Speaking

Put to an End

Kim Shin Yeong's POV:

I watched Sehun and his father as they stood outside of the school. A car pulled up and Sehun's father stepped in. The car drove away.

Why didn't Sehun go inside the car too? His dad was probably gonna go back to work. But shouldn't he at least give his own son a ride home?

Sehun stood outside the school for a moment. Should I do it? Should I go up to him? Should I speak to him?

I wanted to say thanks for what he's done for me. When Sehun showed that side of him, I was utterly shocked. I didn't know that he possessed so much power in him. I didn't know what he was capable of doing. Now I know to never underestimate him.

Oh Sehun is full of mysteries. And surprises. You'll never know what's gonna happen next.

I decided to try talking to him. I mean, we were gonna have to talk at some point. Considering the fact that we have to work on a project together. We're partners anyway. Partners have to talk to each other.

I was looking at Sehun through the window of the door. I put my hand on the door handle. I was a little hesitant. I honestly didn't know what sort of person Sehun is. 

When students here at this school think of Sehun, they think of a mysterious guy. A mysterious guy that shows no emotion whatsoever. Someone who doesn't have any feelings. That's why people don't know what kind of person he was. It also doesn't help that he doesn't really talk to anybody.

He always seemed distant. Like he was in his own little world. Sehun's world. Where he only exists. Along with his thoughts.

I pulled the handle of the door. The door makes a slight squeak whenever opened. Sehun heard it. He looked towards where the sound was coming from.

His eyes met mine. At first, they looked how they always looked. Distant. Serious. Alone. Then as he looked at me more, his eyes began to study me. I couldn't speak. I didn't know what to say. Hi, what's up, hello, how's it going? All of those words seemed weird coming from my own mouth. Like they came from another planet. Saying something to Sehun, felt like saying something to an alien.

So I decided with this. It's what gave me the drive and the guts to talk to him anyway.

"Thank you."

Sehun's POV:

Thank you. Shin Yeong's first words to me. Hearing her say something to me for the first time, felt somewhat odd for me.

I never thought that Shin Yeong and I would ever talk. We would remain school mates and that's it. No conversation and interaction whatsoever.

I was wrong.

I knew we were gonna have to talk anyways. Since we had to do a project together. But I didn't expect to feel so odd. 

But I know now that I have to at least try talking to her. Try to become comfortable around her. For her sake. And mine.

"It's nothing," I responded. Speaking to her felt odd too. I could tell that she felt the same. Her eyes widened at my response.

I couldn't blame her. If I were in her shoes, I would've thought that I would never speak to her too. Not a word. Speechless.

"No, it's not," she said. She stayed where she was at. She didn't bother to walk any closer. "You did something that I'm very thankful for. I owe you for what you did."

"You don't have to owe me anything." I replied. Talking to her started to get more comfortable for me. I found myself just talking to her casually. No stutters, mumbles, and incoherent words are coming out of my mouth. It's as if I was talking to a friend. She smiled at my response.

Her smile. I've never seen it this close before. This smile seemed genuine. It seemed different than all the times I've seen her smile before. Those smiles seemed fake. This one felt real.

"I don't think we've properly introduced ourselves yet," she said. She walked up to me. I could tell she was becoming more comfortable around me too. She held her hand out for me to shake. "I'm Kim Shin Yeong."

I took her hand and shook it. It felt so smooth. So soft. It wasn't even shaking. Her hand was steady. Our handshake was steady.

"Yeah, I don't think so either," I replied. "Oh Sehun."

"So what do you have planned for this assignment?" she asked. "Partner."