Compliment

Put to an End

Kim Shin Yeong's POV:

Talking to Sehun that day, felt somewhat odd to me. But at the same time, it felt nice.

I felt like I just did something that no one else could ever do. 

Sehun and I continued our conversation while walking around the park. It was a beautiful day outside. A perfect day for a walk in the park.

"Love," I said. "Do you have any experience?" Sehun looked ahead, a distant look in his eyes.

"Once," he replied. "But not the kind of love I think you're referring to."

"Family love is what I'm talking about." Sehun continued.

This stopped me in my tracks. What he just said. Sehun hasn't experienced love in a long time, hasn't he? Family love.

But he does have a father. Doesn't his father show his love and affection towards his own son? I all of a sudden remembered what happened earlier.

Sehun's father drove off without taking Sehun with him. That wasn't something a loving father would ever do to his own son. Never.

I felt like telling Sehun that I was the same. I haven't experienced family love in a long time. Just like him. But I couldn't.

I couldn't tell him that. There's still so much I want to know about him. I don't feel like saying anything about me. Not until I know his full story.

"What about the other kind of love?" I asked. "Relationship love." Sehun looked at me like I was joking.

"Do you think someone like me could've been in a relationship?" he asked. I said what I honestly thought of that question.

"Yes, I do," I said. "Sehun, have you looked in a mirror lately? You're looks aren't bad actually." I knew this was a little risky to be saying, but I wanted to be honest with him. And at the same time, I wanted him to be fully honest with me too.

If he sees that I'm being fully honest with him, he'll get the hint that he should be fully honest with me too. Fits like a puzzle.

He started at me like I was joking again. He really hasn't looked in a mirror in a while, hasn't he? But as I thought about it, I kinda liked that he hasn't looked in a mirror lately.

It shows that he didn't care about his looks. Whether he was ugly. Whether he was handsome. It's shows that he didn't care what other people thought about him. He didn't even know that he was good-looking. Not unless someone tells him.

I think I'm the only one that ever told him that. Girls at school don't even notice him. They see Sehun as if he was a door. They just happen to pass through, not paying attention to whether or not it looked nice or not.

"Thank you?" Sehun said. He didn't know what to say either. He normally didn't get these. Compliments.

Wow, the more time I spend with Sehun, the more I know about him. I feel different. I feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the school. I'm the only one that will ever get to uncover Sehun's secrets and thoughts. Well, if he opens up his mind to let out them out. 

I wanted Sehun to be more comfortable towards me. To say what he really feels. To say what's been going on in his mind. To say why he was the way he is. To say everything he's gone through in life.

And the more things he tells me, the more I'll be able to open up to him too.

I laughed when Sehun said thanks.

Sehun's POV:

Her smile, now her laugh? 

Shin Yeong's laugh. I never thought I'd make her laugh. Not even once. Let alone make her smile. I didn't see what was funny.

I said that because I honestly didn't know what to say to her. What she said, surprised me a lot. I normally didn't get those. Compliments.

It's true. I normally don't look at myself in the mirror. I mean, I do have mirrors at my house, but I just treat them as things on the wall. I never stop to check my reflection. I already know how I look anyway. Sad. Depressed. No feeling. No emotion.

I never stopped to wonder if I was good-looking or not. I wasn't one of those people. In fact, I kinda hated those type of people. It shows that they're always so insecure about how they look. It even shows that they're somewhat or very arrogant.

Hearing this from Shin Yeong, felt sorta odd. For one thing, it's a compliment. And for another thing, it's a compliment, but it's from a girl. Shin Yeong.