A Venture through the Memories

The Vampire Skool Luv Affair

Taehyung was training in the deep forest. He was wearing the uniform that was torn and bared both of his shoulders that had been severely injured. Blood was dripping from his mouth and he was sweating hard. He was exhausted, His energy was all drained. He was close to the stage of fainting. His vision blurred.

Suddenly, he heard a girl’s voice, calling his name as if he was her husband that had been separated from her for a long time. His vision started to became clear again. He shook his head vigorously and the sweats splat everywhere. He wiped the blood from his mouth and smiled.

“Taehyung ah! I brought your lunch for you!”

The girl shouted and motioned him to follow her. She was wearing a pink blouse with floral design. Her shoes were a pair of clean, white flats. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail. Her ponytail swung from side to side when she skipped to the river with a basket in her hand.

Taehyung inhaled sharply and his shoulder’s injuries were sealed in a moment. He moved swiftly across the forest ground and settled down next to the girl on the river bank.

“Did you injure yourself again this time?” the girl asked and her lips were pouting like a duckling.

Taehyung smiled and shook his head gently. “Nope, I didn’t.” He answered and patted the girl’s head.

The girl raised an eyebrow and looked at his shoulders. “You lied. Why is your uniform like that then?”

Taehyung stared down at his shoulders and blushed. “Heh heh,  I couldn’t trick you huh.”

The girl punched Taehyung’s chest lightly and glared at him. “How dare you! I told you not to injure yourself anymore! You promised me too, didn’t you?”

Taehyung grabbed her hand and placed it on his chest and laughed. “I’m sorry. I just wanted to train myself to get stronger, so that I can always be with you.” He smiled at the girl and blushed even harder.

The girl softened at this and smiled too. “Taehyung ah, you never told me much about yourself. Why are you so different compare to the other guys?” She asked and scooped closer to him, wanting to feel his body’s warmth next to her.

Taehyung placed his other hand on the girl’s shoulder and leaned on the girl’s head.

“Soojin ah, I can’t tell you much but trust me. I just wanted to protect you- ”

“KIM TAEHYUNG!”

A man’s shout could be heard suddenly and both Taehyung and Soojin turned to see who he was and Taehyung didn’t hesitate to grab Soojin’s hand and they were running all of a sudden.

“Kim Taehy-”

“Stop it! Just stop!” Taehyung shouted at Hoseok and he was breathing hard.

Startled, Hoseok stared at Taehyung with his eyes widened.

“What happened?” Soojin came rushing in and was carrying a basket of tea leaves.

Taehyung stared at her and tears started to form in his eyes. He was about to break down. He wanted to hold the tears back and acted like nothing happened but he couldn’t. The memories were too strong.

He sped up to Soojin and hugged her so tightly that she dropped the basket immediately. “I missed you so much. I’m so sorry for not keeping my promise, I’m really sorry.”

Taehyung was whispering softly to her, his body was whimpering. He was sobbing hard and he buried his head into her hair. He didn’t want to say or do anything else. He just wanted to stay like this forever, with Soojin in his arms.

Soojin went numb and didn’t know how to react. Part of her told her that they belonged together but she couldn’t understand why. She didn’t understand what was happening, but whatever Taehyung was feeling, it had clearly affected her too. She placed her hands on Taehyung’s back and leaned on his strong and protective shoulder. “Shh…it’s ok. I’m here now. It’s ok. I don’t know what happened but it’s ok now. I’m here. Don’t worry.”

Hoseok stared at them both in confusion. Why didn’t Soojin remember anything at all? What happened? How did Taehyung know that I was reading his memories? I’ve never failed at this before.

Hoseok shook his head and left the scene as soon as possible.

Taehyung was still sobbing. He was glad that Soojin didn’t ask him for details and hugged him back. It was just what he wanted. I wish we could stay like this forever.