Can't Get Back

The Vampire Skool Luv Affair

Soojin followed Hoseok everywhere he went except for the washroom. Even so, she would still wait for him right outside of the washroom.

“Anyone else finds out about my identity other than you and the security guard?” Soojin asked while they went to find their class together since Soojin’s class in the human dimension was the same with Hoseok in this dimension. This was fortunate news for both Hoseok and Soojin.

Hoseok stopped walking and turned to Soojin. “You underestimated the Vampires. Vampire’s senses are even better than a dog or even the camera that you see in the convenience shop. We don’t even have to sniff you out, we just have to look at your blood veins and we can already determine whether you’re a human or not.” He said seriously but also softly. He knew Soojin for a long time already and he wanted to help Soojin more than anything else.

“So that’s why the others were looking at me with those vicious eyes. I thought I imagined it…” Soojin said softly, almost close to whispering.

Hoseok softened at the sight of Soojin being all scared and her body was shaking uncontrollably. He put his hands on Soojin’s shoulders and looked into Soojin’s eyes sincerely. “Don’t worry Soojin ah, I will help you. We are neighbours. For now, just follow me and don’t go anywhere without my permission. Understand?”

Soojin merely nodded and tried to hide the fact that she was already crying. She didn’t even know whether this was all just a dream. She didn’t even know why she believed Hoseok even though this was her first time talking to Hoseok.

Hoseok took Soojin’s hand in his and led her to their classroom. As expected, all the other students stared at them, bewildered. Distinctive conversation could be heard but Soojin understood nothing, she didn’t want to understand anyway.

Hoseok found two empty seats by the window and made Soojin sit at the seat that was located right beside the window. “This way, you don’t have to be afraid of being attacked and you can escape through the window if anything ever happens.”

Soojin wondered why was Hoseok treating her so nice when she accidentally invaded their territory and not to mention about not talking to him every time they met when she was buying something from the convenience store in their neighbourhood.

Being vampire, meant you can read human’s minds, whether you like it or not. “I’m helping you because I know how scared you are and you’re not a bad person. Besides, you’re shy, that’s why you chose to not greet me whenever we met at the convenience store. So don’t feel bad or suspicious about the reason why I want to help you.” Hoseok answered her non-verbal question and this caused her to blush, but it was a bad move. The students were now slowly getting closer, blushing only made them want to drink her blood more.

Suddenly, another student came banging in and everyone’s attention turned to him immediately. “You there, human girl. Follow me.” He said and glared at the other students whose eyes were all glued to Soojin. Soojin gulped and looked at Hoseok. Hoseok nodded and gave her shoulder a squeeze. “Don’t worry, he’s the student counselor. I will go with you if you want.”

Soojin nodded and grabbed Hoseok’s arm tightly. Right now, she could only trust Hoseok. The student counr scowled and went out of the classroom, expecting Soojin and Hoseok to be following him.

Hoseok smiled, assuring Soojin that everything was going to be alright. They went out of the classroom and found the student council leaning on the wall just right beside the door.

“The principal wants to see you.” He said and turned to look at Hoseok, “So…you brought her in? What? Don’t tell me you’re in love with your food.” He smirked and was about to turn to walk away but Hoseok stopped him. “She’s not my food, nor my girlfriend. We are neighbours. That’s why I want to help her.”

The student council glanced at Soojin and shook his head. “Do all the vampires who decided to live in the human dimension behave like you do? Helping her just because she’s your neighbour?”

He then led Hoseok and Soojin to the Principal’s office. After they arrived at the Principal office, the student council patted Hoseok’s shoulder and left.

Hoseok was grateful to him, at least he understood. Hoseok encouraged Soojin to go in and they entered the office together. The principal stiffened the moment Soojin entered.

“Oh good good, you have a vampire friend. That’s what you need to survive- I mean, forget about that. I think I know how you’ve gotten into this dimension. Although it’s not entirely uncommon, it does happen once in a while. The last time this happened was 3 centuries ago.”

Soojin gulped at the statement. 3 centuries ago? Did she hear it wrongly? She steadied her own breath and explained to the Principal how she had gotten herself into this dimension even though the principal already had an idea about it.

The principal listened to her patiently and when she was done with the explanation, the principal adjusted his tie and sat up straight.

“You see, the problem is, the border only opens once a year. Whether you like it or not, this is the fact that we can’t change. I’m sure I can explain to the Ministry of education in your human dimension but, it’s you I’m worried about. Actually, I’m a new principal. Today is my first day here. I know how you feel. Well, I will leave that part out but from now on, I guess you need to live with Hoseok. You won’t find your parents back at home no matter how long you are willing to wait, so in order to protect you, you need to live with him unless, you are willing to convert into a vampire.”

Soojin’s eyes widened at what the principal just said. She couldn’t get back, and she had to live with Hoseok. She thought things couldn’t get any worse but she was wrong. The world started to spin around. She closed her eyes and hoped that everything was just a dream and she would wake up and everything would be back to normal. Before she could open her eyes and accept the reality, a knock came from the door and women appeared from behind it.

“I believe I can help this girl.”

The women said without looking at Soojin.

“My sister hasn’t convert into a vampire, I think she can live with us for now.”

Finally, she turned to Soojin and smiled warmly at her.

Soojin didn’t know how to react. Why should she trust this women whom she just met? Would it be better to live with her than Hoseok? Her sister hadn’t convert into vampire, which meant that she could at least live with a human. That was what caught her attention. A human companion wouldn’t be so bad.

Hoseok turned to look at Soojin, nervous to know what would Soojin do.

Soojin looked back at Hoseok and did some calculations in her mind. “I could try to live with her for a while. I will continue to stay with her if everything goes smoothly after a week. If not, I could always go to Hoseok’s house. Right, Hoseok ssi?”

Hoseok, seeing as Soojin started to regain her consciousness about this dimension, he smiled and nodded.

“Right, now let’s move on to the next problem. You’ll need to stick to these two people for now. Trust not even the other teachers who seem nice to you. They could lose their temper. But Miss Jung, whom you will be living with for a week, has been trained so she can be trusted. Are you clear now?” The principal asked, trying to sound not too scary. For the vampires, it was a blessed thing to have a human in your working environment during the first day of work.