Fathers

Put to an End

Sehun's POV:

You're all probably wondering about my father. Where to start.....let's see. Well, I guess I should just tell you guys about him.

Like I said before, I come from a rich family. My father owns one of the best music companies in the country. Now, my father is a very successful man. Everyone sees him as a kindhearted successful soul. I know for one thing that he's successful, but I don't know about kindhearted.

My father may treat his co-workers and everyone else at the company with kindness and respect, but it's the total opposite with me. The same goes with my mother.

He would never let me or my mother go anywhere unless we tell him first. You're probably thinking that he just wants to make sure that we're safe and all. But no, the one thing my father cares about is his image. How people view him, their opinions and thoughts about him, and more. He doesn't want his image ruined because of us. Perfect life, perfect job, perfect family. That's people's intake of him. My father doesn't respect me, even though as a child I very much did. Well, for a short while anyway. He doesn't let me have fun or have any friends over. It's as if he wished I never existed in the first place. All this adds up to me hating my own father. My hatred for him still exists to this day. 

I feel like my mom suffers the most. Whenever my mom goes somewhere without telling him, he always finds out. Then when he arrives from work, he yells at her through the night, while I listen in my my room with fear. Sometimes he would go to the extremes by beating her. Sometimes a belt or sometimes with his own hands. I never knew why they ended up being together. When I was little, I would always see red marks on the backs of her arms and legs. She would always assure me that she was alright, but I always knew she wasn't.

When my mom left, I knew why. It's all because of my father. It's all because of him that she left. She wanted to leave that day she took me to the fair. That's why she took me there. She wanted to make our last day together count. I understand that, but what I don't understand is why she couldn't take me with her. 

Ever since my mom left me, I gradually started to hate her. I hated her for leaving me. Leaving me with just my father.

Kim Shin Yeong's POV:

My father....what a story his life shall be.

My father owns a huge jewelry company. That's why it's so easy for my sister and I to get jewelry. When we were little, my dad would spoil us a lot. I used to love being spoiled. But that was the only way he showed his love to us.

My dad cares about money, fame, fortune, the company, and basically all his success in life. He's rarely at home and when we try to spend time with him, he's doing work or talking to someone from the company. He acts as if my sister and I are figurines. Just there and not worth spending time with everyday of his life. He'd rather talk to men in suits than take us the the zoo. 

Let's fast forward to a time after my mom left us. About ten years later I guess, so I was fifteen. There was a school field trip coming up and the permission slip was due that day. I never had the chance to let my dad sign it. I really needed it so I went to the company myself to get his signature.

I asked around for my father and was lead to a certain floor. I was told to go to a certain room. I was about to knock when I heard voices. Two voices, one of my father, and one of a woman. I peeked through the door and listened to what they were saying. My father told her happy anniversary. He said that it was already eleven years since they've been together.

Eleven years, so a year before my mom left, my father's been cheating on her. I guess my mom found out. That's probably why she left. That's the only possible reason to me. Do you know what was the worst part of that day I saw my father with another woman? He proposed to her. Right there, right then, and I witnessed it. Of course, she said yes. That woman became my step mother. A stereotype step mother to be precise. That day was another event added to my misery.