Admit

Put to an End

Shin Yeong's POV:

 
It was the end of the day. I haven't talked to Sehun ever since lunch and he hasn't talked to me since then either. I was at my locker, loading my backpack with things I'll need later at home.
 
"Unnie," someone said behind me. I turned around to see one of my friends. She had a bewildered expression on her face.
 
"Yeah?" I said. Her face became even more bewildered.
 
"I've been calling your name for a while and now you answer back?" she said.
 
"Sorry," I said. "I didn't hear you." She began to look at me more closely, trying to figure out what I'm thinking about. I doubt she'll be able to guess it right.
 
"Something's up with you today," she said. "Unnie, is something wrong?" Her face had a worried expression.
 
"Nothing's wrong," I lied. "I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me."
 
"Hmm," she said. "Is it a boy?" I blushed when I heard her say boy. She immediately saw me blush. She gasped then started jumping up and down.
 
"It is! It is!" she squealed. "Who is it?! Who stole my unnie's heart?!" 
 
"Shhhhh!!" I whispered. We were surrounded by a few people, but that doesn't mean she could shout. 
 
"Sorry," she whispered. She grabbed my arm and dragged me into a janitor's closet. 
 
"Who is it?!" she squealed. 
 
"It's not a boy," I said. I crossed my arms and looked away. But unfortunately, I happened to blush again. Shoot..
 
"Stop lying unnie," she said. "Come on, spill!" I looked at her. She was trying to work her aegyo on me again. I sighed and shook my head.
 
"Fine," I said. "I'll tell you."
 
"Yassss!" she screamed.
 
"But," I said.
 
"But what?!?!" she yelled in annoyance. 
 
"Let's talk somewhere else," I said. I pinched my nose at the smell of the janitor's closet. She nodded vigorously and we both exited the closet.
 
Sehun's POV:
 
The end of the school day, at last. I finished packing my backpack and made my way towards the exit of the school. I exited school and made my way down the steps.
 
I looked to my left and saw Shin Yeong being half dragged half led down the steps by one of her friends. When they were nearing the end of the steps, her friend let go of her arm and jumped down the last few steps. Shin Yeong wasn't expecting that to happen and lost her footing. She let out a scream. I ran to her and caught her in my arms before she could hit the ground.
 
Shin Yeong's eyes were closed tight. Her hands were grabbing onto my shirt. She slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes widened at the sight me of me. We stood like that for a while until her friend cleared in front of us.
 
Shin Yeong immediately let go of my shirt and released herself from my hold. Seeing her flustered was actually pretty cute. Wait, what am I saying? Shin Yeong was staring at the ground. I didn't know what else to do, so I bowed and hurriedly started off towards home.
 
Shin Yeong's POV:
 
I stood staring the the ground for a while, until I noticed that Sehun left. I felt my face and noticed that it was really hot. I didn't know how to feel right now. I was glad Sehun saved me, but the fact that he saved me... I don't know exactly how to feel about that. 
 
My friend all of a sudden nudged my arm. I forgot that she was there. Shoot, she's seen too much already. She probably has an idea or a lot of ideas going around in her mind right now. She looked at me weirdly for a moment. Then she took my arm and resumed leading me somewhere.
 
In a matter of minutes, we were at a cafe near our school. We sat at a table and a waiter approached us immediately. We both ordered something, then the waiter left to take care of our order. As we waited, my friend stared at me, waiting for me to talk.
 
"So unnie," she said. "How's it like working with Sehun?" At the sound of his name, I looked away from her. 
 
"It's okay," I said. "I mean, it was pretty awkward at first.." I don't know why, but I couldn't stop talking.
 
"It was pretty weird working with him at first. As we talked and got to know each other more, I've noticed that there's a lot that we have in common. I realized that he's no different than me. And when I got to know him more, I started to feel like I could tell him anything. I felt like, in a way, we can both help each other."
 
"Sehun seems awfully quiet and extremely shy at first, but once you get to know him, he'll start opening up to you. He'll talk more and express his feelings more. Sehun is actually a great person. He's really caring when he wants to be. He's just a person that keeps his feelings inside of him more than expressing them-" 
 
I paused for a moment, realizing that I've been talking for a quite a while now. I looked to my friend and saw that she was crying. Huh? Why was she crying? 
 
"What's wrong?" I asked her.
 
"Nothing," she responded in between sniffles. "It's just that when you talk about him, you sound like you really really like him. But the thing is, you haven't admitted it to yourself yet."
 
"That's why you're crying?" I asked.
 
"That and I'm also crying cuz my unnie has fallen in love!" she said. Oh, she's crying tears of joy then? I laughed, then she gradually started to laugh too. After our laughter died down, she resumed talking.
 
"But seriously unnie," she said. "You really do like him. And I won't leave this cafe until you finally admit it to yourself." She crossed her arms and pouted. 
 
I thought about it for a moment. When I was talking about him earlier, I couldn't help thinking that my friend was right. The way I talked about him was how a girl would talk about her crush. I also realized that when I was talking about him, I kept on smiling. Is this enough evidence to prove that I like him?
 
Just then, our order came. We ate and drank together until we finished everything. As I ate, I thought about it some more. When the waiter came with out bill, we split the bill in half and each payed our half. When we finished paying, my friend looked to me like she was expecting something from me.
 
"Well?" she asked me. I looked to her, a smile slowly forming on my face.
 
"I can't believe it," I said. "You're right."
 
"Say it!!" she squealed.
 
"I like Sehun." I admitted. I smiled and blushed uncontrollably.
 
~ Hello readers! I meant to update sooner, but I had an essay and a project I had to do for school, hehe. Anyways, hope u guys liked this update. I'll try updating again next week. On a side note, tomorrow's my birthday! I'll be 14 tomorrow! Hehe XDD