Ringing

Put to an End

Sehun's POV:

I walked along the sidewalk of the road. When I fled from school, I didn't have a location in mind to flee to. I mentally slapped myself for not thinking through a plan of some sort. As I walked, I began to think of the possibilities of what would happen if I hadn't left school. If I hadn't left Shin Yeong. What would people say? What would people think? I then realized that I felt lighter than usual. I forgot my backpack at school. In class.

What if someone took it? I'd never forgive myself if someone did. If only I hadn't left it in my backpack. If only I had left it at home. My one treasure. My one connection. To her. The textbooks in my backpack. The papers and notes in my backpack. Those didn't matter. What mattered was what was beneath all that. Inside. Hidden.

I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I was nearing a neighborhood. My neighborhood. My father wouldn't be home at this hour. He'll be home later on tonight. I decided on how I would spend my last hours of freedom. Should I perhaps go back to school? To retrieve my backpack? At the slight possibility that it still remains on the back of my chair? I shook the thought away from my mind. No. It will still be there. I'll go to that classroom before school starts tomorrow. And it will still be there. Untouched. Forgotten.

I reached my house in a matter of minutes. If you'd look at my house, you'd think I was living the dream. If only you knew the people who inhabited my house, then that's a whole other story. I walked up the front steps and jiggled the door knob. The door knob turned when I jiggled it. It was unlocked. Like I expected it to be.

I walked inside and was greeted by the scent of citrus. The sign that our house keeper was here. She was past the point in which she can even remember to lock a door. I sometimes question how she can even remember how to keep a house clean and tidy. She was coming down the stairs. Looks like she was finished with the second floor. I've noticed that whenever she came to clean our house, she always started with the second floor. It was probably the hardest to do.

She greeted me with a ninety-degree bow and continued on with her work. I went straight to my room. I first checked my desk to see if I was mistaken. And that I didn't put it in my backpack. I frowned in disappointment to see that it wasn't there. Where I'd hoped it'd be. 

I laid flat on my bed. I didn't know what else to do for the time being. All thoughts were on my backpack. And what I needed inside. I set my phone on my stomach, only for it to ring almost immediately. I sat up and let it fall off my stomach onto my bed. I usually didn't get calls from anyone, so I was surprised. 

When I looked at the caller ID, I was even more surprised. I almost fell off my bed out of shock. It was Shin Yeong. Shin Yeong was calling me.

Shin Yeong's POV:

I arrived home. Carrying many bags in my hands. I just came home from Extreme Shopping. A day of checking price tags, hitting the racks marked SALE, in and out of dressing rooms, sliding credit cards, and anything of the like. I should've known better than to shop with her. I was tired and soar from shopping. And to think that would never happen to anyone. I just happened to be the first.

I plopped on my bed. No one was home right now. Just as I had expected. My dad was at work. Of course. My stepmom was probably there with him. If not, she would be with her "friends",talking about how rich and happy she's become. I grimaced at the thought. My sister was in college. So she stayed at the dormitory near campus. I looked at the photos scattered on the wall.

Something my sister and I both loved: Photography. We would always take photos together. I remembered the times when we both had nothing to do. We would yell out, "Photo Challenge!" In sync. In unity. We'd then take our cameras and come up with today's Photo Challenge. We had so much fun together. Now I missed those days dearly. I missed her dearly. In two years, she would be graduating. Will we still be able to do the things we did in the past?

My eyes wavered from the wall of photos, to my desk. Sehun's backpack sat there. As if it was waiting for me. Inviting me to come over and take a look inside. Should I still do it? Should I still invade Sehun's privacy like that? Again, I was having the same battle in my mind as earlier. 

Ultimately, the good person in me won the battle. I grabbed my phone. It was sitting next to the backpack. When my mind was battling what to do, my eyes wavered from my phone to the backpack. It was either, call Sehun, or look through his backpack. And ultimately, calling Sehun won.

I scrolled though my contacts and finally found Sehun. I put my finger over the number, and it stayed there. Frozen in midair. Then, I finally gathered up the courage to press it. I heard one ring, two rings, three rings, fourth rings. On the fifth ring, Sehun finally picked up.

"Hello?" Sehun said.

~ Hello readers! Are you on the edge of your seats? Hehe, I sure hope you are. XD I'll try to update again some time this week. I hope my teachers will be nice to me this week and not give me a lot of homework. Thanks for reading! ^^ I'm still taking your predictions of what's in Sehun's backpack...