First Day

The Vampire Skool Luv Affair

She was right when she reached home, she didn’t even bother to change back into her pajamas and fell asleep almost instantly when she lay on her bed. Strange enough, that night, was a dreamless night. Not that it mattered but she remembered her mom once telling her a tale that had something to do with having dreamless night but she was too tired to think about it.

The next day she woke up feeling refreshed. She got up from her bed and stretched her body before she had her morning wash and changed into her new uniform.

It was only when she went to the kitchen to prepare her breakfast, did she realize that the sky was a pitch black. “Did I wake up a little bit too early?” She asked to herself and looked at her Baby-G watch that her father had bought for her. And then, horror started to fill her in, it was already 7 in the morning. She shook her head hard and thought that her watch had gone haywire. She looked at the grandfather clock that was in the living room and it was still the same, it was still 7. Being a positive girl, she thought that maybe, today was just a super gloomy day. She allowed herself to relax and constantly telling herself she was just being paranoid simply because today was the first day of her life in high school.

After having her breakfast, she made sure she locked the back and front door and rode her bike to her new school.

All the way to school, she didn’t catch any glimpse of the sun hiding behind the clouds and the moon that was hanging beautifully on the sky the night before was still there. She gulped and told herself that everything was going to be fine and today was just a super gloomy day.

When she arrived at BTS High, everything looked normal. The students were all rushing inside and she didn’t even hesitate to park her bike in the parking lot specially prepared for students.

When she entered the school gate, a muscular man stopped her by blocking her path. Soojin looked up and saw that he was a security guard. The security guard had a pair of bat-like eyes and the irises were red. That was when she started to feel scared. She didn’t remember Asians had red coloured irises other than black.

The security guard bent down and sniffed her neck. “Human….A new student? Is that even possible?” he murmured and shook his head. “Show me your acceptance letter.”

Soojin gulped and ped her bag to retrieve the letter. She was grateful that she remembered to bring the letter. She handed the letter to the security guard and bit her lower lip nervously.

While the security guard was reading the letters; every student that passed by, all looked at Soojin viciously. Some even smirked at her. She told herself that she imagined it and it didn’t happen at all.

After a while or so, the security guard returned the letter to her and stepped back. “You may go in.” he said and turned to check on the other students.

Soojin stuffed her letter into her bag and walked into the school with a new impression that this school wasn’t as nice as she thought.

Suddenly, a guy grabbed her elbow, which stopped her yet for the second time of the day. “Hey, aren’t you my neighbour? No way, you shouldn’t be coming to this school. Is it possible? No, it couldn’t be.”

The guy let go of Soojin and messed with his hair that was perfectly fine a moment ago.

Soojin used this chance to look at the guy closely and couldn’t tell whether he was really her neighbour and yet, he looked so familiar. And then, it hit her. He was the boy who lived two houses away from hers. Before she could say anything, the guy dragged her away from the crowd of students into a quiet and empty classroom and locked the door.

“How did you get into this dimension?”

The guy asked and eyed Soojin curiously.

Dimension? What dimension? Soojin knew nothing about dimensions unless the guy meant the 2-dimension and 3-dimension that she learnt during elementary school. Soojin kept quiet and blinked her eyes rapidly. She didn’t know what to say.

“I mean, uh…did you use any road that you shouldn’t have before today?” The guy asked again, wording his sentence carefully.

Soojin tilted her head and frowned. A road? What road? She tried to remember if she went anywhere and then she remembered advancing to the road which she shouldn’t have and how she turned back and headed back home.

“Right, I was coming back home from here yesterday night and well..it sounds stupid but the moon was-” She looked out at the window and saw that the moon was still there. “I mean the moon is really pretty so I went straight ahead where we could venture into the city. Luckily my phone rang and then I realised that I took the wrong way and returned back.” She explained and laughed dryly.

The guy looked at her with his eyes widened.

She crossed the border? This is madness! How could a human crossed the border right at the time when the border is opened for us to come back? Is this coincidental? The guy thought and closed his eyes to think of what to do. If anything, he was glad that he was trained to not to be attracted to the human’s veins on their necks where the blood pumped strongly to the heart. He shook away the thought and exhaled sharply.

“I’m going to help you, I mean no harm-”

“What do you mean ‘harm?’ Could you at least tell me what’s your name?” Soojin cut him off. She sensed danger, she knew because her hunches were always right and she decided to not doubt the hunch she was having now.

“My name is Hoseok. Jung Hoseok.” Hoseok answered and took a deep breath. He knew what was going to come anyway.

“You’ve entered the dimension of Vampires. The moment you used that road, you’ve already been accepted here and as for why are you still here even though you’ve turned back, there’s only one reason I could think of. The border had been closed before you turned back. If you noticed, it’s morning and there’s no sun at all. This is my proof to you that I’m not bluffing at all.”