Perfect

Put to an End

Sehun's POV:

Is there even such a thing as a perfect life? I mean, if you think about it, people you think have perfect lives don't in reality. I'm talking about actors, actresses, celebrities, singers, dancers, and basically famous people in general. I don't know how it's like to have a perfect life. And I don't think anyone does either...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually enjoyed that day with my mother. I was living the little five year old dream. I laughed, ran, jumped, and smiled. The best part was that I was with my mother. With no drama, problems, yelling, hitting, screaming, and anything bad in general. I was happy. She was happy. We were happy.

Happiness doesn't always last. In books, movies, and life itself. Some people's lives are like roller coasters. Happy, sad, overjoyed, depressed, always going up and down in emotions. That day wasn't like that entirely. It went from confused, to more confused, to reluctant, to happy, to shocked, to sad, and to end my day, depression, hurt, lost, and regret.

My mom told me it was time to go and I was mad at first, but then thought that we were both tired so I finally agreed. When we got in the car and made our way towards our home, I couldn't stop smiling and laughing and retelling all the fun we had today. My mom was smiling and laughing and ruffling my hair. She looked happy on the outside, but now that I look back to her face, there was something entirely different on the inside. A deep sadness.

When we got home, the first thing that popped up in my mind was my father. Is he at home right now? Did he work late at the company again? My father is a very busy man that owns a huge company. So yeah, I'm rich. But, that doesn't make me happy and it doesn't make our family perfect either.

When we got out of the car, my mom took my hand and ran up the stairs to my room and dragged me behind her. I was confused as to why we were running up the stairs. She swung open the door and had me sit on the bed. She took out a candy bar out of her purse and gave it to me. I didn't want it. I wanted to know what was going on. Why was she was being that way? "Just stay in here Hunnie ok? Mommy's gonna be back soon."she said while patting my head. My mother was crying. I didn't know why. That was what I kept asking in my head back then, why? She was hugging me so tight. And kissing me all over my face. She couldn't stop crying and I felt like crying to. But I never cried unless I knew the reason why people were crying. Then, she left me. In that room, I stayed there. I waited and waited for her to come back. She never did. She never even said goodbye. I waited even more, thinking that she was just playing a trick on me or something. I was wrong. 

Park Shin Yeong's POV:

If my mom didn't do what she did, could I have had a perfect life? No, I don't think so. It wouldn't have mattered. This has to do with my father, I'm sure of it. Well, she never told me, but I was led to believe that it has everything in the world to do with him. 

I was talking with my aunts and uncles, when they asked me where my mom was. It was strange because she was usually just behind me or a short distance away. I shrugged and went to go look for her. I asked all around the house if they knew where she was. They all shook their heads. I started to look in rooms throughout the house. 

I went to look for her in her room. I turned the door knob and found it locked. I've seen where my mom puts the spare keys to rooms and went to go retrieve it. I was little back then and didn't really care about privacy. I walked in and found my mom crying. She wasn't just crying, she was crying near a suitcase. A suitcase that was packed with her belongings.

Since I was little, I was utterly confused. Where was she going? Why is she going? How long will she be gone? My mom took her face out of her hands and saw me. She was shocked and she looked like she was going to cry even more, but extra harder. 

My mom frantically wiped the tears from her face and put on the most fake smile that I've ever seen. I was frowning back then, because I always frowned when I was confused. "Oh hi birthday princess! Mommy's just soooo happy that you're five years old today!"she said. Fake. It was all fake. But I was stupid, and I actually bought her happiness and her words. Stupid.

"Come give me a hug," she said. She didn't give me a chance to respond and enveloped me in a strong embrace. For some reason, I didn't resist or whine like a baby. I accepted it. I did because she was crying again. She made it seem like she was crying tears of joy and that's what I thought they were back then. Now I know that I was wrong, they weren't tears of joy, but the total opposite.

"Ok, you be a good girl always for me, ok? she said. I nodded, "ok mommy" She began to stand up and carried the suitcase with her. She gave me a kiss and walked out the door. I didn't follow because I noticed my shoe was untied and quickly bent down to tie it. I realized now that my mom was the one who untied it. She untied it to buy her time. She needed time. Time to escape. From me.