The Jung Family

The Vampire Skool Luv Affair

The principal was nice to Soojin, he made Miss Jung as her form teacher, he gave Miss Jung permission to leave the class so that she could always check on Soojin and made sure nothing happen to her.

The first day started to become a normal day for every student. Soojin’s classmates were given lectures so that they wouldn’t disturb Soojin.

It was time for Soojin to follow Miss Jung back home. She parted with Hoseok with slight reluctance. For some reason, her instinct kept telling her to not leave him but she had no choice.

Miss Jung’s house wasn’t so far away from the school. It only took them 5 minutes to walk from school.

“Yoonmi ya, I brought you a friend.”

Miss Jung called out as soon as they reached the front door. A girl opened the door and widened her eyes. She looked just about the same age as Soojin. “Oh my! You’re a human! Welcome!” She immediately grabbed Soojin’s arm and dragged her into the living room.

The girl made Soojin sat on the purple sofa and she sat beside her.

“Nice to meet you. My name is Jung Yoonmi. Just call me Yoonmi or Mimi.”

The girl introduced herself and offered Soojin her hand.

Soojin took her hand and nodded. “I’m Soojin, Shim Soojin.”

Yoonmi let go off Soojin’s hand and went to the kitchen. “You haven’t eaten anything have you? I will prepare something for you!”

Soojin sat there in awe, couldn’t believe that she finally had a normal conversation for the first time that day. And it was a conversation with another human being like herself.

Suddenly, Miss Jung sat down beside her where Yoonmi was before.

“My sister still couldn’t make up her mind whether she wants to be a vampire. That’s why I applied for the program where I could train myself to not crave for human blood. In fact, I’m a vegetarian. I don’t drink human blood.”

Soojin stared at Miss Jung for a while, letting the information to sink in. She smiled when she finally understood what Miss Jung was saying. “Thank you, for taking me in even though we’ve just met.”

Miss Jung smiled and patted Soojin’s head. “You’re just like my sister. And it is a blessing that you entered our world. I can’t say much but I hope you can get used to the life in this dimension as soon as possible. Vampires aren’t all bad you know?”

Miss Jung stood up and headed to a room that was next to the kitchen. Soojin reckoned that was her room and headed to the kitchen on her own.

She observed the house while heading to the kitchen. It wasn’t very big but nicely designed. All the walls were painted with a warm lavender colour, and lavender, was her favourite colour. There were only two bedrooms, a washroom and a kitchen. It was simple, but she liked it. There were some simple yet cute stickers like love birds standing on a tree branch, chirping happily. And suddenly, the birds started to fly around on the wall and Soojin backed away almost instantly but stopped when Yoonmi appeared behind her.

“They’re bewitched, they’ll chirp and fly around when someone looks at them admiring, just like how you did.”

Yoonmi smiled and placed two plates of Ja JJangmyun with the chopsticks on the dining table. “Come, eat with me. Is Ja Jjangmyun ok?”

Soojin sat down and stared at the dishes that Yoonmi just prepared. She never thought she could still eat something like that the moment she realised she would have to live in the vampire dimension for at least a year. She smiled and nodded happily. She started to dig in even before Yoonmi could say anything.

Yoonmi sat down opposite to her and ate in content. For the first time in so many years, she didn’t have to eat the human food alone.

After that, Soojin told Yoonmi everything. She told her about the beautiful moon she saw the night before, she told her about how fortunate of her that Hoseok was actually her neighbour, and lastly, how she was glad that she got to meet Yoonmi.

Yoonmi clapped her hands when Soojin told her that she would be living with them for at least a week and then she would have to make up her mind whether she wanted to continue to live with them or she could move in with Hoseok.