Focus

Put to an End

Sehun's POV:

I walked into class and went straight to my seat, just like I always did. But this time, many thoughts were swimming around in my head. 
 
The dream I woke up from this morning was still fresh in my memory. Why did I have that dream? Lately, I've been feeling really weird and doing many things out of impulse. Why am I feeling this way? What exactly am I feeling?
 
The final bell rang. My eyes landed on Shin Yeong's desk. She wasn't in her seat. Shin Yeong was late. Slowly, everyone else began to notice her absence. Shin Yeong? Late? None of us could believe it. 
 
Apparently the teacher wasn't here yet, which meant that she bought herself some time. Come on Shin Yeong. As far as I know, she has never been tardy nor absent from school. Will today be the day she will finally break that record?
 
Just then, we heard running footsteps in the hallway. We all turned our heads toward the door. And none other than Shin Yeong came barging in. 
 
Everyone stared at her, silence overcoming everyone. Shin Yeong quickly went to her seat. When she was walking to her seat, it felt like she was trying to avoid someone's eyes. 
 
I couldn't help thinking why she was late. Did she perhaps arrive home late last night? Aish, I should've just came up with an excuse and walked her home last night. Wait, what am I saying? I shook my head. 
 
Just then, the teacher walked in. She said her apologies for arriving later than usual and immediately started her lesson for the day. 
 
As she conducted her lesson, my eyes kept going from her to Shin Yeong. Like I couldn't focus on the lesson and that my only focus was Shin Yeong.
 
Shin Yeong then swiftly looked over her shoulder. Her eyes briefly met mine, then immediately looked away. It was as if she was caught doing something she couldn't do. 
 
I mentally told myself to stop thinking about Shin Yeong and try to make sense of the lesson that's being taught to us. For the remaining of class, I focused more on the lesson instead of Shin Yeong. But that doesn't mean I stopped thinking about her completely...
 
Shin Yeong's POV:
 
The bell rang for lunch. I immediately got up from my seat and walked to the cafeteria. I wasn't looking where I was going and slammed right into someone's back. 
 
"Sorry," I apologized. I looked up at the person I just slammed right into. My eyes widened at the sight of Sehun. The exact person I was trying to avoid, just had to be the person I slammed right into. What luck...
 
For a moment, Sehun just stared at me. Then he nodded that it was okay. Just a nod? It confuses me how much someone can change in one night. Last night Sehun was acting weird, but weird in a good way. Right now he's still acting weird, but a different kind of weird. 
 
Last night he seemed like he worried about and cared for me. Now, it seemed like last night was just a dream. Was last night really just a dream? It didn't seem possible..
 
Sehun then bowed and made his way towards a door leading out of the building. He was probably gonna sit at his tree. Was he even gonna eat lunch? I noticed that Sehun didn't eat lunch much. For some reason, that began to worry me. Aish, stop it Shin Yeong. 
 
I walked into the cafeteria and stood in line for lunch. Out of impulse, I began to grab two of what I usually get. I payed double of what I usually payed and walked out of the cafeteria, two trays in hand. What am I doing...
 
I exited the building and scanned the area for Sehun. I saw him sitting at the base of his tree, just where I expected him to be. He didn't notice me yet, which was good. I still didn't know how I'd approach him. Aish, I should've practiced or something before I came out here. 
 
I was about to face palm myself when I remembered that I had a tray of food in both hands. Unfortunately, I realized a little too late. An individual wrapped cookie fell to the ground. 
 
Aish, apparently that wrapper made a lot of sound when it fell to the ground. I was about to pick it up, hoping that Sehun didn't hear it. But then his eyes wandered over to me, signaling that I was too late and that I was caught.
 
"Shin Yeong?" Sehun said when he saw me. A look of surprise and shock was present on his face. Well, at least I don't have to think of a way to approach him anymore.
 
"Hi," I said. My eyes couldn't meet his. This was too embarrassing enough. I held out one of the trays of food. I looked up a little to see him with a confused look on his face. 
 
"I noticed that you didn't get lunch," I said. I set the tray on a nearby bench. I bowed and made my way back inside the building.
 
"It's okay, I don't normally-" Sehun began. I didn't get to hear the rest of what he was saying, as I was already inside the building. That wasn't cool Shin Yeong. If anything, that was truly one of the most embarrassing things you've ever did. Aish...
 
Sehun's POV:
 
I stared at the tray of food Shin Yeong left for me. I still couldn't believe it. Did Shin Yeong care about me? Shin Yeong's really been messing up my mind lately. 
 
Because of her, I don't know what to feel anymore. Because of her, I get confused. Because of her, I easily loose focus. Because of her, my life has been one big maze. 
 
I don't know why, but I all of sudden started smiling at the food of tray. I also found myself walking towards it and actually eating from it. As I ate, I couldn't help smiling again. Why do I keep smiling? Aish...
 
~ Hello readers! Hehe, don't you just feel like yelling at Sehun, "It's love! You're feeling that way cuz you love her!" Hehe, sometimes when I'm writing, I feel like telling him that myself. Hope you liked this update. I go back to school next week, so I might update again if I can. Gosh, two weeks do go by so fast, hehe.