I Fled

Put to an End

Shin Yeong's POV:

Hugging Sehun. Did I even see that coming? Did he even see that coming? The fact that we're caught in an embrace, still mystifies me. The fact that I even brought myself to do this, still mystifies me. I know I startled him. I know he was startled. I didn't mean to. This hug, this embrace, wasn't even planned. I didn't plan this out before I came here. I didn't plan this out when we were talking.

The fact that Sehun opened himself up to me. Even if it wasn't much. Even if he fully opened himself up to me. It was as if a whole new function in my brain was born. Was created. Was found. The function in which made me want to hug Sehun. Which made me feel like he truly needed a hug right now. 

I didn't feel attracted to Sehun. Not in that way. That was a positive fact. I just felt the need to comfort and embrace him. I just felt the need to be there for him. As a friend. As a person currently on his side. 

We stayed like that for a moment. Locked in an embrace. Locked in that position. Sehun didn't move. I didn't move. We stayed like that, thinking the other person was gonna break free from the hug first. I could tell that Sehun was, yet again, at a lost. For both words and actions. He didn't know whether he should speak. He didn't know whether he should move. Like he was a servant or worker. Waiting for his orders.

Has Sehun ever hugged someone in a while? From what I observe about his dad, it seems like Sehun hasn't received a hug from him in a long time. And Sehun made it clear to me that he and his father wasn't on good terms. Then the thought of his mother crossed my mind. I remember the talk we had. When I asked him about his mom. He just told me that he didn't know where she is. I didn't push it. And I will never push it. Not now. Not in a very long time. I was still curious. But I knew how to control my curiosity.

We finally broke free from the hug. Sehun was actually the first to move. Which surprised me. 

Sehun's POV:

Shin Yeong and me. Hugging. I was the first to move. To break free from our embrace. I didn't expect this to happen. Not in a while. Not in forever. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how to react. The fact that we were hugging completely stupefied me. And the fact that we were hugging for a while stupefied me as well. 

I figured Shin Yeong would be the first to break free from the hug. Since she started it. But it was as if she was waiting for me to break free. I know this is pretty pathetic to say, but it's like I lost all knowledge on hugs and skinship and touching other people in general. It's as if my knowledge on those things completely faded away from my mind.

I was frozen. Stuck. Glued in time. I didn't know what was happening. That's why I broke away from the hug first. But what I fail to understand is why? Why did she hug me? Why all of a sudden? Why here? Why now? 

When we broke away from the hug, I wanted so badly to ask those questions. But my mouth failed to do so. My mind was intent on doing it, but my mouth refused to obey my mind. Shin Yeong looked straight at me. Probably accessing me. Trying to read my mind. Trying to understand how I'm feeling. I wish I had the power to do that right now. But I was looking anywhere but her face. Anywhere but her eyes.

My eyes focused on the ground. On my hands. On my lap. Anywhere but Shin Yeong. Was she feeling the total opposite of how I was feeling? Or was she feeling slightly how I was feeling? 

At that moment, the bell for the end of school rang. The bell startled the both of us. Students were starting to exit from their classes. I then remembered that Shin Yeong and I weren't supposed to be seeing each other. Let alone be alone together. I knew this wasn't the right thing to do. I knew that if I do this, I'll only be showing cowardice. But before anyone saw us. Before me or Shin Yeong could say a word to each other.

I fled.

~ Hi hi! ^^ So glad I was able to update today, considering it's a school day. I only have my teachers to thank, I guess. Haha XD Thanks again for reading my story and supporting it even though there are late updates. :)