May I Know the Reason?

The Vampire Skool Luv Affair

This new high school that Soojin just entered turned out be exactly the same like the one in the human dimension except that this one, was filled with Vampires instead of human beings.

Jungkook and Hoseok accompanied Soojin and Yoonmi everywhere in order to protect them. Even when the girls went to the toilet, they made sure that they were the only ones who were using the toilet and made the other female vampires to wait outside before Soojin and Yoonmi came out.

Miss Jung met up with them during recess time, so she could take care of the girls and let Hoseok and Jungkook to rest for a while before resuming their work.

---

“You make a good partner.”

Jungkook said when they went to get their food together. Hoseok merely smiled and messed with his own hair. If anything, he was bad at guiding the human. He was only able to help Soojin because there was a secret he kept from everyone else.

“You know, the human food ain’t that bad. I tasted them before. They taste better than blood in my opinion. The only problem is, they don’t recharge our energies as excellent as blood does.” Jungkook continued without noticing that Hoseok had been staring into the distance for some time already.

Hoseok offered to get the blood bags for Jungkook after a while. He wanted to be alone for a while. Something had been bothering him since the day Soojin entered their dimension.

“There’s a high possibility that it wasn’t just a coincidence.” Hoseok murmured while the waiter at the canteen handed him two bags of blood. “Thanks.” He said and went back to where he had left Jungkook but Jungkook was nowhere to be found.

---

“By the way,  you both are allowed to apply for a leave if that time of the month comes. That will definitely cause a stir in the whole school if you guys don’t. That attracts vampire more than normal blood does. Keep that in mind ok?”

Miss Jung said while Soojin and Yoonmi ate their homemade Kimbab.

Soojin laughed at what she just heard, maybe, life wasn’t that bad at all.

Suddenly, a girl screamed and everyone turned to the direction where the scream came from.

“Tell me! What are you doing at here? You know better than anyone else that the Nature’s Law should never be challenged!”

Jungkook was asking the girl fiercely while there was blood dripping from his mouth.

Soojin looked at Jungkook and then at the girl. The girl’s ear was bitten off and was bleeding pretty heavily. She looked back at Jungkook’s direction and found an ear on the floor. She grimaced at the scene and turned away in dismay.

“You have no rights to scold me like that! You vampires are hiding your secret weapon! If anything, you blood creatures are the ones who challenged the Nature’s Law!”

Soojin felt her bile coming out from her stomach and rushed to the toilet before telling anyone else.

She banged the door to the toilet and vomited into the nearest sink. She twisted the water tap and let the water rushed out of it. She splashed herself with the water and took out a small scarf from her pocket on her coat and wiped her face clean. “That was disgusting. I need to remind myself that I’m now in another dimension. This sort of things do happen.” She shook her head and washed her face for the last time and wiped it again. She let loose of her bun and allowed her hair ro rest in front of her chest. She combed it with her own fingers and her hair looked perfect again.

Soojin made sure she looked alright and headed for the door. Before she knew it, another girl was watching her from behind.

“So…you’re that human girl?” the girl asked and her lips twitched into a smile.

Soojin jumped and turned to look at her. “I am…wh…who are you?” she asked and staggered back slowly, hoping that the door wasn’t too far from her. The girl’s hair was resting on her shoulders. She was the fairest girl Soojin had ever met. She folded her arms in front of her chest. Her left leg crossing her right leg and instead of the normal school sneakers, she was wearing a pair of boots.

 “Well…maybe not, there’s another human girl.” Soojin added when she remembered she wasn’t the only human.

“No matter, you’re the one who arrived first, isn’t it?” The girl approached to her slowly, the smile was still on her face.

Soojin thought of shouting but she was afraid that the other vampires would hear her and join this girl in ‘attacking’ her. She thought of Hoseok, but she didn’t know where he was. She thought of Jungkook, but he was having a fight with a girl. She thought of Yoonmi but Yoonmi was a human too. She thought of Miss Jung, but Miss Jung would most probably be solving Jungkook’s problem. She cursed at herself mentally for not being able to think properly at this situation. And then, finally, as if her brain finally received the emergency message, she thought of Jin. She smiled and turned to run. She headed straight to the only staircase that led to the second floor.

Second to the right, second floor. Second to the right, second floor. She kept reminding herself but she wasn’t fast enough. Right after she reached the second floor, the girl caught her arm and pushed her toward a wall. “You actually think you can run faster than a vampire? Who do you think you are?” The girl asked mockingly and laughed. There were a few more girls with her now. Soojin recognised none of them. Then it hit her, vampire’s senses are way better than human and she was only a few steps away from Jin’s class. She did what a normal girl would do. She screamed.

“JIN! I NEED HELP!”

As if her prayer was heard, she saw a shadow speeding towards her direction from behind the girl and within seconds, the girl was lying down on the floor, with the mark of a man’s palm on her face.

Jin put his hand protectively around Soojin’s shoulder and flashed his fangs at the girls who were ganging up on Soojin before.

“You should know better than to mess with her. She is under my protection, any of you touch her means you’re challenging me. DO YOU HEAR ME?!” He whispered at first and raised his voice at the last sentence.

The girl got up but all of her partners scattered away like pieces of puzzle being blown away.

“Jin, how could you do this to me?” The girl asked, sobbing while covering one side of her face that was slapped by Jin.

“You challenged me, Hyemi.” Jin replied as his fangs slowly sank back into his gums.

The girl looked from Jin to Soojin. Her heart clenched at the thought that both of them had the name ‘Jin” at the end; Jin belonged to her. “This is not the end, Shim Soojin.” She snarled and sped away before Jin and Soojin could react.

“You ok?” Jin asked after that.

Soojin let out a breath that she didn’t know she had been holding the entire time. She allowed herself to breath properly before answering Jin.

“Yeah, I’m alright now. Thanks.”

Jin patted her head and let her go. “I’m so sorry Soojin ah…she was my girlfriend. We broke up just before this semester starts. I reckon…she still has feelings for me. That’s why she feels threatened that I protected you from her.” He explained, after reading what was on Soojin’s mind: May I know the reason?

Soojin gulped and stared ahead. Finally, she decided to put down her doubts about vampires being able to read minds.

Jin faked a smile and offered to Soojin back to class. Soojin nodded and walked silently beside him. It was awkward but at the same time, she felt safe. She wanted to just walk beside him forever.