Misery

Put to an End

Sehun's POV:

I was five years old. Five. When misery overtook me and scarred me for life.

"Sehun ah wake up!" I slowly opened my eyes to the sound of my mother telling me to get up. She yelled at me frantically, as if it's a life or death situation. I woke up, immediately alert. I expected to see a crazed look on her face, but instead I saw someone that didn't look like my mother at all. She was happy. Very happy.

"Sehun! Get up and change then come down to eat. I'll be waiting for you, so hurry up!" She got off my bed and walked out of my room. I quickly got up to get ready. Is this person my mother? I've never seen my mom so happy in my life. She's rarely like this, and I wanted to find out why.

I was going down the stairs, trying to figure out why she was so happy. It's no one's birthday and my father's success is nothing to celebrate about. Everyday he grew more and more successful, thus making our family more and more wealthier. But, money doesn't bring happiness. Success doesn't always either. 

"Sehun come eat," my mom said from the stove. The stove. She was cooking. My mom never cooked. She always had our chefs cook the meals. This isn't my mother, at all.

I sat down at the table and noticed three pancakes stacked in front of me with a happy face decorated on top. My mom smiled at me while she ate her pancakes. "Eat up Sehun," she said. "Today's gonna be a great day." 

Kim Shin Yeong's POV:

My life is absolutely perfect in everyone's eyes. How about in my eyes? I see one word. Misery.

Thirteen years ago, I was one of those people who thought that my life was perfect. From then on, I never thought that ever again.

It was on a wonderful summer morning. I woke up knowing that today was going to be a great day. It was my birthday. I was turning five. How do I remember my fifth birthday so clearly? Well, that day was surely a day that I would never forget. And the day I wish I could just forget ever happened.

I went down stairs to see the lights turned off. Where was my family? All of a sudden the light and everyone yelled surprise. I was so happy. I mean, I was five. Every five year old is happy on their birthday right? I thought that that day was gonna be a happy and memorable day. I was right that it was a memorable day. But, it wasn't happy. It was painful.