I Hope

Put to an End

Kim Shin Yeong's POV:

I couldn't believe it. Sehun was my partner. But then I realized, this could be my chance. My chance to know more about him and who he is as a person. This can also be my chance to uncover more hidden talents of his. You know, for the club's sake.

Riiiiinnngggg

The bell rung for lunch.

"Make sure you discuss with your partner your plans for this project!" my teacher yelled as we rushed out the door.

I scanned the crowd of students in the hallway, trying to look for Sehun. Sehun was no where in sight. How can he just leave like that? We're supposed to be discussing our plans. No. I don't think so. I hope not. I hope he's not like the others.

~Flashback~

"Hi Shin Shin!" Hyun Soo said cheerfully.

We were meeting each other in a nearby cafe. We are doing a project on past wars. We had to make a diorama and write a three-page essay.

"Hi, ok so here's the plan-"

Beep Beep

Hyun Soo reached into his pocket and checked his text. I tried to take a peek at it but he moved his hand so that it wasn't visible to me.

"Oh man, sorry Shin Shin. I have to go. It's another family emergency." Hyun Soo said.

"Oh again?" I said. Inside I was very frustrated. Very frustrated. This was the fifth time this month. This project was due next week and so far he has done nothing. Nothing. He's been saying that he had a family emergency, but I now know that it isn't the truth. And I was gonna find out the real excuse of his.

"So where are you heading to?" I asked, batting my eyelashes. That's the bait. And he took it.

"Oh I'm just heading to the hospital to see my dad. He's really sick." he said.

"Oh what's wrong?" I asked.

"Lung cancer?" he said. He didn't sound too sure of himself. That was a clue.

"Oh I'm so sorry. Just know that he will always be in my prayers." And the last move. I put my hand on his arm and gave him a sympathetic look.

"Thanks," he said. He turned to leave.

After he was gone, I stood up and went to the hospital myself. I went inside and asked the woman at the desk if Hyun Soo's father was here. She looked through her computer and said there wasn't anyone of that name at this hospital.

"Thank you," I bowed and left the hospital. Thank you indeed.

I wasn't in the mood to continue the project and decided to walk around the park that was nearby. I was coming up to a bench with a couple sitting there. Guess who I saw?

I saw Hyun Soo and he was kissing a girl. Wow, he was good. But that didn't matter right now. He lied to me. Lied. And seeing him here made me furious.

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no interest in him whatsoever. But the thought of him lying to me and going off to do something else infuriates me so much. We were both supposed to work on this project. Both.

They were so into the kiss. I didn't want to barge in and make it seem like he was cheating on me or something. So I took a picture of them. And I left. They didn't notice. Yeah, continue swallowing that girl.

The next day we were supposed to work on the project again. He was surprised to see that I didn't do anything to it since the last time. Wow, I can't believe he even noticed, despite the fact he was off messing around with his girlfriend.

"Oh, did you go somewhere after I left?" he asked me.

"Yes I did. Do you wanna know where I went?" I asked.

"Sure, I guess," he said uncertainly.

"Here's a pic," I said. I showed him the picture of him and his girlfriend at the park.

He was so shocked.

~End of Flashback~

Just know, that this is one out of many times that I've experienced this.

I've always hated these kind of things from happening. My partners using me. They always say that they have to go somewhere, but really they just don't want to do any work. Lazy. Stupid. Pathetic.

I just hope that Sehun is different.

Sehun's POV:

When the bell rang I immediately exited the room. I still wanted time to process what just happened. Park Shin Yeong was my partner. Out of all people.

That means I have a smart student as my partner. Would the same thing happen as before?

I walked to the tree I always sat under when I wanted to be away from everyone and everything. I sat down and thought about a time before.

~Flashback~

"No no no!!!" Na Hyun screamed. "That's not how you do it Sehun!"

We were working on a project for history. We had to do a three-page report on a war and make a diorama. We were now working on the diorama.

Na Hyun is a complete b****, I tell you. She is one of the smartest girls in the whole school. I was one of the dumbest guys the school. Not a surprise that our teacher paired us up together.

She is absolutely infuriating. She always tells me what to do, what not to do, what "she" thinks is stupid, what "she" thinks is smart. I hate her. I didn't know my hatred would go to that level though. I started to set down the piece of the diorama.

"No not there!" she screamed.

"Not there either!"

"You know what?! You're so stupid you know that?! Just give it to me or you'll just ruin the whole freaking diorama!"

She was about to grab the piece from my hand when I dropped it on the ground. The piece was pretty fragile and the ground was cement so it broke in pieces.

"You!!! Why the f*** did you do that?!?! Do you know how har- Ahhhh!!!" I couldn't help myself. I hated her so much. I knew that it wasn't right to do that but I did. It was my first time. My first time hurting a girl.

While she was screaming at me for dropping the piece, I stopped her mid-word and pushed her hard to the ground. She was so shocked. To tell the truth, I had a mixture of feelings going on right now. I was shocked like her because I never knew that I would have the capability to to that. I've never hit, pushed, or caused any harm whatsoever to a girl before. Also, the other feeling I was feeling. Relief.

You heard me. I was relieved that I finally made her shut up. I thought at the time that it was worth it.

After she sat there on the ground for a while she flinched and looked at her elbows. They were bleeding. After I saw that, I felt scared. I didn't mean to make her bleed. I knew she was going to tell her parents. Then I would be in the biggest trouble I've ever gotten into. I started to apologize when she got up, took the project, and ran away.

I was about to chase after her but then I decided against it.

A week has passed now and she never talked to me at all during school. When we saw each other in the halls, I tried to talk to her but she always got away. It was now time to present the project and turn it in as well.

I walked into history and and sat down at my seat. I watched the door,
waiting for her to enter class. The final bell rang. That's weird, she's usually one of the first people to enter class.

The presentations began. One by one, the teacher called up partners for the project. I half listened to the projects or tuned them out completely out of boredom. Why isn't she here? Now that I thought about it, I didn't see her at all today. Was she absent? That's was so unlike her.

Riiiiinnngggg

The bell rang for the end of class. What? But I didn't get to present. Not that I wanted to, but I was still very confused. I decided to ask the teacher.

"Um excuse me susaengnim, but I didn't get to present my project. Do I present tomorrow when NaHyun comes?" I asked.

"Sehun, didn't you hear? Didn't NaHyun tell you?" she asked. I was even more confused now. What was she talking about?

"What?"

"NaHyun moved today, Sehun." she said. "She gave me the project ahead of time. I was surprised that you weren't with her. She told me that you had other matters to attend to, so I gave you the same grade that she received."

I was utterly shocked. How could she not tell me any of this? Why am I now finding out?

"Ok thank you," I said. I payed my respects and left the classroom.

~End of Flashback~

I didn't want that same event to happen. I really hoped that Kim Shin Yeong was nothing like her.

But, I'm still confused about lots of things. Did she leave because of me? Ever since she ran away that day, I always laid awake at night thinking the police was going to show up any minute. I've been awaiting the day that I would get into a lot of trouble. But it never came. It never did. To this day.

Why did she lie to the teacher? It's obvious that she hated me, so why did she let the teacher give me the same grade as hers?

Either way, I wasn't gonna let the same thing happen again. I never want to hurt a girl ever again.