Suffering: Part 2

Put to an End

Kim Shin Yeong's POV:

Suffering. Is that even a correct word for what I've been experiencing my whole life? My mother left me. Suffering. My father doesn't care about me. Suffering. My school life is completely hopeless. Suffering. Oh and to top it all off. What I'm mostly suffering for at this time in my life. I have a step mother.

Go ahead and laugh. Laugh at the cliche my life is like. And no, I'm not expecting some prince charming to show up and make everything feel better. And no, I'm not expecting to live happily ever after like a princess. Not even close. I have a step mother. Do I like her? No. I've been with her for about 8 or 9 years already. Not once have I ever liked her. Ever.

Evil step mother. Sure, she could be called that. Let me tell you one of the reasons why I hate her guts. She's middle class. No, I'm not like those snobby rich people that judges people on their class. I mean, her being middle class is pretty obvious why she's with my dad. For money.

I have no idea why my dad loves her. I wonder if he's that dense. I wonder if he even has a clue as to what she's been doing to him. I guess I can see why he does those things for her. I'm disgusted by my father. Yeah, my step mother. She's gorgeous.

From head to toe she's flawless. Beautiful. Enchanting. Mesmerizing. Out of this world. She can put any guy in a trance just by walking by. She's got a boat load of aegyo in her. That's why she can get whatever she wants, whenever she wants. She just has to work her charms and poof, she has a new designer purse. I hated her for doing that. 

I always talk with my father about how he's missing the whole point of being with her. But, he doesn't want to hear it. He even slammed the door in my face once. He even gave me silent treatment for a whole week. That didn't bother me, he hardly talks to me anyway. Him not talking to me is just average. My average horrible person of a father.

My step mother hate me. I actually don't care whether she like me or not. I hate her. She hates me. Fits like a puzzle. But, what I can't seem to understand is this. She completely adores my older sister.

They go shopping together. Eat out together. Girl talk together. I always find my sister talking about her nonstop. Don't get me wrong. I'm so not jealous. If anything, I feel sorry for my sister. She would talk about how she's so pretty and wonderful. I hate my sister for thinking this way about her. One day, my sister went too far. It was our first fight ever that day. That day wasn't a great day for the both of us.

My sister and I were in our room. I was working on an essay for school. She was on her phone. She was probably texting our step mother. You see, I always call my step mother different names. Behind her back, I'd call her Gold Witch. You know, since she's a gold digger and a witch. Whenever my father's home, I'd call her Ma'am. My father's fine with it. As long as I pay my respect to her, I'm good. But that day, my sister wanted to step up a little bit. My sister called her Ma'am too. She wanted to call her Mommy.

She brought it up while talking to me and I almost didn't catch it. 

"Hey you should come with Mommy and me when we go to the mall later on." she said.

I was so focused on my essay, but that focus was stopped completely by the word that just came out of .

"Mommy?" I was starting to get angry.

"Yeah. I think we should call her that now. She says that Ma'am makes her feel old. Plus it would make dad's day. Don't you think?" she said while smiling. I wasn't smiling. Not even a little bit. 

"How could you think of that?! Why would we call her Mommy?! We haven't even known her for 2 years and now we're gonna call her Mommy?!" I had it already. I already suffered by listening to her squealing about all the fun she's had with our step mom.

"Why? We should call her Mommy because she's been so nice to us." she said.

"Correction. She been nice to you! Do you even know how she treats dad?! She treats him like he's a portable ATM machine? Or more precisely she's a gold digger!" I was fuming. I couldn't control myself at the time. I didn't want my sister falling into my step mother's trap. 

You could probably guess how it progressed. My sister and I were at it for a while. We finally stopped when I stormed out of the room. I was so mad that I just left the house. It was such a miserable day for me. We've never fought like that before. Actually, we have never even fought before. I can tell my sister was a little shocked because she was a little unsure of her words when we were fighting. She didn't know how it would play out. As we fought, she became more into the argument, as well as me. 

What happened next took me by surprise. I was so shocked and scared at the same time. I never thought about this happening to me. I never knew that it could happen to someone like me. I almost always have guards or a driver with me. This event that happened that day added on to my misery and suffering. But, at the same time, something happened that I wouldn't forget. Meeting him gave me hope. Meeting him changed my life.

I was walking down the sidewalk. I didn't know where I was going and I didn't have a care in the world. I didn't have a destination in mind. All I wanted to do was leave. To escape my anger and frustration. To be free of sadness and despair.

I was walking near an unruly neighborhood. I didn't know I was there at the time. I thought it was a regular neighborhood. I was walking along when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see a man wearing a mask and all black clothing. I didn't know that he could be trouble so I did nothing. Well, that was a huge mistake. He grabbed me. And he hugged me. It wasn't a pleasant hug. Not at all.

I was screaming my lungs out. I couldn't breathe from my constant screaming. He covered my mouth. That also stopped my breathing. I was trying to break free from his grip, but he was too strong. And I was too weak. I couldn't do anything. I was helpless. I was miserable.

All of a sudden, I could see someone running up to me. He wore a hood so I couldn't quite make out his face. He looked to be my age based on his height. But you never know. I immediately panicked, thinking he was just like the guy that encompassed me in his arms. But, there was no need. No need to panic. No need to worry. Because you know why? He saved me. He was my savior. And I owe him for that. 

I don't remember much after that. But, I do remember that I collapsed in my savior's arms after he saved me. So cliche huh? I feel like a damsel in distress. Classic super hero comic. The next thing you know it, I woke up in my warm cozy bed. At my house. I felt very confused at the time. Was everything I've just experienced a dream? Was it some kind of illusion? Was I asleep the whole time? I remember that I had a bag with me when I was walking outside. I checked it to see if anything was taken. I dumped my bag on me bed and checked every one of my belongings. I let out a sigh of relief when I found out that nothing was lost or taken. But, there was something new added to my belongings. It was a note. And this is what it said:

You're safe now.
-S