Suffering: Part 1

Put to an End

Sehun’s POV:

Suffering. What a ray of sunshine that word is right? Let me tell you about all the ways my life is just one word. Suffering is that word. If someone would ask: Please define your life Oh Sehun. The answer: Suffering.

My mother leaving me. That’s not the only reason of my suffering. Almost the whole story has to do with my father.

As you know, I’m rich. So that means my father has many obligations he needs to tend to. That means I’m constantly alone. I have a story about a little incident that happened when I was eight. Let me rephrase, it was a big incident. At this time in my life I was really scared for my well being. My father? Not a care in the world.

I was eight and I was alone at home because that was a very important day at work for my father. Supposedly he won some award, but who am I to care about his accomplishments. He doesn’t even care about mine. I was actually pretty good at school when I was little. But, every time I came home with an award or a report card, he would always shoo it away like it was garbage. Like it was nothing. Like it was something that would just get in the way and waste his oh so precious time.

Anyway, I was at home when someone rang the door bell. I remembered a distant memory of my mother telling me to never open the door unless we expect someone. She would always check the door first to see who it was; otherwise she didn’t dare open it. So I left the door alone and waited until the person went away. I heard footsteps leaving our front porch and carried on with whatever I was doing that day.

All of a sudden I heard the door bell again. This time the bell was ringing nonstop and at a fast pace. I started to get a little scared. This has never happened before, so I didn’t know what to do. I just waited, hoping that it would stop and the person would leave.

The door bell finally stopped ringing. I let out a sigh of relief. I was so relieved that it stopped. All of a sudden I heard a loud crash. I looked to see that the window beside me was broken. The worst part was that someone was stepping inside the window. It was a man in black clothing. The man was holding a crow bar and he looked around and found me. I’ve never been so scared in my life.

I started to panic. The man was coming towards me and screaming at me to shut up. I was screaming loudly that I felt like my vocal cords were about to burst. I started to get up and back up towards the cabinet that held fine china. He started walking up to me faster. I reached behind me and reached for a plate. I threw it at him as fast as I could, but he broke it with his crow bar. After that I bolted towards the door leading outside. I just ran and ran. I didn’t know where I was going.

I kept running and running until I came to a busy part of the city. I was so scared and lost. I just kept on walking around feeling so empty and alone. I must’ve looked really lost by my facial expression, because someone asked me if I was lost. They were kind enough to take me to a police station. There I phoned my father at work. I called so many times, but he never answered once. The police took the phone and tried calling him themselves. After the millionth time calling, he finally answered his phone. The police were talking to him and I could tell that they were having a hard time with him.

The police told me that he was on his way over, but they also had a frustrated look on their face. My father came to the police a while later. Guess what? He wasn’t happy at all. He was soooo mad. You expect a regular father to be extremely worried and start bawling his eyes out. But, there was no sign of worry or affection from my father. If I remember correctly, he grabbed my arm really tight and didn’t let go until we reached the car. He threw me into the back seat and got in after me. He started to yell and spank me to his heart’s content. I was felling so miserable. So frustrated. My own father didn’t even let me explain why I was even there. He always believed that I got into so much trouble when he was gone that it got me to the police station. I couldn’t even speak for the rest of the day. I was so mad, frustrated, angry, and probably even more, but I just don’t have the words to describe how I felt.

Overall, that day was pure….. Suffering.