The Prefect is here.

The Vampire Skool Luv Affair

Jin continued to stay with Soojin in the class because none of her protectors and friends were there. Besides, Jin was given the permission to not go back to class if protecting Soojin was the case.

“I’m sorry for having to make you stay with me. I understand why Jungkook and Yoonmi are late but Hoseok should be back by now since he wasn’t with Jungkook when he was fighting with a girl.” Soojin said when the bell rang and the other two seats were still empty.

“Wait, what? Jungkook was fighting with a girl?” Jin asked in disbelief. From what he heard, Jungkook had never fought with anyone, not even when his human friend got bitten by one of his close friends. So he asked for more details from Soojin. Soojin didn’t know much except that Jin was a trustable person, so she told him the whole progress, but she left out the part where she vomited into the sink. She didn’t know what the vampires would think of her if she told them about that.

Jin knew immediately what happened but he kept his still on the chair, whatever happened, protecting Soojin was his first priority.

After a while, a teacher came in and everyone looked at Jin. Hoseok was their class monitor but he wasn’t there. Since Jin was a student council, he stood up straight and ordered the class to rise. “Good morning sir.” They all greeted and everyone sat down.

The teacher introduced himself as Sir Jackson and he started to teach without further more information.

Soojin started to copy down everything that had been written on the board, not only for herself but for her friends who still hadn’t come back yet.

Jin didn’t have anything better to do and he copied down as well on Hoseok’s general notebook.

Just a few moments after Soojin and Jin finished copying down everything. Hoseok came running into the class. When he saw that Soojin was sitting on her place, safe and sound, he sped up to her and hugged her immediately. “Oh thank goodness you’re safe!” He nuzzled into Soojin’s hair and allowed the scent of her hair to enter his nostrils.

“You have no idea how worried I was when I got told you ran off alone. Do you know how dangerous is that? You could end up being bitten by the other students!”

He slowly let go of Soojin and brushed her hair to the back of her ears. Soojin was frozen the moment Hoseok hugged her. She didn’t remember she had developed such a strong bond with him.

Jin, reading Soojin’s mind, slowly but politely pulled her away from Hoseok and smiled at him. “She was indeed facing some danger a while ago but fortunately she screamed for my help so I was able to save her.” Hoseok read Soojin’s mind too and withdraw himself and stood up straight.

“Well, now that you’re safe. I have no worries anymore. Thanks Jin sunbaenim.” Hoseok said uncomfortably and avoided looking at Soojin. He cursed at himself mentally for not being careful with his actions.

Jin smiled and waved his hand. “It’s my duty to protect her too. I will head back to class now.”

He told Hoseok about the notes he had copy down before he came back and was about to leave the class but stopped and turned to Soojin. “Thank you for listening to my advice.” He said and smiled a heartily smile. That warmed Soojin up for some reason but she didn’t understand what he meant. She smiled and scratched her head.

Jin laughed again when he read Soojin’s mind. “You looked for me when you needed help a while ago, remember?”

Soojin laughed and felt slight embarrassed. She waved her hand and bade him goodbye. “Thanks for your help, Jin.”

Jin wanted to say something but he didn’t want to disturb the class so he just smiled and left.

Hoseok sat down beside Soojin in complete silence. He was still ashamed at what he just did. He avoided looking at Soojin and did the class work that Sir Jackson just gave them.

Soojin wasn’t aware of the awkward atmosphere though. She was still living in the memory of being held protectively by Jin. For some reason, she liked it when Jin protected her. If anything, she was glad that she actually got surrounded by those female vampires and she was clever enough to reach for Jin.  She smiled at the thought of being able to stay in Jin’s arm again and continued in doing the class work.

Little did she know, her trustable friend was reading her mind thoroughly. Hoseok clenched his fists and tried to stop himself from reading Soojin’s mind and focus at the sheet that was laying completely still on the table.

Out of the blue, the paper was on fire and before anyone knew it, Soojin poured water on it from her water bottle. Hoseok was so startled that he didn’t realise what he had done.

“Hoseok ssi, what happened? Are you ok?”

Hoseok grew frustrated when Soojin used the pronoun ‘ssi’ on him. They were neighbours, were they not? So why was Soojin acting like they just knew each other? He sped out of the class before Soojin could ask more question.

Suddenly, Soojin heard a voice in her mind. “Go to the student counselor. Your classmates are in a hungry state.”

Soojin turned to look at Sir Jackson and nodded. She ran out of the classroom and headed to the staircase and stopped. Soojin turned to see Hoseok speeding towards her and her heart stopped beating. Her mind went blank. “Run.” She heard Hoseok’s voice in her mind. She didn’t hesitate and ran for Jin’s class. She knew Hoseok would catch up with her in no time. But her voice wouldn't come out of . She couldn’t scream. She asked help from Jin mentally and hoped that Jin would somehow hear her just like how she heard Sir Jackson and Hoseok in her mind.

Instead of Jin, she saw an unfamiliar guy looking at her sternly. The guy glanced behind her and within a second, he was already standing beside her, hands wide open, causing Hoseok to slow down his speed and eventually stopped right in front of him.

Hoseok’s eyes were filled with anger and his eyes were red.

“Hoseok ssi…what happened?” Soojin asked while trembling. She had never seen Hoseok like this. Was it possible that even the vampires could get possessed too?

The guy laughed at Soojin’s thoughts. She must be that human girl everyone was talking about.

The guy looked at Hoseok's name tag and made a decision.

“Jung Hoseok, as the prefect, I hereby command you to go back to your class.” The guy said and pointed towards to Hoseok and Soojin’s class.

Hoseok was trembling badly but he listened to the prefect and walked back to the class slowly.

Jin wasn’t in Soojin’s mind anymore. Her trustable friend tried to attack her, her trustable friend was behaving weirdly. She wanted to do something and help Hoseok but nothing came to her mind. Her tears started to drop. She broke down into tears. She wanted nothing but to go back to her dimension and pretended that nothing had ever happened and she had never entered this dimension.

The prefect stared at her, shocked at her reaction. He did read her mind and he couldn’t understand. Why did Soojin even care when Hoseok went mad and tried to attack her? Hoseok was a vampire so it was only natural that he behaved like that. He didn’t understand. Why were the human so naïve? Why were they so caring? He reached out and caressed Soojin’s cheeks that were stained with tears. 

“Stop crying…I will bring you to Seokjin.”

The prefect said, knowing that she originally asked help from Jin. He held her arms gently and led her to Jin’s class. Distinctive hissing could be heard when they passed by some of the classes but Soojin took no notice of them. She wanted to go home, to the home in the human dimension.