Wandering Around in the Dark

The Vampire Skool Luv Affair

Soojin tossed and turned for the umpteenth time on her bed but still couldn’t sleep. She sat up straight and cracked her knuckles with annoyance. She needed sleep more than anything; she didn’t want to be late for the first day of her life in high school. Finally, she decided to have a tour around her new school’s campus. That might be just the thing she needed to do in order to fall asleep.

She changed into a simple white sweater and a pair of denim shorts. After looking at her reflection at the mirror for the third time to make sure that her hair was neatly tied into a bun, she headed out and hopped onto her bike. “Here we go.”

Soojin rode the bike in dismay when the night breeze blew past her. “Winter isn’t really over. I shouldn’t have worn this short.” She cursed at herself and increased the speed and reached BTS High within 5 minutes.

Soojin parked her bike at the school’s gate. Surprising enough, there was no security guard at all. She tilted her head and looked at the main building. It looked like one of those schools that were filled with cheerful and helpful teachers and student but then, it was night time. It looked like the whole school was haunted. She couldn’t help but felt eerie about it. “Bad timing.” She said to herself and got back on her bike. She yawned before stepping on the paddles. “At least I know I can finally get a good night sleep.” She comforted herself and decided to head back home after that.

When she reached the T Junctions that could either lead her back to her home by turning left or going north and then further away into the city, she noticed the moon tonight was a mixture of dull yellow and milky white and was surprisingly beautiful. Mesmerised by the moon, she paddled forward without thinking too much and didn’t notice the sign board that warned everyone not to use that road. 

It was only after when her phone rang and notified her did she realise that it was already midnight and she still hadn’t reach home. She looked around and noticed the unfamiliar surroundings. Recalling back at her memories, she finally remembered that she took the wrong way and headed back to the T Junction. What she didn’t know, was that she had already trespassed the border that only appeared once a year to allow the Children of the Night to go back to their world.