Telephone

Put to an End

Sehun's POV:

School was normal as it could get for me. Except the fact that I received weird glances from people. I was confused at first, because the weird glances they gave me were different from what I usually received.

I then realized that word probably got out about what happened after school the other day. What did people think of me now? I realized that I now had access to the inside gossip regarding our school. I gained that access by having connections with Shin Yeong. Shin Yeong could tell me what people thought about me. About her. About Nick. About this whole situation in general.

Shin Yeong. I thought about what people would be saying about her as well. She plays a huge part in this situation. From what I've witnessed throughout my years of high school so far, people would think Nick and I were fighting because of Shin Yeong. Nick and I would be the two knight and shining armors who are fighting for a maiden's hand.

I didn't want this. I didn't want people thinking that way of me. They would think that I'm just a quiet, shy guy that couldn't hold his feelings back any longer. Like I was just an explosion waiting to happen. Like I couldn't bare the fact of seeing my one true love with another guy.

And like all high school gossip, the truth would get lost on the way. It's like that game, Telephone. Information is passed from one person to the next. On the way, the information gets twisted little by little, until it's almost or entirely different in the end. That's exactly how high school gossip works.

I thought about whether or not I should still be seen with Shin Yeong. People would think there's something going on between us. Along the way, I could gain a lot of people who possess complete hatred and jealousy towards me. I didn't want to be like that. I didn't want to be known as the guy who stole every guy in the school's true love, or something pathetic like that.

I think it's best if Shin Yeong and I only communicate before or after school hours. Nick also reserved a spot in my head. Nick was suspended from school for a few months. That's for sure. But Nick also had friends. Lots of friends. The thought of Nick using his friends to get revenge on me, came across my mind. This didn't scare me. Not at all. I know now that I shouldn't be afraid of whatever comes my way. I've gained a little fighting experience. Fighting more would only gain my experience.

But I didn't want to be a full on fighter. I didn't want to spend the rest of my life using violence to get my way. To get whatever I wanted. For protection. Violence is not always the answer. I didn't want violence to be my only way of protection or getting what I want.

I walked to me locker and on the way, I received more weird glances. Some even whispered words that I couldn't clearly make out. This might blow over some day. All I could do was hope for the best. But something in my mind knew that this wouldn't blow over in a long time. I just got myself in a situation regarding the most popular girl and boy in school. No way could this blow over that easily.

I thought about how I should act now that people had different thoughts about me. If I just stayed my usual self, distant and quiet, people would still start talking to me now that they know what they know. I think no matter how I act, I'm still gonna get talks from various people at this school. Whether it's hateful comments about backing off Shin Yeong, or praises for finally kicking that bastard's , people would still talk to me. Whether I liked it or not, I guess.

I continued stuffing my backpack with things I'll be needing for my next class, despite all the weird glances from everyone around me. I can't believe this spread so fast. It just happened yesterday after school. The first class of the day didn't even start yet. There couldn't possibly be a lot of students during that time right? But because of technology nowadays, I'm not that surprised word got out so quickly. 

So far, no one has walked up to me yet. No one has started a conversation with me whatsoever. Until the guy that owned the locker next to me finally spoke up. We usually never talked considering we've been locker mates for a long time now.

"Nice work," he said. He wouldn't meet my eyes. I didn't know he was talking to me until I looked around to see if there was anyone else with him. He was busy loading his own backpack with things for his next class. Even though he and I didn't talk, I still knew a few things about him.

Luke. He was a smart guy. In fact, one of the smartest guys in the school. But he was different than most smart people at this school. He was the smart, yet quiet type. A little like Shin Yeong. Except this guy was weird. He lived in a world of academics and video games. During free hours, he would be holed up in some corner playing on some sort of game system. Despite his obsession over video games, he still managed to be a smart guy. 

"Are you talking to me?" I asked, just to make sure he wasn't crazy, talking to himself. 

"You are Sehun right?" he replied. I nodded yes.

"Well nice work," he said. "It's about time someone finally beat up that bastard. I always hated him."

"I didn't beat him up because I hated him." I said. For some reason, I felt like defending myself. I didn't want to be known as the guy who beat Nick up because he downright hated him either. But as I said it, I couldn't help thinking that wasn't entirely true. I did hate him a little actually. What he did to Shin Yeong earned a good part of my hatred. What guy wouldn't hate him for doing such a thing? Unless I was a guy that supported the situation entirely. Which I obviously wasn't.

"Yeah yeah, I know." he sighed. "You did it for love, didn't you? If I were you, I'd stop wasting my time on a girl like her. I don't think anyone at this school really has a chance. It seems like she isn't interested in anyone, let alone Nick. Later Sehun." He shut his locker, slung his backpack over his shoulder and walked away.

"I didn't-" I began, but I stopped myself since he was already a good distance away from me. Is that what most people were thinking? Well I didn't like that. I didn't want to be one of the many admirers that Shin Yeong had in this school. I didn't want to be part of those guys that swooned every time she passed by. Or those guys that stalked her every chance they had.

~ Hi readers. Sorry for the late update. I'll try to update again some time this week, since this chapter was only in Sehun's POV. Please continue reading my story and please don't unsubscribe. ^-^