That's a question asked everyday, every minute, every second. It's one of the most asked questions. It's also the question I've been keeping in my mind for a long time. Why did my mom do that? Why couldn't she do it on another day? Why was it so easy for her to do? And most of all, Why did she do that to me?

"Thank you so very mush unnie!!!!" I was opening presents now and I completely attacked my sister in a bear hug. My sister was one of the people very dear to me. She was different than most older sisters. Most older sisters were mean and brats towards their younger siblings. My sister was never once like that. She loved me very much. I once heard that she had an asthma attack due to her over excitedness when she found out that she was having a baby sister. Even after that, she still couldn't calm herself down. I loved hearing this story because it makes me feel special. 

She gave me countless toys that year. Of course she did. From dolls, to doll houses, to tea party sets, she gave it all. My favorite gift from her was the most precious. I still own it to this day and I always have it with me. It's a heart shaped locket. Inside were two photos. One of me and one of her. When she gave it to me she told me that when we open the locket, the two photos will be separate. When you close the locket, the photos will be together and therefore we will always be together. 

Throughout the day my mother never left my side. She scolded me when I ate too much sweets or helped me when my dress got dirty. She acted really strange towards me. At random times she would go up to me and envelope me in a billion hugs and kisses. I used to hate it when she did it in public where my friends could see and make fun of me. Now that I think back to that memory, I wish she did it even more and I wouldn't have cared at all what anyone else thought.