Memories

The Vampire Skool Luv Affair

Today was a quiet day other than encountering the guy with hypnotising skills. Namjoon was absent so nothing happened. Soojin spent her time mostly with Yoonmi. Soojin didn’t tell her about the incident with Namjoon though, she didn’t want to scare her.

“Hey Soojin, we are having extra classes today, what do you want to eat? I can ‘make’ one for you right now.” Jungkook asked and winked at her. It had always been one of his tactics whenever he wanted to gain the trust of the human he guided, but this time, he wanted to gain the heart of his soulmate.

Soojin clapped her hands rather excitedly and thought of some of her favourite dishes. “Can I have an Oreo pudding then?”

Jungkook smiled and nodded at her.

He drew a circle in the air and then a moment later a rather small transparent cup appeared and inside of it was filled with a creamy pudding top and a piece of Oreo at the bottom. The cup floated in the air as if there were no gravity at all. Jungkook leaned on his chair in satisfaction and flashed a winning smile. He waved his hand and the pudding naturally floated it’s way to Soojin.

The cup landed on Soojin’s hands and she stared at it in awe. Jungkook flicked his fingers and a spoon appeared in the cup. Soojin didn’t hesitate to taste it right away.

“How is it?” Jungkook asked as he observed Soojin in every way he could. Everything about this girl simply amazed him. The way she ate the pudding, the way she smiled so brightly simply because of magic-made pudding, and lastly, the way she trusted Jungkook so much that she didn’t doubt him at all.

“It’s great! Yoonmi, you want some?” Soojin replied and asked her best friend. Yoonmi stuck out her tongue and shook her head. “I’m not fond of these.”

Yoonmi skipped the afternoon classes for an unknown reason, leaving Soojin alone with the all the guys.

Nonetheless, Miss Jung stayed, it was her duty to make sure her students were safe and she was sure her sister could make it on her own.

---

Suga sat beside Soojin during the afternoon classes, as a ‘compensation’ for not being there for her when Namjoon attacked her.

When school ended, Jin suddenly made a decision.

“Hey Suga.” He stopped suga when everyone was leaving.

Suga asked Hoseok and Soojin to go first and turned to face Jin. “Yeah?”

Jin rubbed his hands nervously and his lips before he answered him.

“Can I move in with you guys too?” Jin said and closed his eyes, afraid to meet with Suga’s stare.

Hoseok wasn’t too far away and he laughed when he heard what Jin just said. Soojin looked at him and leaned on his shoulder with her hand wrapping around Hoseok’s waist. “Why are you laughing?” she asked with an expressionless face.

At this point, Hoseok laughed again. He ruffled her hair and wrapped his hand around her waist too. “I think another soulmate has been found.”

 

Suga smiled and patted Jin’s shoulder after he was sure that he didn’t hear it wrongly. “You’re in love with my Jinnie?”

Jin felt uncomfortable with that nickname that Suga had given to Soojin because his name ended with Jin too. He smiled dryly and inserted his hands into his pockets. “You can say so.”

 “I’m ok with anything as long as she’s ok with it. Go and ask her then.” Suga replied with a smirk and turned to walk away. “Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure she will say yes.” He said without turning back.

Jin stared as Suga ran towards the other pair and placed his hand on the girl’s shoulder and whispered something into her ear.

“This is bad.”

 

Soojin stared at Suga after he had whispered that something that he had discussed with Jin. She turned back to look at Jin and smiled at him. She gave a small nod before turning back and continued walking back home with her soulmates.

Jin then took that as a sign of given permission to follow them and rushed to catch up with them. “Wait up!”

---

Back at home, Jin told Soojin about his parents and their opinion about her.

“My mom said she knew I’m going to leave her side by the time I reach this age because Hoseok’s grandpa told her so.” Jin said when Suga and Hoseok left them to bond together after dinner. Soojin was even surprised that they didn’t actually get mad or even jealous.

“Umm…is it a common thing in the Vampire’s culture that an individual has more than one soulmate?”

Jin laughed and stared into her eyes. “Because it’s soulmates we are talking about, not just a common pair of human lovers. And…having more than one soulmate means you’ve contributed a lot in the vampire’s world or, you will make a lot of contribution in our world in the future.”

For some reason, instead getting dumbfounded and star struck at Jin’s answer, she felt like she was missing something, some pieces in her memories, something important that she should’ve remembered, but what was it?

Jin saw her sorrowful expression and cupped her face softly. “Are you ok? Is there something you need to remember?” he asked as he searched her face carefully and read her mind thoroughly.

Soojin stared into his beautiful yet innocent eyes and felt the same feeling that she had when she was attacked by Hyemi.

“I don’t even remember which memory I’ve lost.” She said. Her eyes were b bright with all the tears she was holding back.

Jin smiled at this strong yet helpless girl in front of him. “Close your eyes. I can help you with that.”

Soojin blinked and the tears rolled down with no hesitation. She sobbed and blinked even more. “What do you mean?”

“Just trust me.”

Soojin blinked for the last time and nodded before she finally closed her eyes.

Jin closed his eyes too and reached into the deepest part of Soojin’s memories, and tried to search for the broken pieces that fell from the memory wall in Soojin’s mind. He had helped several people from regaining their memories and also vice versa, deleting their memories. That was the specialty of his.

In Soojin’s mind, familiar images started to form and she could hear the sound of waterfall. She heard the rustling of autumn leaves. She also heard the breathing of a man that sounded so familiar to him.

“Soojin? Is that you?”

Soojin saw the man in her mind and had the urge to rush to him.

“I got you!” the guy caught Soojin in his arms and nuzzled her. “You’re so beautiful. Did you know that?”

 Suddenly, the image changed, she was hiding in a flower bed of roses, a flower bed of roses that had no thorn at all.

“Kim Taehyung! You’re not going anywhere! I will find you!”

Soojin heard a man yelled and Taehyung emerged out of nowhere and lunged for the man’s heart.

“I’m not the weak Taehyung anymore uncle. You killed my parents, don’t you think I don’t know.”

“No!” Soojin opened her eyes and stared at Jin with her eyes b with more tears than ever. “No! This can’t be!”

Jin hugged her tightly and soothed her hair. “It’s alright, I’m here.”

“Taehyung, he had been training so that he could protect me from his uncle that wanted my blood for his ritual. He did. But..but…”

Soojin blurted out but stopped because the lump on wouldn’t go away. Her voice was stuck in and her tears wouldn’t stop dropping.

Jin knew immediately that these few memories had made her remember everything. He continued to hug her and hummed a lullaby to her. It was the best way to calm her down and this had always worked whenever he tried to calm his sister down.

When Soojin finally fell asleep on his shoulder, he tucked her in back in her room and kissed her forehead. “Sleep tight my princess, you can tell me about it tomorrow. From now on, I will protect you, whenever and wherever you are.”