High School

Put to an End

Shin Yeong's POV:

Our personal driver drove me to school. As we passed by the foliage and houses on the way to school, I began to think back to yesterday's events. But the real problem awaits at school. I know it.

I closed my eyes and imagined the scene in front of me when I walk through the front doors of school. I'd be swarmed with questions, all of them dying to be answered. But I know that no matter how much I relay the truth to them, it would just get tampered with along the way. The truth would lose it's way in the maze of rumors. 

Some people would believe me. Some won't. They might even make up their own story. They'll turn a regular story into one worth listening to. They turn a simple story into an interesting one that no one would be able to pass up. You'd think I would be the one doing that. But I don't. I won't. That's not me. That's not the kind of person I grew up to be and want to become.

But my real worries are towards Sehun. This event would impact him a lot. People would start talking to him. Not to mention look at him as if he finally broke out of his shell. 

I'm also worried for his well-being. Nick has allies. Allies that would stick with him through life threatening situations. Sehun would absolutely come across them. I don't know for sure when that will happen. But I know for sure that it will happen. 

I'm not blaming Sehun for doing what he did. But if he didn't get in the way, if he didn't intrude, he would be able to live the rest of high school the way he wanted to live it in the first place. But if he didn't get in the way, I didn't want to think about the possibilities. That day, I should've been more alert and aware of my surroundings. I should've been more careful and cautious towards my well-being. I should've known Nick would do such a thing to me one day.

If you think about it, there isn't really one person to blame for all of this. Everyone's at fault in this situation. Just some more than others. This situation has made me realize that my ties with Sehun have to be limited. People would open there mouths once again to spread rumors nonstop, if Sehun and I aren't careful. That means I can't talk to him whenever I want. Especially at school when we're surrounded by many people.

High school. What a dangerous place. What an unpredictable place. High school is practically a learning experience. We find out how it's like to be teenagers. Teenagers who are ignorant and unpredictable as any other. We don't know what we're doing and why we're doing things at times. But we learn from our mistakes in the end. Some later than others. High school also gives us a sneak peak of how our future is gonna be. A bright one or not? A future full of despair or happiness? Success in life or the opposite?

High school hurts people. High school heals people. High school breaks people. And some are bound to piece back together again. Others aren't. If we each had the power to control how our life in high school would be, we would be using that power of ours nonstop. 

I wanted the car ride to last a little longer, but I was already at school. I was a little lost in my own thoughts. Our driver had to say my name a few times in order to break the spell. I thanked him and entered school. I did all that taking my time. I wasn't in a rush. If anything, I wanted to avoid this day. But I knew that I couldn't skip. Even if I wanted to, I'd end up regretting it completely the second my foot steps out of school. 

I couldn't converse with Sehun in person today. I'd have to wait until after school in order to do so. I'd have to send him messages in any way I can today, in order to communicate with him. I walked along the halls. Right when I stepped inside the school, eyes automatically led to me. I didn't quite get to read their eyes completely, as I am briefly looking into them, but I see many emotions written all over them.

From sadness, to pity, to people that know exactly how I feel, to people who have gone through the same thing. I knew right away how people are gonna treat me. Like I'm helpless and weak. Like I just experienced something so tragic in life. I'd probably get a lot of "Are you ok's?" and other words of sympathy too. 

The truth? I actually don't know for sure how I feel. I know that there's a mixture of emotions going on in my head right now. From positive to negative. I'm thankful for Sehun. I truly am. I'm disgusted and furious towards Nick. That's for sure. So I can't really place a finger on the exact emotion that I'm currently feeling. 

But I want all of this to blow over. Fast. Quickly. Immediately. I don't want to be known as the girl who was ually harassed and couldn't do anything about it. I didn't want people to hate on Sehun or cause him any harm or discomfort. He did a good thing and that's all to know. No one should question why he did what he did. I could image people going up to him and asking if he loved me or if we were secretly dating. People don't understand that that's all to it. He didn't do it for love. He didn't do it for a reward, hoping that the reward would be my love and devotion to him. 

But I knew that this wouldn't blow over that quickly. Not a chance. Maybe after a few months or so if we're lucky. I wanted to talk to Sehun. I wanted to know what he's been going through if something does happen to him. I wanted to know if there was any way I could help. I don't know why, but for some reason, I had the sudden urge to be there for Sehun whenever he was hurt or uncomfortable about any of this. I wanted to make sure he was okay. This is such a strange urge to be feeling, considering I don't know much about him. But it's just that I don't want someone like him, who's been living the high school life the way he wants to live it, have his reputation be crushed and swept away into the hands of the people who have it all, are popular no matter what, and can do anything in their power to make him miserable. 

He didn't have to enter the minds of the those people. But because of what he did, he's now the talk of the whole school. Including those people. Especially those people. 

~ Hi readers. Sorry for not updating in a while. I'm currently on semi-hiatus due to some trouble I've gotten myself into about a month ago. Here's my blog post if you haven't read it yet: http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/898774
Thanks to all of you who are still reading my story. Please continue to read my story. ^^