Partner

Put to an End

Sehun's POV:

Partners. Out of all projects and times in the school year, today was the day my Language Arts teacher finally gave us an assignment in which it involves having a partner. To tell you the truth. I never expected this to happen. My partner.

The assignment was that we had to write a paper on a subject. The subject will be chosen at random, for it will be drawn from a hat. All the subjects in the hat are based on a feelings. How people feel certain feelings. What people do when they feel that way. You get the idea of this paper. Anyways, my view on this paper was that I would just write about a paragraph or two and turn that in. I'm not good at papers or essays or poems or basically any type of literature.

So in my class there were 28 students. So there were 14 pairs. In the hat, there are 14 pairs of feelings. After everyone has pulled a feeling out of the hat, students will go up one by one and tell the feeling they received. They then will be united with their partner. This process continues until everyone is with their partner.

I was feeling a bit uneasy. I didn't want a nerdy smarty student as my partner because then they would always be on me for not helping. Or now that I think about it, those type of students might even do all the work because they don't want me to ruin their grades. I also didn't want a dumb student as a partner. Like dumber than me and especially lazy. That meant I'd probably be doing everything. So there's really no partner in between. Which means I'm stuck with either one.

We formed a line to draw a feeling out of the hat. Park Shin Yeong was at the hat right now. She looked nervous. She drew a feeling out of the hat. I couldn't see it because I was still pretty far back in the line. She looked at it and her eyes widened a bit. I was watching her intently. I was a little curious as to what she got as the feeling that she had to write about.

I was approaching the hat rapidly. Just two more people to go. I was getting a little apprehensive. What if it's a feeling that I've never experienced before? Then I thought, hasn't everyone experienced every feeling in some part of their lifetime? At a time I was happy. For a while anyway. At a time I was scared. At a time I was confused. At a time I was surprised. Everyone had experienced every feeling in their lifetime. Just some feelings more than others.

I was finally at the hat. My hands trembling as I reached in for a paper. I felt around a little just to mix it up a bit. I enclosed my hand around a strip of paper. I pulled out my hand and read over the feeling I had to write about. Love.

Kim Shin Yeong's POV:

Partners huh? Now of all days teacher? Well, I've never once thought about that person ever being my partner. Not once have I even thought that we could interact in some way. I guess I thought wrong.

My Language Arts teacher explained how this was going to work. Apparently this writing assignment was due at the end of the school year. That was quite a long time. She said that some of us probably don't experience a certain feeling often, so this would give us time to experience and develop more feelings. I guess that's logical, except how could someone who doesn't experience, let's say, misery often, experience it all of a sudden? Is it like, poof, I'm now miserable?

I thought about who I wanted as my partner. Well, one of my best friends was in this class with me, so that's one person. It's weird, being popular. I don't really have a long list of people I want as my partner, but there seems to be a long list for everyone who wants to be my partner themselves. If I have a partner, and let's say they're less smarter than me, then I would explain to them what the assignment is about. If it's a smarty pants I'm working with then there seems to be more trouble and problems. Sometimes they want to do everything themselves or they don't want to hurt their nerd image by getting assistance from another smarty.

We lined up to pull a name out of the hat. It that this is all at random. I can hear a lot of nerds sigh in frustration when they found out partners were chosen at random. My desk was close to the front so I was one of the first people to pull a feeling from the hat.

I was feeling a little nervous. I could feel someone watching my every move, but I didn't turn around to see who, but focused on drawing a feeling from the hat. I pulled my hand out of the hat and took a look at the feeling I drew. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe what I just drew from this hat. I couldn't believe what I had to write about. I was very inexperienced in this feeling. Very.

Everyone pulled a feeling from the hat and went back to their seats. One by one the teacher called students up to recite the feeling they pulled from the hat. One by one partners were formed. Some were happy of the results, while others were groaning in frustration and anger.

"Park Shin Yeong," the teacher said. I walked to the front of the classroom. The remaining people who actually liked me were crossing their fingers, hoping that they're the lucky partner of mine. My best friend was already paired up with someone. She drew Frustration out of the hat. That would be good for her. She always seems to get easily frustrated in math. I stopped in front of the class and said the feeling I drew from the hat.

"Love," I said. Yes, the feeling I drew from the hat was love. This was a feeling that I've rarely experienced in my life. I probably experienced it a lot back when I was little. But, most of those memories are like things in the lost and found. Forgotten. No longer visible in my memory anymore.

I scanned the classroom for my partner. Some people were bummed that I wasn't there partner. Who was my partner then?

"I know I made enough. I triple checked and everything. Who received love as the feeling they're supposed to write about?" my teacher said.

"I did." I scanned the classroom to see who was my partner. My eyes stopped on someone with their hand held up low.

It was Sehun. Sehun was my partner. Out of all people.

 

~ Anyways, Present won in the poll. So that's why this chapter is based on something that's happening in the present. I'll probably focus more on the present now than the past. There might be occasional chapters in the past and maybe a little mix of the past and the present. You know, like flashbacks. Anyways, I just wanted to update you guys a little about my plan for this fic. :)