Need to

Put to an End

Kim Shin Yeong's POV:

I went to my usual table at lunch and sat down with my friends. Right when I sat down, people started to come over to our table. I hate that. Most of them were guys too.

"Hey Shin Yeong, looking beautiful, as always." No. Not today Nick.

Nick: One of the most popular and hottest guys in school, definition of perfect, makes every girl drool, loved by everyone. I hate him.

Although we're alike in so many ways, there's something about him that I just downright hate. Arrogance.

Everyday he comes over to my table and flirts with me. He thinks he could get any girl and every girl in the school. That may be true. But that's absolutely untrue for me. I will never fall for a bastard like him. Never.

I did my usual annoyed look as he put his face near mine. He doesn't seem to get the hint that I'm not interested in him. 

"When will you ever go out with me?" he asked. He started pouting, making the girls around me completely melt. Ugh...

"How about never?" I responded. He got up, sighed, shook his head, and left my table. Good riddance. My friends turned to me with an annoyed look.

"Why don't you like him? You two would be perfect for each other." they said. No we won't. We will never be together. Over my dead body.

I just shook my head and turned towards the door to see someone coming in. It was Sehun. My friends noticed me looking at him. 

"I feel bad for you Shin Shin," one of my friends said.

"What? Why?" I asked. If she said one more thing about Nick I was gonna face palm her to the wall.

"Well, your partner for the project is Oh Sehun. It's gonna be a nightmare for you," she said and took a sip of her soda. What does she know? How does she know that it will be a nightmare for me?

"Why would it be a nightmare for me? It's just Sehun," I said. I don't get how this would be a nightmare. It's not like he's so utterly stupid. I mean, his grades aren't that hot but it's ok. I'll just have to help him out a bit during this project.

"Sehun is so mysterious. He doesn't talk to anyone. He doesn't have any friends. His grades are bad. And most of all, no one knows a single thing about him. Won't that be hard? He might not even do anything," she said. I kind of hated this about my friend. She's so judgy sometimes. She just says stuff based on what she knows and what everyone else knows. 

"But you know," my other friend said all of a sudden. "If you look at Sehun a little more, he does look cute," she said. I rolled my eyes. This girl really pays attention to how people look.

I turned to look at Sehun. I looked for a little while more and started to notice that he was cute. His looks weren't over the top like Nick's, but his cuteness was just enough. Just right.

"Hmm, I guess you're right," I said. My other friend nodded in agreement. 

"Look, even though I don't know a thing about him, that doesn't mean that he would be a nightmare for me," I said. I was taking his side. "That's the point of partners right? To get to know them a little more." They nodded like they understood my point.

Even though I don't know much about him, I will get to know him more. I want to get to know him more. I need to.

Sehun's POV:

My stomach was growling so I went to the cafeteria to eat lunch. I got in line. As I waited until it was my turn, I scanned the room for Shin Yeong.

I saw her at her usual place at lunch. She was talking with her friends. I started to feel a little guilty all of a sudden. I shouldn't have left like that, when the bell rang. I should've at least talked to her about our plans for this assignment.

I began to think about the feeling we had to write about. Love. I wonder if Shin Yeong had experience in love. She doesn't have a boyfriend right now. Now that I think about it, she didn't have one before either. How about family love?

I thought that I would be able to contribute and help in this project this time. But it turns out that I had little to no experience in this feeling whatsoever. Our teacher said that she'll give us the whole year to do this, but I surely doubt that I'll be able to experience love until the end of the school year. I highly doubt it. Highly. It's like a 1 out of a million chance.

My dad will never soften up to me or show me any affection whatsoever. Love to me is almost impossible. If anything, it's already impossible. And will always be impossible for me.

It was my turn and I got my lunch. I payed for it. As I payed for it, I noticed that Shin Yeong and her friends were staring at me. Why were they staring at me? After a while of staring at me, they turned around and resumed talking. Were they talking about me? What could they be talking about me?

In many ways, Shin Yeong is very mysterious. I didn't know if something was gonna change when we worked on this project. Will we become closer? Will be become friends? Will I finally know what she hides from everyone? Will I know the real her?

I want to. I have a huge feeling inside me that tells me that I want to. I felt like I needed to. And I will.